PDA

View Full Version : Buyer Beware!! Robert Zimmerman AkA TripKore

QuietEclipse29
08-08-2012, 11:15 PM
So I sold Robert Zimmerman aka TripKore (2) Sundown SA-12 subs for $280 SHIPPED. I box up the subs and ship them out the next day and paid $116 for shipping thru UPS (I have receipt still). About 5 or so days later he received the subs and claimed the box was messed up and UPS clearly dropped it. One sub was broken in the process. I tell him ill file a claim with UPS and if it falls thru ill refund the money for ONE subwoofer OR send another sub.
Time goes by about a week or two and he files a claim thru PayPal. So I work a deal with him to send a money order for $140 for one subs refund. I chose money order cuz my PayPal was locked cuz the claim. Well I send the Money Order in his wife's name Lisa Krain cuz he was driving for work and wouldn't be home.
I send the money order and emailed him asking if she received it and he replies saying they don't talk everyday and he don't know. On Aug 1st the PayPal claim went thru and payed Robert the $140 and I email him saying I need the money order back since the PayPal went thru. I get no reply. Deal was once he receives the money order cancel the PayPal claim.
So he pretty much for the full $280 refund AND kept both subs and is ignoring every email I send. I want either the money order OR $140 back thru PayPal. I also tried to text him with NO replies. Robert is from Arlington, MA and if anyone knows him let him know what's going on.

SORRY IF EVERYTHINGS WORDED CRAPPY AND LIKE A 5 YEAR OLD BUT I'M ON MY PHONE RIGHT NOW. WILL POST PIX OF PAYPAL EMAIL AND PICTURE OF THE MONEY ORDER AND SUCH. I DID MY PART TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT AND HE ENDS UP SCREWING ME. I LOST 2 SA-12s AND $280 ON THIS CRAP.

CHEMMINS
08-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Post up his phone number........he will pay up.

mazdakid
08-08-2012, 11:18 PM
**** everyones gettin scammed at this place now

CRSO
08-08-2012, 11:19 PM
If I still lived in mass, I'd visit him for you.

SplAffair
08-08-2012, 11:20 PM
yup its making me not want to buy off here.. except from well established members

SplAffair
08-08-2012, 11:20 PM
yup its making me not want to buy off here.. except from well established members

mylows10
08-08-2012, 11:21 PM
this is why i usually sell only new .

Serpent710
08-08-2012, 11:25 PM
Think I sold a head unit to him a while back with no problems.Get any pics of the packaging and sub?

Serpent710
08-08-2012, 11:25 PM
Think I sold a head unit to him a while back with no problems.Get any pics of the packaging and sub?

sleazebagger
08-08-2012, 11:26 PM

There's still plenty of great sellers on here. Most of them troll the dome on their free time.

I could name at least 30 guys on here that I wouldn't think twice about doing business with.

CHEMMINS
Always take pics/vid of packing materials. UPS does screw up lots. You have to overpack everything. There is a tutorial on packing subs and shipping them.

Never ever send a money order.....period.

Never ever send Western Union.....period.

If someone isn't willing to use a service where there is recourse for both parties, then they do not deserve either my money, or my gear

I always use PP, and pay with my credit card. Worst case scenario, my CC will get my refund. They don't take fraud lightly.

sleazebagger

There's still plenty of great sellers on here. Most of them troll the dome on their free time.

I could name at least 30 guys on here that I wouldn't think twice about doing business with.

CHEMMINS
Always take pics/vid of packing materials. UPS does screw up lots. You have to overpack everything. There is a tutorial on packing subs and shipping them.

If someone isn't willing to use a service where there is recourse for both parties, then they do not deserve either my money, or my gear

I always use PP, and pay with my credit card. Worst case scenario, my CC will get my refund. They don't take fraud lightly.

QuietEclipse29
08-08-2012, 11:28 PM
i would post up personal info but wont i get bant for that crap? if not ill post it lol. i got his facebook, girls facebook, phone numer, address, email, and where he works

CHEMMINS
08-08-2012, 11:29 PM

mazdakid

ups doesnt drop and break new stuff?

mazdakid

ups doesnt drop and break new stuff?

QuietEclipse29
Will I get banned for posted his personal info? If not I will i got a lot of info on him.

