PDA

View Full Version : Box dimensions for 1 SA12

wagass
08-16-2012, 09:23 PM
Hello there. I am requesting some advice(dimensions really, building myself) on a ported box for 1 SA 12, 4 ohm. Ive attempted those programs like winisd and torres, but they are still to advanced for my knowledge of audio. Only doing one for now as I am not sure if 2 will be too much for my liking. Ive already bought an amp, AQ1200D, will be running the sub at 2 ohm, so according to the specs 870w. Ive read that the SA's like more power than the rated 600w. I have not bought the sub yet though.

Sound wise, I've seen videos on the net with sa12's flexing the crap out of cars, I don't really want that. Possibly a little flex, but that's it, I like my car too much to break it, heh. After reading a bunch, my guess would be between 32-34hz or stick with 35hz recommended? Correct me if I am wrong, please.

MAXXX dimensions for box in a 09 Civic SI :
39"L x 22"W x 17"H (hopefully will not be that big hah)

Box will be Ported

(attempted to post specs for recommended box, but its not letting me submit topic, will fix if this works)

I do realize that these types of requests get asked a lot, I have searched google for hours, but didn't really find a scenario that really related to what I need/have.

Any help would be great, thank you!

EDIT: maybe this will work

http://www.sundownaudio.com/pdfs/SA_Series_Manual%2810-12-15%29.pdf

wagass
08-16-2012, 09:26 PM
It will not let me even copy and paste the specs to post them

edit: yay it worked