PDA

View Full Version : Brand New Here...Looking For The Best Forum

FLYING BONES
08-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Hey there,

New to the forum. Looking for the best Car Audio forum. The one i'm currently on just aint cutting it, waaaay too many strange restrictions. Hope things go well here. I'm looking to build a system from scratch and i'll be all over the classifieds on the hunt.
If you have:
Nice Double DIN HU
Nice Comps $200-$300 Range
Amp - Alpine PDX-9
Amp - JL Audio HD 900
JL 12W6 12w7 13.5W6 or comparable

OR any other comparale equipment, or install related equipment (ie amp wiring or dynamat) hit me up. Hope to be a good member on this forum.

dragnix
08-11-2012, 05:54 PM
welcome, though not too many JL stuff on the classifieds here

FLYING BONES
08-11-2012, 06:01 PM
My last forum tought me to open up to other products, every forum has their favorites. I'm interested to see what you all beleive in.

hispls
08-11-2012, 06:02 PM
All the other forums are run by Ant. DIYMA is pretty good, CACO is ****. Always been **** really, but at least you didn't have to pay to sell there.

dragnix
08-11-2012, 06:09 PM
All the other forums are run by Ant. DIYMA is pretty good, CACO is ****. Always been **** really, but at least you didn't have to pay to sell there.
I have to pay to sell at DIYMA now :/

SplAffair
08-11-2012, 06:10 PM
Welcome. theres not too many restrictions here...

hispls
08-11-2012, 09:47 PM
I have to pay to sell at DIYMA now :/

Definitely not if you've been on there a while. I know I was on CACO very early on and now I can't sell there without paying. DIYMA I can sell there and I never paid, but IDK about new members?

Kangaroux
08-11-2012, 09:54 PM
I used to like this site a lot but it's been going downhill steadily for a while now. There are a few good people who know what they're talking about (hispls is one of them) but for the most part the forum is filled with trolls and people who don't know what they're talking about. I've found myself spending more and more time on the SSA forum. Just depends what you're looking for I guess. This forum is a lot more laid back whereas the SSA forum I feel is sometimes more formal.

dragnix
08-12-2012, 12:19 AM
Definitely not if you've been on there a while. I know I was on CACO very early on and now I can't sell there without paying. DIYMA I can sell there and I never paid, but IDK about new members?

I've been there for awhile

hispls
08-12-2012, 12:27 AM
I've been there for awhile

I'm sure you can still post FS thread on DIYMA then.

dragnix
08-12-2012, 12:35 AM
I'm sure you can still post FS thread on DIYMA then.
I just tried today, it said I needed to upgrade my membership

TheUnderFighter
08-12-2012, 12:50 AM
I used to like this site a lot but it's been going downhill steadily for a while now. There are a few good people who know what they're talking about (hispls is one of them) but for the most part the forum is filled with trolls and people who don't know what they're talking about. I've found myself spending more and more time on the SSA forum. Just depends what you're looking for I guess. This forum is a lot more laid back whereas the SSA forum I feel is sometimes more formal.

The SSA forum is WAY more formal haha. Very laid back forum here though.

What forum were you on before OP?

hispls
08-12-2012, 10:12 AM
I just tried today, it said I needed to upgrade my membership

LOL. I even got the bigger inbox there. I know I never paid anything. Probably because I don't get involved in the flame ANT threads.

whitedragon551
08-12-2012, 10:38 AM

Your one of the trolls that has done nothing for the forum. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Welcome OP.

Kangaroux
08-12-2012, 12:44 PM
Your one of the trolls that has done nothing for the forum. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Welcome OP.

If you're going to insult me at least use the correct form of you're.

whitedragon551
08-12-2012, 12:45 PM
If you're going to insult me at least use the correct form of you're.

Point proven. Me +1 You 0

Kangaroux
08-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Point proven. Me +1 You 0

You don't think I said that on purpose? The only trolling I do is outside of the dome. And at this point, you've derailed the original topic of the thread.

denim
08-13-2012, 11:12 PM
The SSA forum is WAY more formal haha. Very laid back forum here though.

What forum were you on before OP?

Top hat and spectacles required!

Kangaroux
08-13-2012, 11:27 PM
Top hat and spectacles required!

Monocle*

Spectacles are for people who actually need them...the monocle is just a symbol of your gentlemanism.

denim
08-14-2012, 04:35 PM
Monocle*

Spectacles are for people who actually need them...the monocle is just a symbol of your gentlemanism.
Ah yes, my good sir, thank you for the correction. ;)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-r6TGBscAdxE/TooF62flaaI/AAAAAAAALiE/gsKhAV_eiUU/s400/Natty%2BPoe.jpg

mclerico83
08-14-2012, 04:42 PM
Boston Acoustics SPG555-2 (spg5552) 13" 2 ohm Car Subwoofer/Sub (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_16602_Boston-Acoustics-SPG555-2.html)

much better sub than the jl's imho and you can get the passive radiator directly from boston acoustics

Boston Acoustics SPG-TR (spgtr) 10" TunableRadiator™ for the (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_20013_Boston-Acoustics-SPG-TR.html)

put it on 1k in a 1 cube box with the radiator and be amazed

OmegaBunny
08-14-2012, 04:47 PM
Sounds like you came from CACO or SMD OP. I like this forum since its so laid back. For most information I usually go to one of the Facebook groups. If you're interested pm me.

shpatb
08-14-2012, 04:48 PM
Oh yeah... Boston acoustics lovin' I got 4 of them... and I love every one of my babies...

shpatb
08-14-2012, 04:49 PM
Sounds like you came from CACO or SMD OP. I like this forum since its so laid back. For most information I usually go to one of the Facebook groups. If you're interested pm me.
Invite me to one of the fb groups.