QuietEclipse29
08-08-2012, 11:30 PM
Will I get banned for posted his personal info? If not I will i got a lot of info on him.

QuietEclipse29
08-08-2012, 11:31 PM

CAT MAN
08-08-2012, 11:31 PM
uhm the same dude that shot someone you sold to? :wow:

QuietEclipse29
08-08-2012, 11:55 PM
He did send pix of it when he got it and it got there pretty bad. That's not the issue I resolved that by paying a half refund and he ended up doing the PayPal claim and got a full refund. And I only went thru MO cuz it was my issue and thought he would be good to cancel the pp claim.

PS this threads all messed up and laggy

SplAffair
08-08-2012, 11:56 PM
pics of girl?

Kangaroux
08-08-2012, 11:58 PM
You can post up phone numbers nobody is gonna get banned. And OP that sounds fishy as sheeit. Can't you void money orders?

QuietEclipse29
08-09-2012, 12:00 AM
You can post up phone numbers nobody is gonna get banned. And OP that sounds fishy as sheeit. Can't you void money orders?

No idea but he got it like last week I was being the nice guy waiting for a response cuz stuff does happen but nothing.

SplAffair
08-09-2012, 12:02 AM
post his girls fb for lulz

CAT MAN
08-09-2012, 12:12 AM
how was shipping so high

mazdakid
08-09-2012, 12:14 AM
ya thats a crazy price to ship those subs unless it was to another country or hawaii

stevew007
08-09-2012, 12:16 AM
you need to contact the place you got the money order from.get all the info on who cashed it.then contact there local PD because i think this is a federal offense now.i would also contact PP and ask them why it's your fault that ups broke there item.once it leaves your hands what can you do?

this is why i dont mess around anymore.if you dont have great feedback on several forums I will not buy its just not worth it anymore.even selling on ebay is a joke anymore.

MisterDeadeye
08-09-2012, 12:19 AM
post his girls fb for lulz

This.

And it ***** that you got so screwed by this. How did you pack it, and why didn't you insure the package at such a high value?

hispls
08-09-2012, 12:31 AM
Post a picture of him so I'll know who it is if I ever see him at a show in New England.

If you shipped a box of foam peanuts they'd find a way to break them then wouldn't pay your insurance claim. They are the absolute worst about demolishing packages and not honoring insurance claims.

I got a new amp from Zed Audio a few years ago and one of the boxes looked like they rammed it with a fork lift (complete with fork sized hole in the boxes (double boxed) and huge gouge in the heatsink. Took some effort to even get a claim out of that one. It's only got worse from there... I know UPS did it, because I've been to the factory and Stephen does NOT have a fork truck.

slvrado28z
08-09-2012, 12:31 AM
that ***** hope you get ur money bro..should have never sent that money to him, dont trust anyone these days

Why So Cereal?
08-09-2012, 12:45 AM
Wow, people are so ghey these days

West
08-09-2012, 12:52 AM

I always use PP, and pay with my credit card. Worst case scenario, my CC will get my refund. They don't take fraud lightly.'

I've had to use Paypal to dispute claims and refund my money. The process takes about a month as I recall, but it has not failed me yet. Its hands down the best way to go if you are buying from individuals online.

gumby688
08-09-2012, 12:58 AM
Had my own run in with UPS just recently I ordered a couple RF subs and a SA 3500 amp. I came home from work one day and sitting out by my mailbox right next to the road was 2 sub boxes with brandname and all right on them but no amp box thought maybe it was a day behind next day I look at tracking says all 3 packages were left on my BACKPORCH! I am now dealing with sender to get another amp but they have to file a claim with UPS say it could take up to 30days so for now I get to stare at the 2 new pretty t1's with no amp for them until it is cleared.

Iosias
08-09-2012, 01:03 AM
Ive always had great experience with UPS, but then again we have some great drivers around here. Sorry to hear about this, hope it all works out.

West
08-09-2012, 01:07 AM
Use UPS or FedEx (I know the back door package drops are bullshit...)
I've never had issues with breakage or insurance (not sure how they handle it) but they are less likely to damage your package.

