View Full Version : HAT Lagatia question

West
09-19-2012, 11:56 PM
Legatia L4SE
Legatia L4SE Carbon

Which sounds better to your ears?

RAM_Designs
09-20-2012, 12:03 AM
Not going to find many people who have heard both. Maybe try diyma since they generally have a better SQ following and deeper pockets over there.

West
09-20-2012, 12:05 AM
I am probably going to order the regular ones. I post on diyma too then, thanks!

richericks
09-20-2012, 06:48 PM
Scott from HAT has a dented box sale going on over at DIYMA. Definitely worth checking out.

West
09-20-2012, 07:12 PM
Scott from HAT has a dented box sale going on over at DIYMA. Definitely worth checking out.

Thanks man! Another member told me about it last night, but still I appreciate the help.

I ended up getting some L4SE's and some L6SE's for $1085. Over $400 off list, can't complain.

snoopdan
09-20-2012, 07:16 PM
http://www.perdue.com/recipes/recipeimages/LightLasagna_367x300.jpg

I likes me some HOT Lasagna :fyi:

West
09-20-2012, 07:19 PM
http://www.perdue.com/recipes/recipeimages/LightLasagna_367x300.jpg

I likes me some HOT Lasagna :fyi:

Lagatia's are just as tasty, but half the calories.
:yumyum:

Why So Cereal?
09-22-2012, 12:55 AM
I lol'd at this question on this forum.

TheUnderFighter
09-22-2012, 01:48 AM

Right?! Haha. If you need something technical or SQ oriented, just get over to DIYMA, don't even bother here.

av83
09-22-2012, 01:53 AM
Right?! Haha. If you need something technical or SQ oriented, just get over to DIYMA, don't even bother here.

Never been there. I have an account at caco, but that's just to browse the classifieds every great once in a while. Am I missing out by only kicking it here?

West
09-22-2012, 01:53 AM
Sigh...

av83
09-22-2012, 01:55 AM
Sigh...

Lol. Show me the way professor!

TheUnderFighter
09-22-2012, 02:01 AM
Never been there. I have an account at caco, but that's just to browse the classifieds every great once in a while. Am I missing out by only kicking it here?

It's just a different environment. Users tend to be a bit older and more mature. You get some really technical install logs, and advanced discussions. It's just an SQ oriented forum there, and that is a whole 'nother realm. It gives you different ideas and helps you look at things differently as it's not all SPL based there.

av83
09-22-2012, 02:04 AM
It's just a different environment. Users tend to be a bit older and more mature. You get some really technical install logs, and advanced discussions. It's just an SQ oriented forum there, and that is a whole 'nother realm. It gives you different ideas and helps you look at things differently as it's not all SPL based there.

Sounds nice. I'll create an account tomorrow. Thanks.

mlstrass
09-22-2012, 06:09 AM

I laughed at it period. He should be more concerned with which of those 2 sound best to HIS ears....

Then I laugh again at OP dropping $1100 on speakers he's never heard :crazy:

West
09-22-2012, 06:16 AM
I laughed at it period. He should be more concerned with which of those 2 sound best to HIS ears....

Well I looked at the response curves and they look amazing. You don't always have to hear a speaker to get an idea of how it preforms...

Also, when I see **** near everyone recommending them to me, why not?

mlstrass
09-22-2012, 06:26 AM
I heard a set last year in a Charger I worked on. Wasn't all that impressed honestly, but that doesn't mean you won't like them. I just don't see spending that much without hearing them in person and in a proper install.

West
09-22-2012, 06:38 AM
I heard a set last year in a Charger I worked on. Wasn't all that impressed honestly, but that doesn't mean you won't like them. I just don't see spending that much without hearing them in person and in a proper install.

I know what you mean, I'm not out near Chicago. It's Knoxville, the center of nothing. No decient car shops or places to demo speakers (other than alpine, pioneer, bose, or america's favorite kicker), HU's, etc.

So much of all of it is relative. The install, the deck, the amps, the DSP/EQ...

They should be good speakers, certainly better than the focals I am running currently. If I had an easy way to demo them and other options I definately would, its just not avaliable to me.

mlstrass
09-22-2012, 06:43 AM
I know what you mean, I'm not out near Chicago. It's Knoxville, the center of nothing. No decient car shops or places to demo speakers (other than alpine, pioneer, bose, or america's favorite kicker), HU's, etc.

So much of all of it is relative. The install, the deck, the amps, the DSP/EQ...

They should be good speakers, certainly better than the focals I am running currently. If I had an easy way to demo them and other options I definately would, its just not avaliable to me.

I'm lucky in that respect then cuz I've heard most everything out there sq and spl wise. Midbass was impressive and tweeters sounded good, just not worth the $1200 the guy paid for them IMO.

Hope they work out for you :)

West
09-22-2012, 06:48 AM
I'm lucky in that respect then cuz I've heard most everything out there sq and spl wise. Midbass was impressive and tweeters sounded good, just not worth the $1200 the guy paid for them IMO.

Hope they work out for you :)

I appreicate it man... at least they look really nice... so I got that going for me lolz.

mlstrass
09-22-2012, 08:06 AM
I appreicate it man... at least they look really nice... so I got that going for me lolz.

Better to look good then to sound good :laugh:

Why So Cereal?
09-22-2012, 10:01 AM
exactly. Not to mention that guys over here probably don't have the cash for something like that or just don't care about sounding good, just boom boom.

I was pretty shocked that he dropped the cash like that but West ; probably gotz dat papah dawg!

I know I would have had to see a counselor, pray, listen to them 50 times and other sets beside them before I even THOUGHT about dropping that kinda cash lulz

West
09-22-2012, 12:47 PM
exactly. Not to mention that guys over here probably don't have the cash for something like that or just don't care about sounding good, just boom boom.

I was pretty shocked that he dropped the cash like that but West ; probably gotz dat papah dawg!

I know I would have had to see a counselor, pray, listen to them 50 times and other sets beside them before I even THOUGHT about dropping that kinda cash lulz

Equal amounts of paper and plastic actually lolz...

Alrojoca
09-23-2012, 03:46 PM
Not to steer this thread out of topic. But since the Diyma forum was brought to topic another extreme level of SQ and $$ comes to mind. Has anyone listened to True Technology amps, and phass drivers? ceramic phass tweeters in particular