PDA

View Full Version : need box design for 3 SA-10's

nate56
09-25-2012, 07:57 PM
like title states need a design or design help, my dimensions are 38Wx20Dx16H would like subs up port back and will be powered with about 2000 watts

dbeez
09-25-2012, 08:12 PM
What vehicle what's your goals with this

nate56
09-25-2012, 08:37 PM
its in a 96 S-10 blazer and goals are DANG THOSE ARE 10'S

double 07
09-25-2012, 09:28 PM
I like THE GOAL!!!!!!........Good luck sir....Sounds like a plan...

shadow
09-25-2012, 09:31 PM
@pro-rabbit can build u one...

dbeez
09-25-2012, 09:33 PM
Do you want it designed and built.

nate56
09-25-2012, 10:04 PM
just designed catman got everything under control now :veryhapp:

dbeez
09-25-2012, 10:10 PM
Ok sorry but I don't just design if I'm not building look forward to seeing the build though.

pro-rabbit
09-25-2012, 10:51 PM
Should be a fun design/build. We have done one of those setups before we walled off the blazer. If done right, it should perform very very well.

I don't suggest subs up at all for this application though unless it simply has to be that way. During our testing with a similar setup we found that while it was .2db louder on the meter it did not perform on how we wanted it to.

Loudmp5
09-25-2012, 10:55 PM
What do you mean not perform how you wanted it to om doing 3 sa 12s and have to do subs up and port well i guess port dont have to be back but.... Sorry for this q on ur thread bro

wErd
09-25-2012, 10:55 PM
Should be a fun design/build. We have done one of those setups before we walled off the blazer. If done right, it should perform very very well.

I don't suggest subs up at all for this application though unless it simply has to be that way. During our testing with a similar setup we found that while it was .2db louder on the meter it did not perform on how we wanted it to.

What did you find the best sub/position for a blazer?

Flastrongman
09-25-2012, 11:04 PM
sub up port back always worked best in my Jimmy, but sub up/ sub back and port to side worked good too. I also had good results with a 4th order/ port up.

nate56
09-25-2012, 11:06 PM

How did u want them to perform?

Flastrongman
09-25-2012, 11:55 PM
this is just another good example of pro-rabbit coming into a thread and saying "that's not the way I would have done it" " I know way more than any of you but then I'm going to dip out without any sound reasoning for why your way is wrong"

pro-rabbit
09-26-2012, 12:13 AM
I was posting in your thread actually. I also don't live on the forums all day/night. I have a wife and daughter that I love to spend time with.

I love you too though, so it is ok. Say what you will.

The setup goal at the time was to get down and low and just be more a demo only setup. While as I said it did meter better with subs up and port back and performed very well, it was not the ideal setup we needed/wanted. We actually did subs back and port to the passenger side and got the exact response curve we wanted.

pro-rabbit
09-26-2012, 12:15 AM
What do you mean not perform how you wanted it to om doing 3 sa 12s and have to do subs up and port well i guess port dont have to be back but.... Sorry for this q on ur thread bro

They will perform 100% perfect and sound great subs up and port back. We just had a very specific goal for the 10's and found that the best overall way to get what we needed/wanted from that setup was to do subs back and port to the passenger side. There is no reason to be worried about doing subs up and port back, it is just about the standard for any/all SUV's out there.

Flastrongman
09-26-2012, 12:23 AM
I was posting in your thread actually. I also don't live on the forums all day/night. I have a wife and daughter that I love to spend time with.

I love you too though, so it is ok. Say what you will.

The setup goal at the time was to get down and low and just be more a demo only setup. While as I said it did meter better with subs up and port back and performed very well, it was not the ideal setup we needed/wanted. We actually did subs back and port to the passenger side and got the exact response curve we wanted.

oh don't fall back on that Mr. 10000+ posts

I have a wife and 2 kids as well that's why my combined forum posts between 6 different forums in lower than just yours on here

pro-rabbit
09-26-2012, 12:27 AM
oh don't fall back on that Mr. 10000+ posts

I have a wife and 2 kids as well that's why my combined forum posts between 6 different forums in lower than just yours on here

My post count only got larger do to being a vendor. Before that it was pretty low actually.

The other reason, would be I don't always remember where I post. If you or anyone sees me posting something and it needs to be clarified then feel free to "mention" me and I will be more then happy to come in and clear what ever it is up if I can anyway.

Montana
09-26-2012, 03:33 AM
Pro-Rabbit has also been here for 8 years... so, "Mr. 10,000" post seems extremely reasonable.

Montana
09-26-2012, 03:36 AM
Nice enclosures Strongman by the way, clean!

CAT MAN
09-26-2012, 04:01 AM
catman is the bomb!

ive done plenty for nate and a few others on Fb :)

Flastrongman
09-26-2012, 08:57 AM
Pro-Rabbit has also been here for 8 years... so, "Mr. 10,000" post seems extremely reasonable.

I was just giving him a hard tme

Nice enclosures Strongman by the way, clean!

thanks