PDA

View Full Version : New here from Richmond, VA

Artie_McFly
09-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Hello everyone I'm from Richmond, VA as the title states.. I've dabbled a bit in car audio ever since I could drive and always made sure I had a louder system than my friends or anyone else I encountered lol.

I'm interested in competing but I don't want to get blown out the water lol, I personally think my new system is ridiculously loud but I've never been to a comp before.

goingdef
09-07-2012, 02:53 PM
I just went to my first one a couple weeks back, had my *** handed to me, but it was a learning experience and pretty fun so jump in and you'll figure it all out soon enough.

Artie_McFly
09-07-2012, 03:08 PM
I just went to my first one a couple weeks back, had my *** handed to me, but it was a learning experience and pretty fun so jump in and you'll figure it all out soon enough.
Yeah I don't plan to bring home a championship but any idea what class I'd be in?
2003 Explorer
- POS Jensen UV8 flip out touch screen
- Optima Red Top under hood
- Stock Alt. big 3 in Rockford 1/0
- Stinger SPP1500D in back
- 3 fuses (2 300A & 1 250A)
- 2 Rockford Fosgate T2 12's wired for 1 Ohm with 12 gauge
- Rockford T20001 Bd @ 1 Ohm
- All 1/0 wiring and Rockford RCA's
- HUGE Ported box unknown specs but was supposedly built for T2's
- All Alpine components

rebelfromva
09-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Truck 500-up class

goingdef
09-07-2012, 07:50 PM
Yeah I don't plan to bring home a championship but any idea what class I'd be in?
2003 Explorer
- POS Jensen UV8 flip out touch screen
- Optima Red Top under hood
- Stock Alt. big 3 in Rockford 1/0
- Stinger SPP1500D in back
- 3 fuses (2 300A & 1 250A)
- 2 Rockford Fosgate T2 12's wired for 1 Ohm with 12 gauge
- Rockford T20001 Bd @ 1 Ohm
- All 1/0 wiring and Rockford RCA's
- HUGE Ported box unknown specs but was supposedly built for T2's
- All Alpine components

man with two T2's and that 2000.1bd at 1ohm you should **** near be able to hold your own, the last comp I attended classes where by what your amp did at 4ohms (regardless what load your running at)and the number of woofers ran, I got screwed because my amp did 1000+ at 4ohms and that's where I was running it, so hence having my *** handed to me(144.1 on music, put on)but it was nice to know what it did then but I have changed a bunch of stuff so next go around I will be using an amp that rates low at 4ohms, or from what several people have told me I might do well in meca type comp but I have no clue how they work?

NoLoud4U
09-07-2012, 08:00 PM
MECA va state finals in Richmond on the 30th. You might get it handed to you

goingdef
09-07-2012, 08:03 PM
MECA va state finals in Richmond on the 30th. You might get it handed to you

but you got to admit even losing is still kinda fun to say you tried and gave it all you had, no shame in that my man!

NoLoud4U
09-07-2012, 08:10 PM
but you got to admit even losing is still kinda fun to say you tried and gave it all you had, no shame in that my man!

I don't mind losing to a good build. I hate losing to a throwing together lucky score

goingdef
09-07-2012, 11:05 PM
I don't mind losing to a good build. I hate losing to a throwing together lucky score

I can see how that would sting a bit.

CAT MAN
09-10-2012, 03:23 AM
Hello everyone I'm from Richmond, VA as the title states.. I've dabbled a bit in car audio ever since I could drive and always made sure I had a louder system than my friends or anyone else I encountered lol.

I'm interested in competing but I don't want to get blown out the water lol, I personally think my new system is ridiculously loud but I've never been to a comp before.
welcome come see all of us on the 30th

no offense but alot of it has to do with the builder (you) in your case. paul is lucky but you could do alot better(ie testing tuning etc....i just get lucky because i do what i know is a fact. :) )....i will shut him up regardless. :thumbsup: