PDA

View Full Version : NBS (01-06) Tahoe sub box with third row - box ideas

sshoe
08-13-2012, 12:10 PM
So I'm buying a Tahoe soon and I have my system pretty much planned out except for my subs and box. I have a set of Infinity Kappa 6.5s for front doors, 5.25s for rear doors, and 3.25s for rear pillar. I also have a 2 MB Quart ONX1.1600D and a MB Quart 4.80 as well with all the RCAs, 0-gauge, and 12 gauge I need. I am going to do the big 3 as well as battery(s) and alternator but I need help on a box design. It will have a third row for sure but not sure if it will have second row captain or bench but either way I will find somewhere to mount the amps.

Does anybody have dimensions/pics of their boxes behind the third row of a Tahoe, Denali, or Escalade?

I've seen pics of boxes before but I was hoping someone can tell me the dimensions of theirs and how it sounds. I am most interested in going with 2 12s though. I am probably going to go with these subs that are a brand called POPS from Chicago. Also, I know someone who had 2 SA12s in a Tahoe behind the third row but there was way too much rattle from being rear facing and so close to the hatch. Anybody have experience with foward facing enclosures in an SUV?

pro-rabbit
08-13-2012, 12:13 PM
Most take out the last row of seats when they do enclosures. I can look through our data and see if I can find the dims for them, I know I have em some where we do a lot of those trucks here.

dbeez
08-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Just get a suburban same gas mileage and you can run a single 18 behind the third row I was doing 48's from behind the third row.

Kangaroux
08-13-2012, 01:16 PM
Just get a suburban same gas mileage and you can run a single 18 behind the third row I was doing 48's from behind the third row.

Do the tahoes and suburbans have different stuff under the hood or is it mainly just the extra space?

pro-rabbit
08-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Do the tahoes and suburbans have different stuff under the hood or is it mainly just the extra space?

Extra space for the most part.

matt_bennett05
08-13-2012, 01:22 PM
And amps can go under second row seats out of sight!

pro-rabbit
08-13-2012, 01:26 PM
And amps can go under second row seats out of sight!

Indeed.

I'm trying to fit 2 AQ 3500D's and a AQ 100.4 under there... not looking good though :crap:

There is a lot of room under there but not that much haha

Louisiana_CRX
08-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Indeed.

I'm trying to fit 2 AQ 3500D's and a AQ 100.4 under there... not looking good though :crap:

There is a lot of room under there but not that much haha

Raise the seat with spacers to accomodate the amps...:)

sshoe
08-13-2012, 01:29 PM
The GF doesnt like the Suburban, I sold my Denali XL cause she said it was too long and got a Mercedes ML430 which now is too small Haha

I need the 3rd row because I like to pack friends in family in on road trips but dont want to have to take the subs out each time i put the seats in. I love my music loud, especially on long road trips!

pro-rabbit
08-13-2012, 01:31 PM
Raise the seat with spacers to accomodate the amps...:)

Owner said no go on that. :crap:

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

The GF doesnt like the Suburban, I sold my Denali XL cause she said it was too long and got a Mercedes ML430 which now is too small Haha

I need the 3rd row because I like to pack friends in family in on road trips but dont want to have to take the subs out each time i put the seats in. I love my music loud, especially on long road trips!

For most we do single 12" setups back there so there is still room to work with for luggage and such. Amps normally end up under the 2nd row seat.

Kangaroux
08-13-2012, 01:33 PM
How much clearance under the seats? Can you do a pair of 3500's on the floor and then put the 4 channel attached to the seat itself?

sshoe
08-13-2012, 01:34 PM
I am hoping to do 2 12s, probably sealed because of space and probably front facing so less rattle. I dont need to worry about luggage space, have roof rack and I can always get one of those luggage carriers that goes on the hitch.

pro-rabbit
08-13-2012, 01:36 PM
How much clearance under the seats? Can you do a pair of 3500's on the floor and then put the 4 channel attached to the seat itself?

this is for show..so that means tons of glass work every where...that means I need clearance for that..and no mounting amps into/onto seats. lol

matt_bennett05
08-13-2012, 05:26 PM
[QUOTE=pro-rabbit;8124328]this is for show..so that means tons of glass work every where...that means I need clearance for that..and no mounting amps into/onto seats. lol[/QUOTEE]

Sounds like custom rear center console time to me.

SourDeez
08-13-2012, 05:36 PM
Why not 07+ model tahoes?

pro-rabbit
08-13-2012, 05:38 PM
[QUOTE=pro-rabbit;8124328]this is for show..so that means tons of glass work every where...that means I need clearance for that..and no mounting amps into/onto seats. lol[/QUOTEE]

Sounds like custom rear center console time to me.

I have been pushing for this...it opens up so many more options!!!

sshoe
08-13-2012, 05:59 PM
Why not 07+ model tahoes?

Not sure if its the same dimensions but I'm getting an NBS Tahoe. Most likely an 02 just waiting on the dealer to finish up the paperwork. 07+ is out of my price range and I already have parts that I want for an NBS

sshoe
08-13-2012, 07:28 PM
Most take out the last row of seats when they do enclosures. I can look through our data and see if I can find the dims for them, I know I have em some where we do a lot of those trucks here.

Let me know if you have any behind the 3rd row and what your charge is thanks

CRSO
08-14-2012, 03:19 AM
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

All the same stuff, just more length.

I just got an Escalade ESV, same thing. I wanted a shorty but I ended up deciding on an ESV for the 3rd row with space in the back still.... I'm putting an 18" AA Havoc back there with an enclosure from Mr. Rabbit

Now I can watch Scarface up front while driving and the kids can watch Monsters Inc in the back.