PDA

View Full Version : Wall Question

justbumpin12
09-17-2012, 09:55 AM
I am currently getting ready to wall a 2 dr. blazer with 2 of the older RE SX 18's. I"m torn between doing a 4th order or just a plain ported wall. I have drawn up a quick fourth order and wanted some opinions on design, like if there will be any loading issues, port placement, etc. Here you go, any suggestion I'm open for.

mlstrass
09-19-2012, 02:11 AM
probably not ideal with subs firing right into port opening. Do subs on one side, firing at opposing side of box and put the port on that side

Or do a flat wall as you'll probably be louder...

Villeza1
09-19-2012, 02:21 AM
ratio looks small, pass band would be wide as **** but you will lack output. Flat wall would be better if airspace is limited.

You should try sealed section on the left side of the shell, invert the subs to gain more of a ratio, and put loading wall port on the driver side. Port should be around 1/2 of cone area. Port area should not exceed a 5:1 ratio of H x W. Look at Scott's build from team nemesis, perfect example.

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

probably not ideal with subs firing right into port opening. Do subs on one side, firing at opposing side of box and put the port on that side

Or do a flat wall as you'll probably be louder...

Totally didnt see this lol. This is exactly what I was talking about.

justbumpin12
09-19-2012, 10:33 AM
I appreciate the answers. The drawings isn't perfect the ratio is actually a 1:1.5. I'm going for a good mix of daily/spl concentrating more on the daily, lol It looks like when its all said and done my port will not be as close to the subs as it looks in that drawing. Roughly twice the space there is now, do you think this would still be a problem? My original intent was a side firing port with the subs on the side or at least a lot farther back. If I can fit this in after I strip the interior I will definitely be going this way. I really thank you for the insight.