PDA

View Full Version : 6.5" Mids to replace Silver flutes

Drummer65
07-29-2012, 09:07 PM
Looking for a pair of mids to replace the silver flutes. The flutes are just not loud enough and IMO lacking in midbass. I need a mid that will play 70-3800hz. Ive got about 150 watts rms for each speaker

Been looking at either the Sundown neo pros or the crossfire XS m6

Crossfire XS M6 6" Hi-Output Car Mid-Bass Driver Loudspeaker (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_36211_Crossfire-XS-M6.html)

The crossfires are about half the price of the sundowns

Theride
07-29-2012, 09:19 PM
i thought the same about the flutes. they are definitely not loud. i replaced mine with ID CSX62, which i feel are too laid back. i like a sharp detailed sound and im having a hard time finding it. it also seems as if to get loud and clean, you gotta spend 500 bucks

Ridinhi
07-30-2012, 04:25 PM
Looking for a pair of mids to replace the silver flutes. The flutes are just not loud enough and IMO lacking in midbass. I need a mid that will play 70-3800hz. Ive got about 150 watts rms for each speaker

Crossfire XS M6 6" Hi-Output Car Mid-Bass Driver Loudspeaker (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_36211_Crossfire-XS-M6.html)

i run the Flutes also with 100watts per side. My midbass is pretty nice imo. doors are maybe 60% deadened. I feel they get decently loud but I what I like about them is that they sound good. But, I too am in the market to try another set of mids. Mine are also running on a set of Crescendo ccx passives which I feel are holding them back.

Why So Cereal?
07-30-2012, 09:23 PM
i thought the same about the flutes. they are definitely not loud. i replaced mine with ID CSX62, which i feel are too laid back. i like a sharp detailed sound and im having a hard time finding it. it also seems as if to get loud and clean, you gotta spend 500 bucks
Try H-Audio Souls

i run the Flutes also with 100watts per side. My midbass is pretty nice imo. doors are maybe 60% deadened. I feel they get decently loud but I what I like about them is that they sound good. But, I too am in the market to try another set of mids. Mine are also running on a set of Crescendo ccx passives which I feel are holding them back.

are your doors properly sealed? Have u checked for phasing issues? Is the speaker baffle solid?

Ridinhi
07-30-2012, 10:04 PM
Try H-Audio Souls

are your doors properly sealed? Have u checked for phasing issues? Is the speaker baffle solid?

Oh,dont get me wrong. I really like the Flutes,you know how it is when just had a set for a whilw and you get the itch to try something new/different.

disturbed471985
07-31-2012, 05:38 AM

Listen here ****** stop following my build LOL.... Just messsing with ya I got almost exact same thread u got up. Prob going crossfires but going to see whats floating round first.. GL bro

Silvers are nice I have a solid 200 going to each pair and they will get loud and sound good doing so been running flutes for well over 4 years hard to beat mid for 30bucks... Just time for a change maybe good maybe worse but gotta try. Then gonna have to build 1/4" spacers just to get them to wrk so more fiberglass wrk.... SF 2.9" CF 3.0"s.....

OP most places are sold out. I have bought from this company before and they are legit. Prob is gonna be around $230 bucks to get mine... http://www.techronics.com/caraudio_14057_Crossfire-XS-M6-6-inch-XS-Series-Hi-Output-Mid-Bass-Loudspeaker.html

okiedokie
07-31-2012, 04:05 PM
Wow

Drummer65
08-01-2012, 06:19 AM
Listen here ****** stop following my build LOL.... Just messsing with ya I got almost exact same thread u got up. Prob going crossfires but going to see whats floating round first.. GL bro

Silvers are nice I have a solid 200 going to each pair and they will get loud and sound good doing so been running flutes for well over 4 years hard to beat mid for 30bucks... Just time for a change maybe good maybe worse but gotta try. Then gonna have to build 1/4" spacers just to get them to wrk so more fiberglass wrk.... SF 2.9" CF 3.0"s.....

