PDA

View Full Version : headunit that displays japanese characters?

shikikanzero
08-10-2012, 10:23 AM
is there a headunit sold in the US capable of displaying correct titles of songs with japanese titles? i assume the headunit would have to have a dot matrix or LCD display at least to correctly display curves and such. is it possible to reflash double din dvd/navi decks with another language or something to get this to work? thanks for any input.

RangerDangerV2
08-10-2012, 10:26 AM
lol wut? go to japan and buy one bro....

Kangaroux
08-10-2012, 10:27 AM
The only headunits you're going to find that display japanese characters (if you do) will be double dins.

CHEMMINS
08-10-2012, 10:43 AM
Iirc, the old denons came in either US or Japanese.

tat2bass
08-10-2012, 11:03 AM
Check Japanupdate.com I used to buy stuff from people there all the time when I lived there. Dont know about a headunit that is made for the US though that displays Japanese characters. I don't even remember seeing one while I was over there that displayed Japanese lettering

pro-rabbit
08-10-2012, 11:13 AM
There are some that are selectable via the menu functions(we do this to some people to mess with them) how ever most of them are lacking and only display some things in a foreign language.

Best bet is to pick one up online from over seas and have it shipped to you. Might take a bit do to the distance and where you are, but would be the best way to go.