PDA

View Full Version : Aq pro audio?

rebelfromva
09-15-2012, 03:52 PM
Anyone have any expirience with AQs pro audio mids and tweets? Was also looking at DD and crescendo pro audio. Couldn't get the crescendo to open up though. Currently have a blown mid so looking to replace. May be looking for 22 pairs of each of I can figure out how I would mount them

TheUnderFighter
09-15-2012, 04:04 PM
What exactly was your problem with Crescendo? That's the only one I have experience with and I absolutely love my mids from them :) I actually have the older series, not the newer ones unfortunately. But I am very pleased by them and thoroughly enjoy them. A little over 100w per side, crossed at a traditional 80hz/3.5kHz.

rebelfromva
09-15-2012, 04:08 PM
What exactly was your problem with Crescendo? That's the only one I have experience with and I absolutely love my mids from them :) I actually have the older series, not the newer ones unfortunately. But I am very pleased by them and thoroughly enjoy them. A little over 100w per side, crossed at a traditional 80hz/3.5kHz.

I just couldn't get their specs to open on the site. I've heard the crescendos and I was impressed but would like opinions On best option before I order

cdc351jeferson
09-15-2012, 04:09 PM
hurry and find out cause im curious to lol was contemplating those AQ's as well and your right i looking into crescendo and no specs for thier mids

TheUnderFighter
09-15-2012, 04:21 PM
I'd just post here and ask for T/S specs, they were supposed to have them up forever ago: (Crescendo) - Car Audio Classifieds (http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/crescendo/)

rebelfromva
09-15-2012, 05:49 PM
Any opinions on the aq st1 super tweet? On sale fire 30 a pair. Aq makes gOod stuff but I've never heard their speakers/tweets

TheUnderFighter
09-16-2012, 01:55 AM
Any opinions on the aq st1 super tweet? On sale fire 30 a pair. Aq makes gOod stuff but I've never heard their speakers/tweets

Nope, never heard any super tweets. But I know neogen; has a pair of them.

mlstrass
09-16-2012, 06:17 AM
I love the AQ supertweets. Have installed several pairs of them. Mids are solid also, my oldest has 2pr in each door along with a single tweet per side. They get quite loud and sound very clear.

Not impressed by the Nendo MP's at all. They just don't get loud and have breakup in the higher freqs.

Nendos have more midbass then AQ or Selenium mids, but they don't get as loud or sound as clear. AQ supertweeter has a very full bodied sound vs a normal PA/supertweeter.

I've messed with most of the stuff out there and they're hard to beat for the $$$...

mlstrass
09-16-2012, 06:25 AM
Anyone have any expirience with AQs pro audio mids and tweets? Was also looking at DD and crescendo pro audio. Couldn't get the crescendo to open up though. Currently have a blown mid so looking to replace. May be looking for 22 pairs of each of I can figure out how I would mount them

Hope you have a LOT of bass for that many mids/tweets :crazy:

rebelfromva
09-16-2012, 07:53 AM
Hope you have a LOT of bass for that many mids/tweets :crazy:

Haha it's suppose to be 2 pair each side

CAT MAN
09-16-2012, 08:04 AM
meh i might pick up a pair of these to test i had the comps they werent impressive. but 40 shipped aint bad....

CAT MAN
09-16-2012, 08:08 AM
im actuall thinking 2 of these per dooe in my car Nuance TW5-073LR 1/2" Mylar Tweeter 279-060 (http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=279-060)

CAT MAN
09-16-2012, 08:12 AM
or these Pioneer AHE60-51F 3-1/2" Horn Tweeter 270-050 (http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=270-050)

im cheap on front stage cause i never had to pay attention to it for burps

rebelfromva
09-16-2012, 10:22 AM
or these Pioneer AHE60-51F 3-1/2" Horn Tweeter 270-050 (http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=270-050)

im cheap on front stage cause i never had to pay attention to it for burps

You run these now noob

CAT MAN
09-16-2012, 10:29 AM
You run these now noob

no i dont

rebelfromva
09-16-2012, 10:45 AM
no i dont

pyle pro?

cal
09-16-2012, 10:49 AM
on the aq mids i spoke to kevin and he said they are a loud driver but they lack midbass . i had the aq tweeters i tested them and was not impressed i would say to best sum it up you get what u pay for 29.00 for a pair is the price they have been since introduced iirc . also i will add that ive ran dd audio german tweeters and i love them so the test is based on my personal taste .

rebel are u up for an experiment?

rebelfromva
09-16-2012, 10:58 AM
on the aq mids i spoke to kevin and he said they are a loud driver but they lack midbass . i had the aq tweeters i tested them and was not impressed i would say to best sum it up you get what u pay for 29.00 for a pair is the price they have been since introduced iirc . also i will add that ive ran dd audio german tweeters and i love them so the test is based on my personal taste .

Pm me your # and I'll text you the plans

CAT MAN
09-16-2012, 11:27 AM
i run the pyle pro mids. these Pyle PPA6 6-1/2" PA Speaker 292-210 (http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=292-210) i dont have tweetas yet

rebelfromva
09-16-2012, 08:54 PM
up for opinions

cal
09-16-2012, 09:12 PM
up for opinions

buy my neo pro, i have not heard back from the guy on caco

mlstrass
09-18-2012, 03:33 AM
Haha it's suppose to be 2 pair each side

That's a BiG difference. I actually have about 70 mids/tweets in my ride....

mlstrass
09-18-2012, 03:43 AM

They're a PA midrange, so I'd expect them to lack midbass like all PA midranges. Other then the Nendos which are more of a pseudo PA mid as they have solid midbass but lack overall output.

I've owned/heard most popular tweeters out there and the AQ's sound very nice for the price and amount of output you can get out of them. Power level/EQ can make a big diff. They are more in your face compared to a normal soft dome tweet, but that can be tamed and they have a very full bodied sound on cymbals which I like since I listen to a lot of 80's metal.

rebelfromva
09-18-2012, 04:10 AM
They're a PA midrange, so I'd expect them to lack midbass like all PA midranges. Other then the Nendos which are more of a pseudo PA mid as they have solid midbass but lack overall output.

I've owned/heard most popular tweeters out there and the AQ's sound very nice for the price and amount of output you can get out of them. Power level/EQ can make a big diff. They are more in your face compared to a normal soft dome tweet, but that can be tamed and they have a very full bodied sound on cymbals which I like since I listen to a lot of 80's metal.

How would you compare them to the crescendo f1s

mlstrass
09-18-2012, 04:22 AM
QUOTE=rebelfromva;8158589]How would you compare them to the crescendo f1s[/QUOTE]

Only heard one set up with the Nendos and he only plays C&S stuff, so hard to tell what they sound like on real music.

I have 4 AQ's per A pillar and got to hear them for 6hrs driving to/from Regionals yesterday. Played rock, metal, blues, hip hop, pretty much everything. I dial them back on power for daily and they sound very good. Turned them up at the show and they scream, but in a good way.