PDA

View Full Version : amp placement?

garretttt4
08-25-2012, 07:12 PM
Ok so iv got a2003 Chrysler Sebring lxi.gunna have two 12s in the trunk with extra batts in the spare tire well.where should I mount my amps? Back seats metal isn't thick enough to hold any weight. So where should I put them other than on the box itself?

pbnj22
08-25-2012, 07:19 PM
against the back of the back seats? so in the trunk up against the back side of the seats? If you fold your seats down ever you would have to make sure to leave enough wire to be able to do that.. or how about under the driver and passenger seat? Usually if you dont have power seats there is enough room...

garretttt4
08-25-2012, 07:33 PM
My back seats have extremely thin metal that just strips out with screws. And under the seat would just be so far away from my batts......i will if that's my lonly option was just gunna try something else first haha

gckless
08-25-2012, 07:40 PM
My back seats have extremely thin metal that just strips out with screws. And under the seat would just be so far away from my batts......i will if that's my lonly option was just gunna try something else first haha

Try bolts then if it keeps stripping out.

But Sebrings have huge trunks don't they? If you have floorspace just throw them on a piece of MDF somewhere in there.

garretttt4
08-25-2012, 07:47 PM
The sedans have lots of space I think but I just have a coupe so its gunna take my whole trunk for a5 cubic foot box for two mayhems. I'll have to try bolts tho. My last one I mounted it and after I folded the seats up it fell down haha

garretttt4
08-26-2012, 02:59 PM
Anyone else have any other ideas?

goingdef
08-26-2012, 03:03 PM
1/2" mdf floor under the carpet then screwed through it's been holding mine in place for years and through a couple fender benders just cut it to conform to the cars shape and box placement, and I'm sure I have less trunk then you I have a 2002 corolla and I have it done in there.

garretttt4
08-26-2012, 04:11 PM
1/2" mdf floor under the carpet then screwed through it's been holding mine in place for years and through a couple fender benders just cut it to conform to the cars shape and box placement, and I'm sure I have less trunk then you I have a 2002 corolla and I have it done in there.

Ok cool thx I think I'm gunna try that first then! Thx!