PDA

View Full Version : huge port

78nova
04-04-2004, 06:36 PM
i am going to buy the subs in my sig. and make a box for them also how it shows in my sig. but i was thinking if i ever happen to run into a competition or something i could make a huge *** box with like 9 cubic ft. and a HUGE slot port, but i dont kno how big i should make it, i want it to be huge and be able to hit high db's how big should it be if i am thinking of competing

78nova
04-04-2004, 08:15 PM
i want it to be around 15" high and 10" wide, how do i tune it to how deep i want it, it will be a slot port

thanks

EarDrummin.
04-04-2004, 09:10 PM
i want it to be around 15" high and 10" wide, how do i tune it to how deep i want it, it will be a slot port

thanks

10" wide huh.. that's gonna be one long *** port.

78nova
04-06-2004, 07:00 PM
what will equal louder sound then, i want to make a competition box that will sound LOUD

kingpin_jeffie
04-06-2004, 07:47 PM
Well it all depends on your install and your specific vehicle. General rule of thumb is if you want something that will put out mad spl then look into tuning your box higher. preferably near the resonant freq of your vehicle.

Also a helpful resource for determining port dimensions and tuning is winisd, however do not put too much faith into the freq response graphs the program gives you, as they will become radicaly different once in car. Just use it as a reference for tuning.