PDA

View Full Version : Cheap 6.5" mid-bass?

AndrewGS
09-13-2012, 03:19 AM
I recently bought a '99 Chevy Suburban with the 8-speaker system but for some reason it's missing one of the front mid-bass speakers. The tweeters seem to be fine and I don't have a lot of cash to spend at the moment, so I'm wanting to just replace the two front mid-bass on the cheap.

Any suggestions?

quackhead
09-13-2012, 04:08 PM
Dayton DC160-4 6-1/2" Classic Woofer Speaker 295-309 (http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=295-309)

Madisound Speaker Store (http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/silver-flute-woofers-6-7/silver-flute-w17rc38-04-ohm-6-1/2-wool-cone/)

AndrewGS
09-13-2012, 07:32 PM
Thanks. The Dayton looks to be just what I'm after.

Why So Cereal?
09-14-2012, 12:59 PM
Double check your depth...

AndrewGS
09-14-2012, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the recommendation on checking the depth. I took a quick look and could see at least 4in. of room, but I measured with the window down and there's only 2.5in. of room not counting the thickness of the speaker mounting bracket.

So, the search continues.

cyn
09-14-2012, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the recommendation on checking the depth. I took a quick look and could see at least 4in. of room, but I measured with the window down and there's only 2.5in. of room not counting the thickness of the speaker mounting bracket.

So, the search continues.

I have 2 el cheapo pioneers if you wanted to pay shipping I would ship them to you

fannin88
09-14-2012, 06:58 PM
Rare breed ^

AndrewGS
09-14-2012, 07:11 PM
I have 2 el cheapo pioneers if you wanted to pay shipping I would ship them to you

What's the model number on those? I appreciate the offer and I'll probably take you up on it, I'd just like to know more about them.

I found a Pyramid that's 2.5" deep and gets down to a reasonable 60Hz. The reviews are positive and they're under $13 each shipped.

cyn
09-14-2012, 07:14 PM
What's the model number on those? I appreciate the offer and I'll probably take you up on it, I'd just like to know more about them.

I found a Pyramid that's 2.5" deep and gets down to a reasonable 60Hz. The reviews are positive and they're under $13 each shipped.

Give me a minute an i'll take some pictures of them.. they are coax 6.5"s shipping to spring shouldn't be fore than 8-10$ bubble wrapped in a if it fits it ships usps box
I had them in my old impala they were decent for what they are.

cyn
09-14-2012, 07:30 PM
model number: TS-G622L 30-40w .. 4ohm
I have 4 of them actually... the other 2 have some surround issues, some of the surround is pressed in.. I'd actually send all 4 of them for actually shipping cost

http://db.tt/u5sevGSG
http://db.tt/GF3Fi0Cd

AndrewGS
09-14-2012, 07:41 PM
I bought the Pyramids for the front but I actually need some coaxials for the rear doors as one of those is missing as well, so if you could send me the two better ones I'd gladly pay the shipping. Just let me know the cost as well as your PayPal address and I'll get you paid up.

I really appreciate it man. I got this truck for my dad and we don't have a lot of cash to put into it, but I want the stereo to sound decent for his long drives to and from work.

quackhead
09-14-2012, 07:49 PM
Double check your depth...

u mean not everyone uses spacers??....lol

cyn
09-14-2012, 07:49 PM
I bought the Pyramids for the front but I actually need some coaxials for the rear doors as one of those is missing as well, so if you could send me the two better ones I'd gladly pay the shipping. Just let me know the cost as well as your PayPal address and I'll get you paid up.

I really appreciate it man. I got this truck for my dad and we don't have a lot of cash to put into it, but I want the stereo to sound decent for his long drives to and from work.

Not an issue man, I will get you the shipping cost either tomorrow or monday morning before I leave out... just send me a pm with your actual address okay?

AndrewGS
09-14-2012, 07:56 PM
u mean not everyone uses spacers??....lol

I guess I could've used some spacers, but I'm not sure how they'd fit behind the door panels. I appreciate your recommendations though!

Not an issue man, I will get you the shipping cost either tomorrow or monday morning before I leave out... just send me a pm with your actual address okay?

PM sent!