PDA

View Full Version : I want loud!

Jsantoyo89
09-28-2012, 03:33 AM
I am satisfied the way my CDT's sound but i just want my speakers to play loud at first i was more leaned to an SQ build but now i just want my **** to be loud. I was looking into some Neo Pro's with selenium tweets. Any suggestion. what about PA stuff i heard it gets loud.

rebelfromva
09-28-2012, 03:42 AM
I was looking into aq super tweets not sure which mids yet though, either the aq pa or crescendo pa

Jsantoyo89
09-28-2012, 04:34 AM
i heard the aq tweets are pretty good for the price.

mlstrass
09-28-2012, 09:34 AM
AQ PA mids and supertweeters will get loud, much louder then normal comp sets. Parts Express PA mids also get very loud and are pretty inexpensive.

av83
09-28-2012, 10:06 AM
Its not loud? On 175 watts a channel, active? Good lord, lol.

trumpet
09-28-2012, 10:27 AM
You could be pushing past 100 dB easily on that setup. Inside the car that's loud enough to have to shout to be understood. Are you trying to get the attention of people outside the car? What happened to make you change your mind?

Jsantoyo89
09-28-2012, 05:25 PM
The change came from me being a newb and wanting to go straight to the good stuff e.g 80prs, CDT's
I should have started small especially with the lack of knowledge for tuning the stuff right. from messing around with it active i fucked up the tweets and just cant get the woofers to sound right without the bass taking over the entire sound. sigh...

matt_bennett05
09-28-2012, 05:28 PM
Sounds like they need to be crossed higher to do what you want. Then if that still doesn't cut it you do want to go PA...

mlstrass
10-01-2012, 01:46 PM
You have the right HU to run active, so it's easy from there.

PA stuff is what you want. I'm up near Six Flags if you want to hear some LOUD PA stuff to make sure it's what you want. I run Selenium, Parts express, AQ, and Nendo stuff.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested as YOUR ears need to hear it before you make the decision. I'm very happy with how it sounds for daily listening, just did a 9hr round trip to Springfield for a comp, and for getting loud they can't be beat. Got the cops called 3-4 times at the show...

audiobaun
10-01-2012, 02:20 PM
People might say BS, but ive bought a crap load of tweets, and always come back to some ear peircing tweets,that scream theyre *** off..haters gonna hate, but they do scream,with power..try for yourselves:boink: My CDT tweets arent loud enough, so Ill be putting these loud BA back in
Kicker 11KS25 (KS25) 25mm / 1" KS Series Titanium Dome Tweeters (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_29876_Kicker-11KS25.html)
Throw 70+watts ea on these babies, and tell me they arent loud!