PDA

View Full Version : HD radio

stevew007
08-22-2012, 04:57 PM
I just installed a kenwood548 and when its on the HD channels it almost skips goes in and out when ever.is this normal for HD or do you think the stereo is bad?

West
08-22-2012, 05:01 PM
WELCOME to HD RADIO!

This same issue pissed me off with Pioneer

You have entered a very small world when your HD signal will cut in and out and will skip around. Its a small world because the optimal range for HD signal is <20 miles. As you get closer the source this problem should stop. The tuner needs time to process the signal and when its interrupted it cuts out and jumps forward to analog FM.

Sometimes its easier to just run the analog signal if you are going out of range.

stevew007
08-22-2012, 05:10 PM
ok thanx i just listen to the radio now it seems that the HD stations only play "live" recording's

West
08-22-2012, 05:14 PM
No problem man.

Hmmm... could be a copyright thing. Recording companies not wanting studio recordings broadcast in HD, for fear of people jacking them. I changed the deck so I no longer listen to HD radio and I haven't listened to what is being broadcast in a while. I dont mind some live recordings, but I strongly prefer studio ones...

There are also a limited # of stations that broadcast in HD, at least thats how it is in TN.

West
08-22-2012, 05:20 PM
On the same topic I did a lot of digging to try and find a better antenna to expand my listening range... I asked a bunch of experts and they told me that the car's stock antenna was the best option.

stevew007
08-22-2012, 05:29 PM
thanx for all the info

West
08-22-2012, 06:56 PM
Anytime. :toast:

maylar
08-23-2012, 09:12 AM
My JVC does the same thing. Unfortunately I can't figure how to turn the HD off and just let it receive analog stereo FM.

West
08-23-2012, 02:48 PM
My JVC does the same thing. Unfortunately I can't figure how to turn the HD off and just let it receive analog stereo FM.

It should be in the manual.
The command should be seek HD off or something similar.