PDA

View Full Version : Ported or Sealed for trunk?

ajramirez1995
08-18-2012, 10:06 PM
I was wondering if you should have a ported box or sealed box for a chrysler Sebring. I went to an audio shop and they told me that i should get a sealed box instead of a ported box for the trunk. I have 2 12 in Kicker Cvr's. Help??

rebelfromva
08-18-2012, 10:07 PM
ported on those would sound better imo

mylows10
08-18-2012, 10:11 PM
port it facing forward

TheUnderFighter
08-18-2012, 10:12 PM
Those subs are made for ported. LARGE ported. Which is probably why they told you to go sealed. I dunno if you could fit a pair of those 12's in that trunk, I'm not sure how big it is. But you'd be better off getting some better and more efficient 10" or 12" subs, and going ported.
Those subs should be ported though. If you're shop is telling you they're better sealed, I'd find another shop.

ajramirez1995
08-18-2012, 10:28 PM
Yes they told me to not port it. Because i wanted to buy a ported box but they said that sealed is best for a trunk. That ported is not good for trunks. O.o

4OZGLOVES
08-18-2012, 10:52 PM
Yes they told me to not port it. Because i wanted to buy a ported box but they said that sealed is best for a trunk. That ported is not good for trunks. O.o

Ported is fine for trunks. Most shops have no clue what they are talking about.

duanebro
08-18-2012, 11:14 PM
I agree with th advice you have been given. I just wanted to add that you should get a box built for your subs. Off the shelf ported is often way off from what would be best for your setup.

Villeza1
08-18-2012, 11:22 PM
Decently large ported tuned low.

TheUnderFighter
08-19-2012, 04:31 PM

Well then don't go there anymore, they are absolutely clueless. The thing is though, you can't just buy a ported box off the shelf. They need to be custom built per the subwoofers specs, the environment it's used in, and the user's listening tastes. It'll probably run you around $100-$150, if you can find someone on here, that is local to yo to build it.
If you're not willing to shell out that cash for a box, then yes, you need to go sealed.
And if you think that is a lot of money or a box.... don't. It's worth every penny, and will quite literally make the system. It is one of the most integral parts.

Buck
08-19-2012, 05:01 PM

They are BS'ing you :fyi: