PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood VS Sony ATT feature

eyezonz
08-03-2012, 09:55 PM
I am trying to decide which brand of deck to get solely because of the ATT feature which I like. I would like to know if either brand deck when pressing the att button does it (lower the volume and mute sub output) or (just lower the sound). Ive search and read but cant find a definitive answer

Any other decks that have the att feature?

goingdef
08-03-2012, 10:21 PM
att short for attenuation all it does is reduce volume by a preset level and all hu that I have ever owned have had them, the only difference with them that bothers me is if you press it on the deck I have now and shut off the car when it's started back the whole thing comes back full tilt not attenuated! My old kenwood would reduce the volume level on start up.

av83
08-03-2012, 10:37 PM
if you know how to use your vol knob then there's no question... sony blows

eyezonz
08-03-2012, 10:53 PM
att short for attenuation all it does is reduce volume by a preset level and all hu that I have ever owned have had them, the only difference with them that bothers me is if you press it on the deck I have now and shut off the car when it's started back the whole thing comes back full tilt not attenuated! My old kenwood would reduce the volume level on start up.

My kenwood 819dvd stays in att after car goes off i never paid attention to it but that is nice feature, which deck u rinning now, i was thinkn of getting ai newer kendwood for bluetooth streaming.

QUOTE=av83;8114768]if you know how to use your vol knob then there's no question... sony blows[/QUOTE]

Att is quicker than the volume knob and i like the convenience of it, for phone calls and police sighting

whitedragon551
08-03-2012, 10:56 PM
Pioneer has them. The Eclipse CD7000 didnt have one and neither does my 9887. The 9887 has the option to pause everything, but not attenuate it.