PDA

View Full Version : Would you be pissed?

West
09-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Ok I am not gonna start spreading garbage about people, and I am honestly not upset, but I think most other people would be.

If you bought a broken item from somebody and they claimed that it could be repaired (but they didn't have the money) when it was totally phuckked to begin and the seller knew it was phuckked... would you be upset?

lolz

quackhead
09-10-2012, 03:04 PM
I'd be disappointed, but quickly chastise myself for buying something I knew did not work to begin with...there are a lot of "if's" involved with broke chit

Sleeklsc
09-10-2012, 03:06 PM
A little. But you went into it knowing it was damaged. The seller was assuming it could be fixed but in reality had no f'ing idea what was wrong with it. Nothing to ***** about imho.

West
09-10-2012, 03:06 PM
I'd be disappointed, but quickly chastise myself for buying something I knew did not work to begin with...there are a lot of "if's" involved with broke chit

I can use some of the parts on it, its just mostly principal. Seller said he sent it to the same repair place I just sent it to.

Seller: They quoted me $60 to repair it.
Service center: That thing is totally phuckked, sending it back to you today.

VisceralSound
09-10-2012, 03:08 PM
**Edit** Did he say he got it quoted again after the ground fried?

$50.00 is $50.00 but I know in the beginning of the thread it was stated he was able to be fixed by "said company"; then closer to the end OP said the ground fried (not yet saying "said company" could fix it STILL)

buying broken stuff has risks I guess.

Sleeklsc
09-10-2012, 03:11 PM

$50.00 is $50.00 but I know in the beginning of the thread it was stated he was able to be fixed by "said company"; then closer to the end OP said the ground fried (not yet saying "said company" could fix it STILL)

Yup, and the $100 off the original asking price reflected it.

West
09-10-2012, 03:12 PM

OP on thread: The original cost was ~$60 (my cost) + part fees/outsource fees. From the bro on the phone's mouth.

What they probably really said: Boards fried cannot be fixed.

Just want people to be honest.

I'll let it go then.

West
09-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Yup, and the $100 off the original asking price reflected it.

This is true. I'm not upset I can still use parts of it.
Just want people to be honest is all.

quackhead
09-10-2012, 03:20 PM
yeah..I see your point...seems there was quite a bit of communication and reaffirmation that could certainly lead to a confrontation, if I really thought I was straight up lied to and scammed. There is a big difference between buying a known parts amp and promising repair piece...

West
09-10-2012, 03:23 PM
yeah..I see your point...seems there was quite a bit of communication and reaffirmation that could certainly lead to a confrontation, if I really thought I was straight up lied to and scammed. There is a big difference between buying a parts amp and promising repair piece...

Thank you quack, my point entirely. Gotta be careful there are broken mono blocks on here for >300$...

I don't want to start **** about it, I'm ok with the sale for what it is. But it still cost me $40 in shipping to send the thing to a repair place when I didn't need to waste more money on it lol. Could have kept the parts I needed and sent the rest to the trash.

TheUnderFighter
09-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Yea I'd be bummed man... I almost picked it up myself, but you beat me to it. And I certainly found it peculiar, that he said it could be fixed, then you sent it there, and it couldn't be fixed.

West
09-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Yea I'd be bummed man... I almost picked it up myself, but you beat me to it. And I certainly found it peculiar, that he said it could be fixed, then you sent it there, and it couldn't be fixed.

I took a bullet for ya bro lolz

akheathen
09-24-2012, 10:49 AM
whatever it is, sounds like i may be interested in picking it up off of you, and probably work my magic...again. seem to be getting **** for luck even getting sellers to sell. everyone seems to sell to someone else, who badgers and throws out a paypal address, or sell local, when i'm waiting on a response about total. that, or they just forget about the thread and don't even respond to the thread or pm's. seems sellers are loosing any sense of honesty/integrity as of recent.

CHEMMINS
09-24-2012, 10:54 AM
Best way to buy now is with paypal....not "gifted" or "other"....and backed by a credit card. If paypal won't fix the problem, your card will. Then paypal will go after the bad seller.

akheathen
09-24-2012, 11:17 AM
yep, i never like to gift, and my pp is direct linked verified, backed by my card, so the money is always instant transfer. iirc, 20k or more spent @ 100% positive. luckily, i haven't needed to set the dogs free on anyone yet, lol.