PDA

View Full Version : speaker noise/new set suggestions?

mwokram
07-26-2012, 10:25 PM
So the past few weeks, I've noticed that my passenger side component speaker (not the tweeter) has been making weird vibrating sounds/not sounding clean. To me, it definitely seems like it is blown or messed up or something. Although it is not all the time, it sounds like it is usually when there is some light bass that the components are making, and then the speaker vibrates really bad and just plain sounds ******. Also, when listening to the radio and someone speaking, it sounds muffled. Is the speaker done for? BTW the speakers are Cerwin Vega 65cs from maybe 3 years ago.

Part 2: Now if these speakers are done for, can anyone recommend some in $200 range? Something with great bang for the buck? I was thinking of maybe some lower end Rainbows but not sure if its worth it if I'm not getting a higher end Rainbow.

Thanks for the help!

SplAffair
07-26-2012, 10:26 PM
So the past few weeks, I've noticed that my passenger side component speaker (not the tweeter) has been making weird vibrating sounds/not sounding clean. To me, it definitely seems like it is blown or messed up or something. Although it is not all the time, it sounds like it is usually when there is some light bass that the components are making, and then the speaker vibrates really bad and just plain sounds ******. Also, when listening to the radio and someone speaking, it sounds muffled. Is the speaker done for? BTW the speakers are Cerwin Vega 65cs from maybe 3 years ago.

Part 2: Now if these speakers are done for, can anyone recommend some in $200 range? Something with great bang for the buck? I was thinking of maybe some lower end Rainbows but not sure if its worth it if I'm not getting a higher end Rainbow.

Thanks for the help!
if your looking for new comps hit up GAMEOVERCCA; for a set of IA comps 120 shipped

mylows10
07-26-2012, 10:28 PM
test the mid with a multi meter ,make sure it still says 4 ohms ,if not ,prolly messed up.i can sell you a set of cl series cdt components for 200 shipped .the lower end rainbows you may not like the sound ,not very good mid bass from them

mwokram
07-26-2012, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the responses so far. Also, I am not a total pro at car audio as much as I love it, I would not know how to fix issues that may arise lol.

I forgot to mention I run phoenix Gold RSD 65cs in the back and the amp that powers them is a MTX Thunder (cant remember the exact model) but it runs 100x4 at 4 ohms and 200x4 at 2 ohms.