PDA

View Full Version : 2 sa 8" v2 talked to jacob " well the lady asked him a few ?'s for me "

Jason Eden
09-13-2012, 09:47 PM
hi a few ? I want to run 2 8" off my orion 250 hcca about 1000 watts rms 1 ohm was thinking facing rear window of my 88 mazda
top 12"
cab plus /--\ facing the front of truck
bottom 20"

13" wide and 18" tall I believe thats about 1.4 with the divider board but with the sub displacement it will go lower like 1.2 i think.

1. can I run the front one inverted " magnate outside the box " whats the difference " i thought it might look cool "
2. should there be a divider between subs or run them together
3. how and where do i put a port " if i run together or in seperate boxes ?

thanks Jason

mylows10
09-13-2012, 09:51 PM
you can run inverted but do both ,divider doesn't matter ,usually deeper with out .port can be wherever you want ,drivers side is usually louder

Jason Eden
09-13-2012, 10:15 PM
you can run inverted but do both ,divider doesn't matter ,usually deeper with out .port can be wherever you want ,drivers side is usually louder
I cant do both I think back one will not fit. I thought I could just make the rear box a bit bigger to make up for sub displacement. If they are divided it doesnt matter if one is inverted and one is not, right. also I see people saying like 22" long ports and crazy high numbers like that. what size and length port would work with the boxes I want to build? thanks

UnderFire
09-13-2012, 10:17 PM
I cant do both I think back one will not fit. I thought I could just make the rear box a bit bigger to make up for sub displacement. If they are divided it doesnt matter if one is inverted and one is not, right. also I see people saying like 22" long ports and crazy high numbers like that. what size and length port would work with the boxes I want to build? thanks

You're either gonna need to do a lot of reading or find someone to design the box for you. These small boxes are incredibly hard to get right, both in tuning and in volume after displacements.