PDA

View Full Version : 99' jeep tj

jimmyslide
04-05-2004, 03:35 AM
Please help...I was reading some previous threads about subs in jeeps and they said they don't recommend doing so as they can't be heard so well...Is this true? I think a single 12 behind the rear seat should sound pretty good. Is it better just to get decent speakers for the sound bar and dash? If so, what speakers do you recommend. I have never done an install in a jeep, so I am a virgin to this type of install. :bawling: It is for my friends jeep and she is hot so I don't want to dissapoint her!

Shawn...

desi_daru
04-05-2004, 04:53 AM
tell her to give me a call while u throw a sub in the back
my bro has a 10" in the back, facing outwards in his hardtop 95 tj i beleive thats the year and its pretty decent

jimmyslide
04-05-2004, 08:27 AM
Sorry man, don't think she'd go for it...

What kind of 10?
What kind of box? How big?
What kind of wattage is he running to it?
Decent with top on and off?

Any help please....

Shawn...

desi_daru
04-06-2004, 03:25 AM
some clarion 10" in a SMALL *** box, watts not 2 sure nothin 2 much
and with top off i cant really remember, i can let u know in a month or 2 wen its off again heh

RckyMtnTJ
04-29-2004, 03:25 AM
There are only 2 options for a Jeep as I see it. You can gut your back seat and build a box that will house a 12" speaker or 2 10" speakers. Another option depending on the usage of your Jeep is to go down to the Costco or Walmart in Lethbridge. They are selling an all enclosed box with 2 8" speakers 2 tweeters, and base ports. The one at Walmart will just barely fit behind the rear seat when placed correctly. The one from Costco has a bit more room. Then you can bolt it down. The reason I think this may be a applicable solution is cause a Jeep is open and you are risking mud, rain, and theft with something. These boxes are cheap. However to an audiophile, they probably sound like crap. They are however good enough for me. If you want more information on how to build the box in the seat (nice and stealth) then check out some of the Jeep site. www.jeepsunlimited.com has some writeups I am sure.

Good luck fellow Lethbridgite

JPN

omnipseudo
04-29-2004, 11:18 AM
Heya - I have a 2000 Wrangler with a nearly complete system in it and it sounds pretty ****ed good (even with my ****** amp ;) ) Check out my thread Here (http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=57575) i have a few pics up that should give you some idea of what to do.

tconners
08-20-2009, 09:05 PM
" in his hardtop 95 tj "

That would be a YJ.
TJ's started in 97.
;)

tconners
08-20-2009, 09:06 PM
Also get a factory sub and upgrade it!
Goes in the console.
Stock on rubicons.
There also is a kit out there to mount subs under the rear seat.
You just loose half the foam and comfort for the back seat riders..