PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions, and some help also.

PureKaoz
07-31-2012, 08:58 PM
Hey guys, i am new to the forum. I have been reading posts on the HFX12D4 for about 30 minutes now, and i think i am happy with what i got, and for the price.

I have a 93 Mazda B2200 single cab, and i want to put the HFX12D4 behind the bench seat of it. I am short, so i have plenty of room to do this. I have been reading specs on the sub, and i think i will be able to reach recommended cubic feet of the sub...

What i want to know, is do you guys recommend that i go with a ported or sealed, and is my original idea for a long, tall but just deep enough box going to work out for me.

SplAffair
07-31-2012, 09:02 PM
i have 2 of the hfi12d4s (see sig) im not sure of the differences but im extremely happy with these subs lol and ported if you have the space.

PureKaoz
07-31-2012, 11:19 PM
I figured i wanted to do ported, i am not sure of how to tune boxes though.... really all confusing to me. What size is your box? Height x Depth x Length

mylows10
07-31-2012, 11:22 PM
you just need to pay someone, dealer or box designer,, on the forum here for a design with cut sheet

SplAffair
07-31-2012, 11:22 PM
H 15 depth 21 length 33 its a good size box for my trunk lol

PureKaoz
07-31-2012, 11:32 PM
See, my truck has a good bit of room in the back, the only obstacle i have to overcome is the tranny tunnel... i was thinking about making it the whole back width of the cab, is this too much for one 12?

/edit :: I am gonna take some measurements and put them into WinISD =)

/2nd edit:: Wow, got confusing quick.. keeps telling me i need like 14 cubic feet, i typed in the specs i had from the manual.

PureKaoz
08-02-2012, 01:39 AM
Anyone else got anymore suggestions..

double 07
08-02-2012, 07:08 AM
I had a Mazda truck of that same body style years ago.....I had two RF 12s behind my seat......my box sat on top of the tranny tunnel....I believe it was 52" w x 9" d bottom x 3.5" d top and the height of the seat.....It had one 3" pvc port on each end pointed at the floor ( there is space between it and floor).......then after the box was built I cut a 6" x 6" square out right behind each sub and surface mounted a piece of mdf over the hole....this was done because the back wall of those trucks actually sticks out right in the center above the tranny tunnel.......Cutting out the square and covering it back up on the outer surface of the box gives you a decent mounting depth......

PureKaoz
08-02-2012, 03:11 PM
only 3.5" deep at the top?

i am gonna take some measurements, thanks for giving me ballpark.. I really want to figure out how much material is going to be needed...

52" x 9" x 3.5" = .95 cubic feet (if these are all your measurements..)

double 07
08-02-2012, 05:58 PM
You are leaving out the height.......and you have to add the 9 to the 3.5 and divide by two........52" x 6.25" x HEIGHT?

Soloscience
08-04-2012, 06:21 PM
I had an '87 B2200. I had a sealed box custom made to fit a Kappa Perfect 12 behind the passenger side of the bench. Seemed to work pretty well. I'm on the taller side, so my bench was basically backed up all the way.

PureKaoz
08-20-2012, 03:59 AM
I still haven't figured out how to get atleast 1.25 cubic feet and be okay. I have been thinkin about getting another prefab and trying it as long as i measure again..

I bought a .7 cubic feet prefab but it's definitely to small.. the sub doesn't like it that is for sure. I am gonna try to put some Polyfill in it, and see if that helps at all, if not im either gonna just cut one side off of it and expand it, or i am going to buy another prefab....

If it comes down to it, i will have to build one but im trying to avoid that.

ewadz3006
08-20-2012, 04:13 AM
.7 is pretty damm small dude.

husker77
08-20-2012, 05:39 AM
you just need to pay someone, dealer or box designer,, on the forum here for a design with cut sheet

This, there are guys that do it from $10 to $40 to design it. If someone is close they can build it also, probably for about the same as a prefab. Building is pretty easy if you have any skill and take your time.

pm pro-rabbit, mobile enclosures, or cat man, those are the ones that I can think of off the top of my head.