PDA

View Full Version : First Box Build!

Bassheadnoob
09-18-2012, 12:26 PM
Ok, so I have an SA E15D2. I am wanting to build a custom box. i THINK I want it at 32Hz. but i really don't know. Also, what on EARTH is a port tube/port flare??? I have seen these boxes with like PVC tubes coming from the port. Would I want to do that, why or why not? And most importantly, tips for building a box!

Thanks!

Falcons
09-18-2012, 12:29 PM
ported your looking at 4 cubic feet tuned to 35 hertz.

Bassheadnoob
09-18-2012, 12:31 PM
ok, 4Cu. @ 35Hz. Thanks!

Does anyone know about the port tubes?? whut are they for?? would i want one?

garretttt4
09-18-2012, 09:07 PM
ok, 4Cu. @ 35Hz. Thanks!

Does anyone know about the port tubes?? whut are they for?? would i want one?

If this is your first build just do a slot port.won't notice a diff rele. Way easier.

Bassheadnoob
09-18-2012, 11:56 PM
ok, so a few questions. one, can i use screws to hold the box together? Two, what does my port width and length need to be?? I need to be able to get it IN my truck, so thats why i ask about screws, and i will assemble INSIDE my truck. and I need to get it OUT to put into my next vehicle. THANKS!!

ssteele18
09-18-2012, 11:58 PM
What kind of vehicle do you have?

Bassheadnoob
09-19-2012, 12:03 AM
well, NOW i have a ford ranger ext cab (back doors DONT open) I will be getting a Toyota Matrix.

Bassheadnoob
09-19-2012, 01:13 AM
i am gunna build this box SOON, like tomorrow or this week!!! I NEED help for this build! I used the RE box calculater, and have the diagram, and the MDF, I just need to know, can i screw my box together, or not? If not, HOW will I get it in my truck (Ford Ranger)?!?!?!?

ssteele18
09-19-2012, 01:21 AM
i am gunna build this box SOON, like tomorrow or this week!!! I NEED help for this build! I used the RE box calculater, and have the diagram, and the MDF, I just need to know, can i screw my box together, or not? If not, HOW will I get it in my truck (Ford Ranger)?!?!?!?

Well... Of course you can do whatever you want.. Is that recommended? No. Deff not. It's normally the glue, not the fasteners that holds boxes together.. But you are experiencing the dilemma that 90% of us in car audio deal with.. Wanting to use more space than we have.. So you either find a way to fit a 4cube box in with the seats in the way, or you do what you gotta do until you get your new car. But obviously, the best way would be to get it around your seats.. Is it possible to take one out until you get the box in?

Bassheadnoob
09-19-2012, 01:24 AM
yea, I can TOTALLY take a seat out!! I think I'll do that! ok, with that said, whut is my next step?? i am getting the MDF tmrw, and will begin making cuts. also, i am tuning to 35Hz, is that ok??

ssteele18
09-19-2012, 01:29 AM
yea, I can TOTALLY take a seat out!! I think I'll do that! ok, with that said, whut is my next step?? i am getting the MDF tmrw, and will begin making cuts. also, i am tuning to 35Hz, is that ok??

35hz is good. If you have a design drawn out, great. If not, draw it out in sketchup or something so you know what your cuts need to be. If you wanna shoot me an email with your design, I'll take a look at it in the morning maybe. Deff take the seat out if you can cuz its not gonna be in your best interest to bubble gum and tinfoil your way to a system. lol

DonH
09-19-2012, 01:46 AM
If this is your first build just do a slot port.won't notice a diff rele. Way easier.

really? your wrong. aeroport is much easier, smaller box, less chance of port noise, BUT cost's more $$

Bassheadnoob
09-19-2012, 01:48 AM
really? your wrong. aeroport is much easier, smaller box, less chance of port noise, BUT cost's more $$

^^^Ok but, can i ADD a aeroport to my box? and WHUT WILL IT DO?!?!?!

DonH
09-19-2012, 01:59 AM
do you have a design yet?

honestly, you need to readu up on enclosures. use the search function to fully understand the enclosure you are wanting to build. a "3rd order" or "bass-reflex"

Bassheadnoob
09-19-2012, 01:59 AM
yes!! I do as a matter of fact! I used the RE designer.

garretttt4
09-19-2012, 04:17 PM

yeah it is!

southernboom88
09-19-2012, 05:27 PM
RE designer isnt as accurate as the Torres box calc. TorresBTC.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/?haticgzfg9669f1) (cant belive no one mentioned Torres yet!)
as far as flared ports go, i found it easier after doing about 6 slot port boxes to use the port tubes, yes you have to cut another hole and make sure the port fits but to me it was easier to calcualte the tuning and install it, plus less wood you have to cut. parts express has some nice ports by Precision that i've used on several boxes. do some reading on enclosure design before making anything.. GL