PDA

View Full Version : Component suggestions for my new stereo?

PhatalOne
04-02-2004, 06:48 AM
My old stereo setup was very nice. It had Boston Accoustic Rally RC-820's in the front and some BA 6x8 coaxials in the rear deck.

My new car has 5x7 speakers in all the doors with 1 inch tweeters in the front door pillars. 6.5's mount into it very easily with little modification. I'm wanting to get speakers that are around the same quality as my BA's but I'm trying to do it as cheap as possible since I just bought new amps and subs not too long ago. Another factor I must account for is that my current amps do 120watts per channel at 4 ohms and I need something that will tolerate that much power. I've looked around at Kicker, CDT, Focal, MB Quart, Infinity, and BA but don't really know which ones I should go with.

Which speakers do you guys think will meet my needs? Meeting power specs and quality are more important than price.

tobz
04-04-2004, 08:01 PM
Well, the newer CDT CL-61's can take 110w RMS and I really think they are a great speaker for the money, and that is from experience. You could move up to the CDT CL-62's, which are almost the same as the 61's, except 150w RMS power handling, 1" tweeter instead of 3/4" and a higher price tag.

The CDT's will handle the power just fine, and I believe they sound incredible.

Go for it!

T.J.