PDA

View Full Version : Question about component crossovers.

stay_high
08-24-2012, 06:14 PM
Im buying this A2.65C PRECISION POWER 6.5" PPI 2-WAY COMPONENT SPEAKERS TWEETERS CROSSOVERS NEW | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/A2-65C-PRECISION-POWER-6-5-PPI-2-WAY-COMPONENT-SPEAKERS-TWEETERS-CROSSOVERS-NEW-/110806313995?pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item19cc922c0b&vxp=mtr#ht_4862wt_1037)

Putting them on an amp that is currently on some crappy 6x8's. I heard the crossovers need to be close to the speakers is this true? Because i want to install my crossovers right next to my amp. SO it would go amp< about 8 inches of speaker wire<then about 15 feet of speaker wire going to all the components. Would this ok or do they need to be close to the speaker? This would just save me a lot of time and i woudnt have to mess with running speaker wire through the door or mountin the crossovers in the panels. thanks for any help.

stay_high
08-24-2012, 06:16 PM
Another question while im hear. Lets say i dont wana mount the tweeter some where. Is there a significant loss in sq/spl if i screw it onto the mid range speaker instead?

quackhead
08-24-2012, 07:11 PM
Another question while im hear. Lets say i dont wana mount the tweeter some where. Is there a significant loss in sq/spl if i screw it onto the mid range speaker instead?

the best way to answer that would be to go ahead and mount the mid, then with the tweeter wired, hold it at various spots like high on the doors, dash, window pillar, etc. to get an idea of the sound differences, then mount them where you think they sound the best.

UnderFire
08-24-2012, 08:06 PM
The crossovers don't have to be close to the speakers, I run a 3 way passive set-up with them mounted on the back wall of a single cab, one right next to the amp. about 6 feet from the speakers after the wire is ran.