PDA

View Full Version : Assembling/diassembling aeroports with flares question

95Prober
09-15-2012, 09:58 PM
Hey guys
I installed a couple of 6" aeroports with flares on both ends. I may be building another and want to reuse them down the road I used the PVC cement/epoxy and Im sure it would be impossible to remove the flares from the actual tubing. So I assume Ill have to cut the center tube in half. Must I make the cut closest to one of the flared ends? If so, what should I use to reattach everything assuming the flares cant be taken apart?

Thanks

95Prober
09-19-2012, 09:57 PM
Would attaching 6" aeroport pieces together with duct tape or something else be an option?

mazdakid
09-19-2012, 10:00 PM
Packing tape or duct tape works for me. I also trimmed the one side on mine so i could slide it through the hole with it assembled.

mylows10
09-19-2012, 10:02 PM
never glue them use tape or screws to hold them together

95Prober
09-19-2012, 10:24 PM
Yeah I know. I glued my flares on the ports per the instructions, but not I think I shouldnt have. I cant take them apart I believe now, correct?

kushy_dreams
09-19-2012, 11:06 PM
I like to use electrical tape to hold mine together

95Prober
09-20-2012, 01:21 AM
I think duct tape would stick much better wouldnt it?

goingdef
09-20-2012, 02:20 AM
I think duct tape would stick much better wouldnt it?

well if there pvc ports then that bond is solid and there is nowhere to take it apart at seeing as pvc cement turns the plastic to liquid form and allows the two pieces to bond, good news is if you cut it apart and put a couple reference marks to line the pieces back up the same glue that screwed you can save you use the pvc primer and a small amount of glue line up the marks then pull tape over the top and along the length of it to secure it while the cement sets up.