PDA

View Full Version : Needed Expert Help

Bigrick31
03-31-2004, 12:56 PM
Hey i am going to start building my second box i want it for 2 rexxx the new ones i went to the website and it gives you dimensions but does not tell you what dimensions are what can some 1 help i want a square ported box for these the port is square and i am putting it in the back of my eclipse i want the bottom of the port to be level with the top of the rear seat can some 1 help

Trixter
04-02-2004, 09:33 AM
I can try, but you have to promise me that you will use proper punctuation in your next post. (It makes it a little easier to read.)

Bigrick31
04-02-2004, 01:16 PM
ok. I promise to use the proper punctuation in my next post.

Trixter
04-02-2004, 01:42 PM
What box do you have in mind? Under their boxes for dual, they have sq and sql. I imagine that you are looking at the box for the 12's? Not too sure what your looking at, but the page I'm on has letters that reference each side.

Bigrick31
04-04-2004, 11:56 PM
yea the page is for the box for dual 12s. my box will have about 3.5cuft of airspace. there is the letters and measurements but not every letter is shown on the pic of the box. only a few letters are shown. my box is going to be fiberglassed into the rear of my eclipse so the dimensions wont be the same so i dont know what to do about the port. on their site it says to make it 12" long and thats all i can gather from it. and on my other box i didnt have to calculate what the box was tuned to cuz there was no port. so i dont know how to tell what its tuned to. if thery are tuned the same does it matter how the port is made? oh and i wanted a sql box.

Trixter
04-05-2004, 10:17 AM
If you keep the same size of the box on the site, then the port and tuning will remain the same too. Shape does not matter. The site says that "D" (port height) is 12" tall, "F" (port width) is 4" wide. This gives you 48sq" of port area. The pic also shows the two lengths of both port walls. "G" being 18" and "H" being 5.5". Since they are simply measuring the wall lengths to show how to build it, you will need to add 2" (1/2 the port's width, and you measure down the center of the port) to get the effictive port length, that being 27.5" long. Now that you know the port area and the port length, just keep the area 48sq" and the length the same and you should have no problems. Just remember to try and keep the 9:1 (heigth:width) ratio when figuring out port area.

Bigrick31
04-17-2004, 07:47 PM
hey just one more question. I can do about 3.5cuft of airspace in my car but the rexxx specs dont call for that much. should i just use their specs or should i go for the 3.5. or would the screw up the sound?

Trixter
04-17-2004, 09:33 PM
I would go with the spec first. If you don't like it then change it. At least you'll have tried what they recommended first.