PDA

View Full Version : tweeter location

pickup1
09-23-2012, 10:49 AM
Just a quIck questIon..would I get better quality sound if my tweeters were..
Mounted in stock location behind factory grills.
Mounted in the pillar (stock location) with tweeter surface mounts.
Mounted down in the kicks where my mid is.
Or even surfaced mounted on each end of the dash?
They are Morel tweeters from a tempo 6 set. And have both mounts...dash sounds interesting...but this tx. heat...don't want to cook the tweeters..
Car is an 06 altima.

Don't want to do spheres and trying to keep it stealth..

splwj47
09-23-2012, 11:23 AM
spheres in the pillars are going to work and sound the best. but get some double sided tape and test out different locations to see what sounds best to you.

keep_hope_alive
09-23-2012, 12:01 PM
apillars flush or slightly angled.

pickup1
09-24-2012, 04:56 PM
a pillar and flush mount.....need to try that..

budgetkiller
09-26-2012, 10:28 AM
I mounted on the door on that triangular piece of trim directly inside from the mirrors. Note:different car. My dash reflects it back towards the driver pretty well on the driver's side and on the passenger side it's somewhat pointed my direction. I've noticed it sounds much fuller if I hold a CD in front of the tweeter at an angle reflecting it towards my ear. The midbass drivers are in the doors down by my knees. I'm using Kenwood components and they also came with two mounts. The very stock looking dome mounts which blend in flawlessly and flush mount swivels (little flashy but noting two crazy). Do you guys think I would notice a significant improvement in the front stage if I mounted in the A pillars? or switched to swivels, etc. I know this should almost be it's own thread but since it's very similar to the OP's post, I'm hoping any advice will apply to both.

OP: Maybe give the trim inside the mirror a shot like I did and see what you think. Not sure where your stock location is but hopefully this helps.

keep_hope_alive
09-26-2012, 11:36 PM
moving the tweeters to apillars from sail panels is a night and day difference in soundstage height and overall tonality.

pickup1
10-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Here's my stock location..
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t293/jdpickup1/20111211_134923.jpg

fish1234
10-06-2012, 07:32 PM
Try some waveguides.

fasfocus00
10-06-2012, 07:35 PM
how about on the back side of the rearview mirror? just a fan of doing this as no one sees your tweeters and they give off good sound doing this.

Fi-brations
10-08-2012, 11:02 PM
not too many people are gonna realize what the big balls in your pillars are anyway :p: