PDA

View Full Version : Newbie, Kicker C104 (10C104) box Design help

dragonware
08-15-2012, 01:55 PM
Hi Guys
i just bought this car, 2008 Ford Focus
I am upgrading the factory stereo, introducing some new 6x8"s a 5 chanel Boss 1800W amp, new JVC head unit
and I would like to use the
Kicker C104 (10C104) 10" sub

Now all the information I have on this sub is from what is available on the website of kicker nothing more nor do I know anything else.
also the Amps specs from the website.

i am however excellent at wood working.
I was hoping someone could help me with the calculations cuase the online tools asks for numbers that I have no idea about.

if someone would be willing to help me with the calculations , and parts list in the form of cut dimensions. I would have no problems cutting and putting together myself.

all your help appreciated.

Stereo-JVC KD-X50BT
Amp-Boss CX1800
Sub-Kicker C104 (10C104)10" for trunk use i would prefer a slim design ported or sealed your thoughts ?
Mids & highs - 4pcs Clarion SRG6832C

DoesDad
08-15-2012, 02:13 PM
I'd go about a 1.5 cu. ft. @ 32-34 hz.

dragonware
08-15-2012, 02:17 PM
Thanks Dad but i still do not posses the knowledge of how to use those numbers and output usable dimensions.

I have alot of experience in woodworking and all the tools to build my self but i need cut dimensions and a construction sketch.

DoesDad
08-15-2012, 02:22 PM
There's a lot of sites for box building (where you put in your dimensions in and get ur plans) but I know some of them are kind of iffy. Wait till some others chime in. Pro-rabbit is one of the many box builders on here and he'd give you a nice set of plans for the measurements you're working with for cheap. By cheap I mean maybe 10-15 bucks. I know I'm going to **** some of the ones off but I've used Rabbit and he's a good guy.

dragonware
08-15-2012, 02:23 PM
Thanks i dont mind paying for the plans as long as they give me reliable info i would enjoy building it my self as long as I know i got good info.

DoesDad
08-15-2012, 02:26 PM
Go to the vendor's section and look up some of the builders. Most of them will give you a good set of plans for pretty reasonable. You'll be asked some questions like what's your music preference and what you want to get out of the sub/subs.