PDA

View Full Version : New from the Mad City in Wisconsin

Ejcj
09-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Greetings all, I am new to this forum and I have been out of doing anything with car audio for awhile. I'm from Madison WI. The car I will soon be having some work done on is a 2012 VW GLI. I usually am a stickler about replacing everything in the system but this time I think I want to keep my head unit. I love all of the musical features it has which include sd card, cd changer, ipod direct connect and Iphone stream, serius xm radio and auxillary for connecting any mp3 player. The stock system sounds decent for a stock system. Guitar sounds particularly good but the midbass and bass sound muddy, bloated ill defined etc. The sub that they installed with the system vibrates like crazy as they did not do much sound proofing etc. I am interested in opinions on the best way to interface with a factory radio to get good sound.

Thanks,
Ejcj:suave:

Joseph7195
09-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Welcome! With the car companies putting in more and more features into stock head units, less and less people choose the replacement route. It still doesn't mean you can't have what you want though! Though in many cases, the car companies integrate the ECM or other control system into the factory head unit and not give you an option when it comes to aftermarket head units.