PDA

View Full Version : Debating between Pioneer and JVC double din

cappiel
08-24-2012, 08:31 AM
Recently my Kenwood BT838 lcd screen went bad so it's time to upgrade. Since I have a double din slot in the xterra I figured I would go double.

Basically I'm down to the Pioneer 2400BT and the JVC AC60BT. I've never had a JVC before but since my last kenwood only lasted 2 years or so, I'm hesitant. I really do like the USB port in the rear though.

Any thoughts from anyone on any other differences between those two models?

Thanks

xSPLoder
08-24-2012, 08:52 AM
I only buy Pioneer but have dealt with JVC's before. Feature wise, my Pioneer AVH-P3300BT offers a lot and is very easy to bypass plus use. The USB in thr front is nice for swapping out flash drives and my iphone quick. It also recognizes Pandora when plugged in and streams it with quality sound

eharri3
08-31-2012, 03:58 PM
I would do research to see how the Voice recognition on the JVC works. You would have to pay alot more money to get a Pioneer with that.

Ridinhi
08-31-2012, 05:14 PM
my opinion from experience with both says Pioneer.

12voltz+-
08-31-2012, 05:18 PM
a lot comes down to what your comfortable with and what features you want in the hu personal i like jvc to me there very easy straight forward to use, also reliable unit some of the pioneers just seam to have a cheap or generic layout IMO also i like the usb on the rear, having it on the front in some cars can be dangerous i seen a lot of customers come back with broken usb or face plates because the don't pay attention to the usb stick in 1-2'' out from the dash an brake them off!

d77543020
08-31-2012, 08:47 PM
Jvc gives you a lot of features for the money but they always seem to not sound as good as my pioneers kenwood and alpine there always my 4th choice

Ridinhi
09-01-2012, 07:29 AM
Jvc gives you a lot of features for the money but they always seem to not sound as good as my pioneers kenwood and alpine there always my 4th choice

^^x2,well said