PDA

View Full Version : Trade in program, what do you guys think?

Vertex Audio
08-10-2012, 11:24 PM
What would you guys think of a trade in program. Basically you trade in your amp, speakers, subs, etc for a credit to our store to go against a purchase. Before we get down to the logistics of it we just wanted to see if anyone would be interested in it in the first place. Any input is appreciated!

gumby688
08-10-2012, 11:28 PM
hell yes as long as trades are fair and both parties feel comfotable with it. Only issue I would see is assholes who steal ****.

chillin
08-10-2012, 11:32 PM
Sounds like a good idea as long as the trade in price is fair

gumby688
08-10-2012, 11:35 PM
So if you did taje trade in's then that means you would proally start having a bunch of used equipment for sale . You could take a little time with each piece you get for trade make sure it works and all then be able to sell it and people would know the stuff is working when they buy it.

Vertex Audio
08-10-2012, 11:41 PM
So if you did taje trade in's then that means you would proally start having a bunch of used equipment for sale . You could take a little time with each piece you get for trade make sure it works and all then be able to sell it and people would know the stuff is working when they buy it.

That was the plan, we know people have stuff to trade all of the time. So we figured it would be nice if they could just trade it in with no hassle. We would test it and make sure it works before crediting the account. And then yes resell it. We want the trade in prices we offer to be fair. But they will most likely not be the top trade in value due to handling and things. But it wont be some ridiculous low ball offer or anything.

SplAffair
08-10-2012, 11:44 PM
I like this idea

gumby688
08-10-2012, 11:45 PM
That was the plan, we know people have stuff to trade all of the time. So we figured it would be nice if they could just trade it in with no hassle. We would test it and make sure it works before crediting the account. And then yes resell it. We want the trade in prices we offer to be fair. But they will most likely not be the top trade in value due to handling and things. But it wont be some ridiculous low ball offer or anything.

How could you offer top trade in value inspect and test the equipment and then resell it at a fair price. Well unless you plan on losing tons of money lol

Vertex Audio
08-10-2012, 11:51 PM
How could you offer top trade in value inspect and test the equipment and then resell it at a fair price. Well unless you plan on losing tons of money lol

Well we are not trying to make more money on this, your actually right we will probably lose money. We really just want to make it easier for people to get the equipment they want. And pass the burden of selling their old equipment to us.

gumby688
08-11-2012, 12:16 AM
AND the security of knowing that if I pay for something
A it works and
B I will get it.

Vertex Audio
08-11-2012, 12:20 AM
AND the security of knowing that if I pay for something
A it works and
B I will get it.

You mean the used equipment correct?

gumby688
08-11-2012, 12:25 AM
exactly! There have been a bunch of threads the last few weeks of people getting ripped off.

Spooney
08-11-2012, 12:31 AM
I think it is a great idea. It helps everybody out. Somebody can get a new piece of gear and another guy with not so much cash can get a good price on a piece of used equipment he knows will work. Good situation for everybody.

Vertex Audio
08-11-2012, 12:50 AM
Im glad we are getting some good feedback. I think it will be a good thing and like spooney said a good situation for everyone.

kramer_212
08-11-2012, 12:54 AM
I like the idea.

disturbed471985
08-11-2012, 03:36 AM
I say go for it... Skar's yes I said it the hated Skar has a great trade in program and it wrked great. Thus the reason I am running Skar.... All around good idea people get rid of stuff they dnt want and get something they want from you and you in turn flip his trade in. E1 wins..

Vertex Audio
08-11-2012, 03:36 PM
I say go for it... Skar's yes I said it the hated Skar has a great trade in program and it wrked great. Thus the reason I am running Skar.... All around good idea people get rid of stuff they dnt want and get something they want from you and you in turn flip his trade in. E1 wins..

Mm we never knew Skar had a trade in program. I guess the plus side to us is that you get to choose from multiple brands. Also how do you like that Skar stuff? We have never gotten our hands on any of it before.

disturbed471985
08-13-2012, 04:05 AM
Mm we never knew Skar had a trade in program. I guess the plus side to us is that you get to choose from multiple brands. Also how do you like that Skar stuff? We have never gotten our hands on any of it before.

Yea they have had one for a few months atleast.. Only amps can be traded in though.. I mean u can trade ur amp in for whatever product they have that u want but they will only take amps for tardes... For what I have spent on my skar stuff I have no doubt I could not have found better for the money. The VVX's are well good as e1 knows and the 2500 put out tons of power and is pretty good on electrical.. I mean people can hate the owner as I can see some have the right to be but Kevin has been nothing but legit with me.

fannin88
09-02-2012, 10:35 PM
So did this ever get started?

Vertex Audio
09-02-2012, 10:39 PM
So did this ever get started?

Yes, it is in full swing! Check out the sticky on our sub forum!

fannin88
09-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Yeah, I just noticed that. Eh, since I obviously cant read, we'll just call it a free bump :blush:

Vertex Audio
09-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Yeah, I just noticed that. Eh, since I obviously cant read, we'll just call it a free bump :blush:

haha no worries, let me know if your looking to trade somethin in and we can talk.

Vertex Audio
10-11-2012, 12:37 AM
Keep it up with the trade in's guys! Im starting to like this program! =D

Smitty
10-11-2012, 12:55 AM
Keep it up with the trade in's guys! Im starting to like this program! =D

Do you take anything?

Vertex Audio
10-11-2012, 01:02 AM
Do you take anything?

Anything that is related to car audio, less wire and alts.

Sub Bass Woofrz
10-11-2012, 01:08 AM
Do you take anything?

Thought u got bant