PDA

View Full Version : Speaker enclosure size

pbnj22
08-18-2012, 10:24 PM
Making speaker boxes for my boat and I was just curious on how big to make each box. I know for subs it's a big deal but is it the same for speakers to? Right now there just on a flat piece of wood but I think any sort of box would be better. Speakers are old alpine 50 watts rms each 6x9s

4OZGLOVES
08-18-2012, 10:27 PM
Just go to WAL-Mart and buy some 6x9 boxes , they should have them in the audio section.

pbnj22
08-18-2012, 10:35 PM
Hoping to use some scrap wood I got laying around... Actually I was gonna cut up one of my old boxes I made for a sub way back when... I've never seen any boxes at Walmart either :/

kushy_dreams
08-18-2012, 10:36 PM
The size of the sub box depends on the size and model of the subwoofer that you are using

pbnj22
08-18-2012, 10:44 PM
The size of the sub box depends on the size and model of the subwoofer that you are using

It's for a speaker not a subwoofer unless your implying that the same rules imply for a speaker as a sub...

pro-rabbit
08-18-2012, 10:45 PM
It's for a speaker not a subwoofer unless your implying that the same rules imply for a speaker as a sub...

They do...sort of..

However, to be honest in your application it will make little difference. I would just build something that works in the space that is about average sized compared to the 6x9.

pbnj22
08-18-2012, 10:48 PM
They do...sort of..

However, to be honest in your application it will make little difference. I would just build something that works in the space that is about average sized compared to the 6x9.
Yeah it looks like I'll just build something that will fit nice and not focus to much on how big it is.... There alpine sps69c 6x9 or something like that... Thanks for the help guys