PDA

View Full Version : Those who have infinity ref speakers

iivan
09-05-2012, 02:30 AM
i just orderd mine

On yours do you have the +2db on or off and how are you powering them?

i have a hifonics 75x4 so i dont know if the +2b being on will do more good than bad

mlstrass
09-05-2012, 03:04 AM
Just installed 4 in a Lightning last week for a friend. Using an Aura 4x60 amp which was MORE then enough power. -2db on the tweeters since they're VERY harsh.

iivan
09-05-2012, 03:27 AM
thanks dude ill take you on that word

zako
09-05-2012, 03:48 AM
Are you using components or coaxial version? These tweeters tend to be harsher the more on-axis they are (the more directly they point at your ear). Since most coaxial speakers are installed in factory locations such that the tweeters are waay off axis, this is not a big issue. I used to use Infinity Reference coaxial speakers in the door locations (lower forward corner), and they were alright. I had no problems with tweeters and they were on "+2dB". If you use components, then 0db setting may be more appropriate.

iivan
09-05-2012, 04:01 AM
Are you using components or coaxial version? These tweeters tend to be harsher the more on-axis they are (the more directly they point at your ear). Since most coaxial speakers are installed in factory locations such that the tweeters are waay off axis, this is not a big issue. I used to use Infinity Reference coaxial speakers in the door locations (lower forward corner), and they were alright. I had no problems with tweeters and they were on "+2dB". If you use components, then 0db setting may be more appropriate.

im using coaxial. How were you powering them up?

zako
09-05-2012, 10:43 PM
They used to have a dedicated amp.

Why So Cereal?
09-05-2012, 11:37 PM
Mine had about 75 watts per side off axis in kicks. Sounded pretty nice.