PDA

View Full Version : Infinity kappa 62.9

Aslmx
09-09-2012, 04:17 PM
Seeing them on eBay for around $75. Are they good sounding speakers and handle the power. Going to put some in my 04 pathfinder and run them on an Alpine amp

Skitz
09-09-2012, 06:41 PM
I have two of them. They sound alright, they're pretty **** loud. Thats for sure. They could sound clearer.

Aslmx
09-09-2012, 06:53 PM
I'm looking for more cleaner then loud. What would have been your next choice in that price range.

Skitz
09-09-2012, 06:59 PM
I'm looking for more cleaner then loud. What would have been your next choice in that price range.

Infinity Reference

zako
09-14-2012, 06:10 AM
If you can find them cheap, I would recommend the previous generation Alpine Type-R speakers (SPR-17C, SPR-17S). These were smooth and loud in my car, with strong melodic bass and a muscular mid-range. The only issue was that they didn't like a low crossover frequency or bass boost when driven very hard.

Here is one review:

Alpine SPR-17C Type R Two-Way Coaxial speakers - Speakers - Talk Audio Online Car Audio Magazine & Forum - Talk Audio Online Car Audio Magazine & Forum - Magazine (http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/index.php/index.html/_/reviews/speakers/alpine-spr-17c-type-r-two-way-coaxial-speakers-r789)

Why not the new generation (SPR-60)? It seems like a lot of people had trouble with them.