PDA

View Full Version : Finally a double DIN HU that is active capable...

Theride
08-03-2012, 10:47 PM
well, I dont know if it it. Take a look and let me know because if it is, this HU might be the next hit on the active market. I am already considering purchasing it so someone please confirm what I suspect.

CLARION NX702

check this video out. Check out from 13:00 to see and hear what he is saying aboutthe crossover/EQ function

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6bwNjGxaB8Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

whitedragon551
08-03-2012, 10:55 PM
Alpine W505 and W205 were with the PXA-H701.

Theride
08-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Alpine W505 and W205 were with the PXA-H701.

this is just one unit which i like very much.

whitedragon551
08-03-2012, 11:04 PM
this is just one unit which i like very much.

Still not that great compared to the Alpine units though.

Theride
08-03-2012, 11:07 PM
Still not that great compared to the Alpine units though.

i do like alpine units. but this is the first unit ive seen where its complete with everything i like....granted it has the crossover capabilities to go active.

Theride
08-03-2012, 11:18 PM
dragon551, can this unit go active just like the 9887 and and other units based on the video?

vaiboy
08-04-2012, 12:07 AM
Yes, this head unit is active capable just like the single din CZ702.

NX702
FEATURES
Motorized Sloping Control Panel with 7.0-inch Digital Touch Panel WVGA Monitor
Variable color key illumination (728 colors)
CD/SD/MP3/WMA/DVD/MP4 Playback
Built-in Parrot Bluetooth Interface (HFP, HSP, OPP, A2DP, AVRCP, DUN, PBAP)
Built-in Microphone and External Microphone Ready with Optional RCB204
Audio/Video Inputs (Rear RCA)
Digital Time Alignment Control and 3-way Crossover
2-Zone Entertainment: Front and Rear Separate Source Control
Rear USB Port with iPod Direct Connect Capabilities
iPod Audio/Video Control with Optional CCA750 iPod Interface Cable
PANDORA internet radio Station Link with USB using PANDORA App
Rear Vision Camera Composite Video Input
Built-in iGo Primo® mapping on Preloaded Micro SD Card
15 Million Points of Interest
Text to Speech for Street Announcements
Multi Language Display Capability (English, Spanish, French)
Built-in HD Radio with iTunes Tagging
SiriusXM-Ready (Optional SiriusXM-Connect Vehicle Tuner)
50 Watts × 4 Built-in Amplifier
6-Channel / 4 Volt RCA Output
Subwoofer Volume Control
24-bit D/A Converter
Built-in High and Low Pass Filters
BEAT EQ PLUS for Sound Adjustment
OEM Steering Wheel Remote Ready
Wireless Remote Control Included

keep_hope_alive
08-04-2012, 11:51 AM
i would still perfer an Alpine double din with the H701 since you get 8 channels and 1/3 oct EQ for each...

but that Clarion is still a VERY nice piece. good find.

mlgreen
08-04-2012, 11:45 PM
This will be my next unit. Finally a double din with built in nav and active capability right out the box. And it's quite a bit cheaper than the comparable Kenwood and waaaaaaaay cheaper than the Alpine when you factor in all the extra add ons needed to make it comparable.

Bass911
08-05-2012, 06:48 AM
I'd rather have Alpine too. Clarion did such a poor job on the nx501, I cannot see myself getting the 702. I know they are two different models, but every Clarion I've owned had something wrong with it.

Theride
08-05-2012, 08:12 AM
Bass, what was poor about the 501. I've always heard good things about clarion.

keep_hope_alive
08-05-2012, 02:51 PM
every Clarion piece i've owned (3) were nice units (>$300 bought new) and all had issues and were promptly returned. i'm sure they are capable of a reliable unit, i just don't feel like trying.

smgreen20
08-11-2012, 12:41 AM
I have over 15 Clarion HUs, only one has had a repeating issue, my 9375. The back lighting behind the buttons kept.going out.

The NX702 will ne my next HU.

Bass911
08-11-2012, 06:41 AM
Bass, what was poor about the 501. I've always heard good things about clarion.

What I mean is when compared to Pioneer, Alpine, and Kenwood the Clarion is just not for me. I also have a Clarion dxz585usb and I think the ipod control ***** compared to Alpine. I've heard good things about Clarion too, but I'm harder to impress than most. It is easy too see if you use different brands. I've done direct a swap with a Clarion 6 volt unit to a Pioneer 2 volt unit and the Pioneer sounded louder even with gain turned down. Maybe Clarion is improving but I must go with what I know works for me. Not being able to go back a step on the ipod is a deal breaker for me.

Nx501 Con List
-Kind of hard to see in Sunlight and I have 35% tint up front/ 5% in back
-Remote doesn't see the unit worth a dayum.
-When you use the volume knob, when increasing volume it will decrease the volume as you turn it up. This happens all the time. For example it you turn it all the way down, it sometimes will jump back to "volume 1"
-Does not pick up ipod no matter what cable you use. It might pick it up 15% of the time. You have to keep reaching in the glove box to unplug it and plug it back in for it to pick up.
-You cannot go back a step on the ipod. You can go back but you will be right back at the letter "A". It gets very annoying to go through all that just to get back where you left off.
-Touchscreen could be a little more sensitive, but not too bad
-Volume knob is right under navi button so when you turn up the volume, you will keep touching the navi button. Keep in mind navi button is not a real button. All you have to do is barely touch it, and navi screen pops up.
-Bluetooth audio has low volume compared to Alpine and Pioneer.
-3d mapping takes a long time to render buildings.
-Hard bass can make dvd skip. Sometimes when it skips it starts dvd at beginning.
-You cannot hear the navi voice without some kind of music playing in the background or it will just be muted and you have to watch the screen. Sometimes I like to hear the navi without music playing at the same time, but this is not possible with the 501.
-No sub on/off option, but I knew this before I bought it.

Bettr n' Revrse
08-11-2012, 07:08 AM
Ehhhh