PDA

View Full Version : what is wrong with this tweeter

zxcvb134
08-27-2012, 09:56 PM
hey i just bought this tweeter
MTX RTX4BT 4" bullet tweeter at Crutchfield.com (http://www.crutchfield.com/p_236RTX4BT/MTX-RTX4BT.html?tp=49590&kw=&org=pla&nw=g&crv=15086679265)

and no voice comes out of it just music. like if i play a rock song you can hear the instruments but you cant hear the guy singing... whats up with that is it supose to be like this . same with rap it only plays instrumentals

West
08-27-2012, 10:01 PM
0.O

It should play every frequency the deck/amp sends it. If you dont hear vocals... that's weird...

West
08-27-2012, 10:04 PM
That HAS to be something with the source... Or the guy singing has a reallly deep voice.

UnderFire
08-27-2012, 10:05 PM
I believe the problem is the 5KHz crossover that the link says it has, the crossover point may be higher than most vocals. You will need to remove the crossover and use a different means to stop frequencies below what the speaker can handle from getting to it.

zxcvb134
08-27-2012, 10:11 PM
ok well maybe it could be because also i have 2 sets of components 2 6x9s and that tweeter all on the same amp. i measured it it comes to a 1ohm load. and there is enough power.. i took off that crossover capacitor and it still does what its doing im pissed. i also have the amps crossover all the way up and the high pass filter on. but every noise comes out of the 6x9s and the components i guess this tweeter was a waste of 50... it does make the whole system sound better but it doesnt seem like it makes any of the highs louder like i wanted cause the bass over takes me highs so.. this ***** im pissed what a ****** tweeter

im an idiot i should of just got this

http://www.audioque.com/AQ-ST1-SuperTweeter-Sold-As-Pair-_p_104.html

but i cant go into detail i just needed to waste money fast so i bought that mtx thing damnit

i also assumed since it was $50 you get 2 of them i mean no one should ever support this thing it should be boycotted

UnderFire
08-27-2012, 10:13 PM
Wow, you need to do some research on how to set-up a front stage man. If you really need to get loud just wiring up a bunch of crap to one amp is not the way to do it.

zxcvb134
08-27-2012, 10:17 PM
can i ask you why its louder without that tweeter involved . my amp is supose to put out 300rmsx2 @ 1ohm so there is enough power. and yea.. i think i do need more than comps and 6x9s can someone tell me how to get it louder ... i guess you just use really good tweeters right. wait maybe that tweeeter is sucking up all the power because this one site says it can handle 300 watts rms . so that does not leave enough power for my other speakers ****. thats why... i should of got lower power tweeters it would of been way better..also my amp can hanldle putting a bunch of **** on it.. its a crossfire .. hfc 30

UnderFire
08-27-2012, 10:30 PM
can i ask you why its louder without that tweeter involved . my amp is supose to put out 300rmsx2 @ 1ohm so there is enough power. and yea.. i think i do need more than comps and 6x9s can someone tell me how to get it louder ... i guess you just use really good tweeters right. wait maybe that tweeeter is sucking up all the power because this one site says it can handle 300 watts rms . so that does not leave enough power for my other speakers ****. thats why... i should of got lower power tweeters it would of been way better..also my amp can hanldle putting a bunch of **** on it.. its a crossfire .. hfc 30

Hooking multiple speakers on the amp that are not the same causes a ton of problems, each speaker need different frequencies.

To get a really loud front stage, most people choose to move to a pretty simple active set-up using PA Midranges and Super-Tweeters. I do not know anything about your amp at all, so i can't really make any suggestions, but in my walled-off ranger I'll be running 2 8 Inch Sundown Neo-Pros and a Crescendo FT-1 in each door, using a pair of matching 2 channel amps, running 100W each to the Tweets and ~200 to each pair of midranges.