OP most places are sold out. I have bought from this company before and they are legit. Prob is gonna be around $230 bucks to get mine... Crossfire XS M6 6" XS Series Hi-Output Mid-Bass Loudspeaker (http://www.techronics.com/caraudio_14057_Crossfire-XS-M6-6-inch-XS-Series-Hi-Output-Mid-Bass-Loudspeaker.html)

Haha i didn't even see your thread. We do have a familiar front stage what Seas tweets do you have? Don't get me wrong I loved my flutes and for $30 they are hard to beat, but I'm also just looking to change things up and also looking for mids that will play louder and have deeper midbass doing it. I could wire down to 2 ohms and feed each speaker 250 watts. Know any mids that will handle that daily?

Anyone heard anything about the Sundown Neo pros? How do they perform

Wow

?

disturbed471985
08-01-2012, 06:22 AM
Haha i didn't even see your thread. We do have a familiar front stage what Seas tweets do you have? Don't get me wrong I loved my flutes and for $30 they are hard to beat, but I'm also just looking to change things up and also looking for mids that will play louder and have deeper midbass doing it. I could wire down to 2 ohms and feed each speaker 250 watts. Know any mids that will handle that daily?

Anyone heard anything about the Sundown Neo pros? How do they perform

?

4 of these - Madisound Speaker Store (http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/hard-dome-tweeter/seas-prestige-27tafnc/g-h1397-1-aluminum-dome-tweeter/) Got each pair getting a solid 200 crossed at 3.5k...
I hear I like my silvers but its been half a decade since I tried something new so figured why not.... Before the silvers I ran DD mids and they were pure mehhhhhh.. I know alot of PA mids that can take that kinda power. Nendo's seems to be the new boner.. But before I run nendo I will run the crossfires. I like the sundowns but not at that price.... Not never...

disturbed471985
08-01-2012, 06:35 AM
Try H-Audio Souls

These look nice but at those prices they better be made by the hand of GOD... $200 bucks seems to be going rate for a set of used ones....

Like these but looks like finding them will be next to impossible - BeM6

Why So Cereal?
08-01-2012, 10:23 AM
These look nice but at those prices they better be made by the hand of GOD... $200 bucks seems to be going rate for a set of used ones....

Like these but looks like finding them will be next to impossible - BeM6

The Souls aren't really made for SPL builds but they do very well for SQ in which case you'd likely only need one set. I have heard of people liking them over HAT Legatia

disturbed471985
08-01-2012, 11:02 AM
The Souls aren't really made for SPL builds but they do very well for SQ in which case you'd likely only need one set. I have heard of people liking them over HAT Legatia

Doors are glassed for dual 6.5's so kinda stuck with going with 2 per door. SQ is a factor but they must also be able to keep up with everything else even if that takes some sq away...

keep_hope_alive
08-01-2012, 07:39 PM
I run my silver flutes down to 50Hz with 100W RMS from the xtant amps. But my baffles are substantial, my doors are sealed and deadened, and I have PVC encased fiberglass batt absorption in the doors.

I'm happy with the response I get from them. I like the Hertz ML165 more though.

keep_hope_alive
08-01-2012, 07:46 PM
I would try a Peerless woofer next. Tymphany is a good company.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-1148
I think this would be a good midbass.

splwj47
08-01-2012, 10:54 PM
Try H-Audio Souls

Where do u get these h-audio?

Why So Cereal?
08-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Where do u get these h-audio?

check around on DIYMA. U can usually find a set in the classifieds or u can start a WTB thread for some. It was easy for me back when I searched and I REALLY wish I had jumped on them

Jroo
08-02-2012, 10:40 AM
The SLS's are incredible, but dont think about trying to x them over high. I think the OP wanted something that would play up to 3800hz, and that aint happen at all with the SLS. I thought they had bad breakup issues over 300hz, so really something to look at if you have a 3 way.

Glastron
08-07-2012, 05:00 PM
There is no way that those peerless sls's will play up to 3800hz. Use them only as a dedicated midbass.

Edit: oops, didn't see the second page. How do you delete posts?

tnbubba
10-20-2012, 10:27 PM
peerless 830883 seas er18 sb acoustiics sb17 hecke event he dayton ref series