USPS is garbage.

slvrado28z
08-09-2012, 01:09 AM
ive never had problems with ups or fex ex...they come strait to the door

infamous_e46
08-09-2012, 01:12 AM
if it was a usps money order it is mail fraud the feds will get both of them;)

QuietEclipse29
08-09-2012, 03:51 AM
Ill post pics and info tomorrow. Just got home. Thanks guys. Also package was insured with UPS but dip$hit Robert did not comply with the UPS claims. I will contact his local PD with all the info and proof pix of the money order. More info later tomorrow.

Flex68
08-09-2012, 06:52 AM
Sorry to hear about your issues, OP...that fukkin sux.

And so do you, TripKore ;
I mean, seriously, are you really that hard up for money, or are you just this big a **** ?

matt_bennett05
08-09-2012, 06:59 AM
I swear 1/3 of the transactions I gone through with through shipping have had issues one way or another from the shipper. If it ain't lost, it's broke, if it ain't broke, it looks like it should be from all the mishandling.

Good luck eclipse!

stevew007
08-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Ill post pics and info tomorrow. Just got home. Thanks guys. Also package was insured with UPS but dip$hit Robert did not comply with the UPS claims. I will contact his local PD with all the info and proof pix of the money order. More info later tomorrow.

this just sounds like your not doing your own work in this case? i would get proof from ups saying he did not follow through with the claim.
you should of never sent such a high dollar item with out being insured.you should of never sent a MO in someone else's name. I feel for you but i hope you learned a lesson. as i sell everything as is no refunds ever.

Mitch86
08-09-2012, 11:04 AM
I don't think you can claim fraud since you willingly sent him a MO. You weren't sending money for an item...so where did the fraud take place? Personally since he jumped the gun and filed with PP, you should have waited and let them handle it. Hopefully he honors his part and returns half of the money, but you should have handled the situation differently imo. I know you were trying to be the nice guy and get it straght but tthe potential for this happening should have told you to let PP handle it in the first place since it was his choice to file with PP.

QuietEclipse29
08-09-2012, 02:07 PM
this just sounds like your not doing your own work in this case? i would get proof from ups saying he did not follow through with the claim.
you should of never sent such a high dollar item with out being insured.you should of never sent a MO in someone else's name. I feel for you but i hope you learned a lesson. as i sell everything as is no refunds ever.

Your right its a lesson learned. Im not even mad about the money truthfully just hate being lied to n $hit. There's not much I can actually do so I should mark this as a lesson learned and move on.

QuietEclipse29
08-09-2012, 02:08 PM
I don't think you can claim fraud since you willingly sent him a MO. You weren't sending money for an item...so where did the fraud take place? Personally since he jumped the gun and filed with PP, you should have waited and let them handle it. Hopefully he honors his part and returns half of the money, but you should have handled the situation differently imo. I know you were trying to be the nice guy and get it straght but tthe potential for this happening should have told you to let PP handle it in the first place since it was his choice to file with PP.

That's what I'm thinking I don't see any good coming out of it. But ill give it a try.

SplAffair
08-09-2012, 02:11 PM
pics of his girl or :ban:

bhsdriller
08-09-2012, 02:15 PM
post all of his info up...we'll make sure he pays you lol

snoopdan
08-09-2012, 02:21 PM
post all of his info up...we'll make sure he pays you lol

This.

murph
08-09-2012, 02:23 PM
UPS is the worst at handling packages and you payed way too much to ship them. USPS although they tend to be slower handle packages much better. When the claim was filed I would never have sent out a m/o. Paypal rarely favors the seller.

kushy_dreams
08-09-2012, 02:32 PM
Op should not have sent the mo when a pp claim was filed.

and usps is probably one of the best package handlers, all the for profit companies give zero fucks

shpatb
08-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Op should not have sent the mo when a pp claim was filed.

and usps is probably one of the best package handlers, all the for profit companies give zero fucks

USPS is a for profit company too... they just don't make much of a profit anymore.. :/

SplAffair
08-09-2012, 02:39 PM
USPS is a for profit company too... they just don't make much of a profit anymore.. :/

i like usps shipping wise.. ive never gotten a beat up package from them

kushy_dreams
08-09-2012, 02:41 PM

true I should have worded it differently, they might make a small profit, but they arent out to maximize their pockets like ups or fedex