PDA

View Full Version : weird box...do u think it would work?

aphinney
04-03-2004, 06:50 AM
ok..my friend and i were thinking and we are goin to make just a normal sealed box that will be holding two 12" rockford fosgate punch hx2. then build another box that will go around all of the sides and the back but not on the front.then fill the box around the real box with like sandblasting sand the fine stuff. and then point the box toward the back see of my car so ALL of the sound is going towards the driver. do u think it would be a sweet box? plz help thanx

brandonloserkid
04-03-2004, 07:48 AM
sorry im kind of lost... your gonna fill the side box, with sand? and is the sand gonna be visible.. (visible might be cool looking, maybe put some fans and have it blow around an ****)

whats the outside box gonna be made out of mdf, fiberglass, etc?

plyhammer
04-03-2004, 07:51 AM
that would be very very heavy?

brandonloserkid
04-03-2004, 07:54 AM
heavy indeed....

would that crap out sound a little?

Omarvelous
04-03-2004, 01:22 PM
maybe just used plexi, very thin, and leave a space like......less then half a inch, fill that

bigwheel15
04-03-2004, 02:07 PM
Never heard that idea before, very original. I like what Omarvelous suggested, not as heavy and still has the effect you are going for.

iamamp3pimp
04-03-2004, 09:39 PM
you guys came up with the extra ideas it seems, i think that he just wants to point the 12's twoard the cabin (bad idea) and fill the *surrounding box* with sand, as so to essentialy block the sound coming out of the other sides of the box and put *extra sound* toward the cabin.......sounds like it wont work to me....but as far as having **** visible, is rather do something with water, just to be pimped out

peace

Omarvelous
04-04-2004, 12:22 AM
Oooo ok, if that's the case, i doubt sand would have much of an effect, i'd say try to seal it as much as possible, infinite bass type thing, so most sound is in the box or in the cabin.

Like pimp said, it'll sound better firing rear, i've heard personally, will test it myself however.

RFnLArule
04-04-2004, 12:27 AM
Good choice of going with RF...they make the loudest subs around right now.

DBfan187
04-04-2004, 11:30 AM
Good choice of going with RF...they make the loudest subs around right now.
Ignore this *******! He doesn't know any better. His new nickname is dumbshitspic!

EarDrummin.
04-04-2004, 12:16 PM
lol, Mike and his flame button.

helotaxi
04-04-2004, 12:19 PM
you guys came up with the extra ideas it seems, i think that he just wants to point the 12's twoard the cabin (bad idea)
It depends on the car/enclosure/subs. Every setup is different. You can't rule out a direction for aiming the subs until you have tried it in that particular setup.

If you really want to deaden the thing, cement, bought an inch thick, make your whole enclosure out of it. It will be heavy as hell but it isn't going to flex :D.

DBfan187
04-04-2004, 12:22 PM
I'm serious, check this out: http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=55617

nweibley
04-04-2004, 12:49 PM
Or, if you don't want to cement it, buy alot of resin and dip each face of wood in resin, then spread resin on the inside of each face. The wood will soak it up nicely and it will be like MDF cement :)
I don't get the whole sand idea though.... diagram or picture maybe?

aphinney
04-06-2004, 01:00 PM
um...i will try to draw it...i really need a LOUD BOX.....i don't care how heavy it is...it just want it to be loud...i will face them to the rear if that is better i don't car...just so they are loud

aphinney
04-06-2004, 01:11 PM
here is the pic

aphinney
04-06-2004, 01:12 PM
[IMG]this is the pic

swimfreak26
04-11-2004, 08:45 PM
If all you are going for is a loud box, don't bother with the box around the box idea...in my opinion this won't accomplish anything more than a well sealed box.

To get loud, go ported. Someone around here will help you with a design I am sure, and it will make a huge difference over a sealed enclosure assuming both are built to the sub's likeings (sp?). Stick around for a little while and ask some questions, you will learn a lot

aphinney
04-12-2004, 12:14 AM
i know it is goin to be ported ....and i don't need to learn anything from u...

iamamp3pimp
04-12-2004, 12:38 PM
**** he was jus tryin to help u out but if your gonna be like that then most people wont try to help you out

but a box out of \cement makes me lauch, it would weigh hundreds of pounds, but he is right, it will never ever flex....it would be funny if it cracked tho

aphinney
04-13-2004, 12:10 AM
it just sounded like he was sayin that i don't know alot about car audio..sorry