PDA

View Full Version : lthe sound in the car (concert vs. surround )

limitkid7
03-30-2004, 05:22 PM
ok we are all car audio people here, who loveeeee car audio.....

i had something brought to my attention just recently.....

i was presented w/2 differnet types of listeners..... ..

1 - one who likes sound to surround them and they are like in the center of it all
2 - one who likes the concert feeling where the sound is mainly presented infront of them.....

which one are you?

now for part B..

i think type 1 represents someone who has high end comps in the front, subs in back, and a rear fill/if any. you'll get the main sound coming at your face w/a nice thumb at your back.

i think type 2 represents someone who has high end comps in the front, high end speakers or even comps in the back, and of course sub..... the sound can be setup perfectly depending on where you place your speakers & tweeters.......

the different b/w the two setups is bascially what's in the rear. ....

60_cent
03-30-2004, 05:39 PM
ok we are all car audio people here, who loveeeee car audio.....

i had something brought to my attention just recently.....

i was presented w/2 differnet types of listeners..... ..

1 - one who likes sound to surround them and they are like in the center of it all
2 - one who likes the concert feeling where the sound is mainly presented infront of them.....

which one are you?

now for part B..

i think type 1 represents someone who has high end comps in the front, subs in back, and a rear fill/if any. you'll get the main sound coming at your face w/a nice thumb at your back.

i think type 2 represents someone who has high end comps in the front, high end speakers or even comps in the back, and of course sub..... the sound can be setup perfectly depending on where you place your speakers & tweeters.......

the different b/w the two setups is bascially what's in the rear. ....

oh funny you should mention this...

I just bought another set of Boston rally series comps that will be going into the Mountaineer shortly. I already have the 6.5 component's and just bought the 5.25 comp's. I thing the combination should sound very good.

So from what you are saying I guess I a more surround sound effect.

limitkid7
03-30-2004, 11:18 PM
what's what i'm saying.....

i think its still idea to do higher end in the front though....

you could for example 6.5's in front and 5.25s in the back....
or even
lets say u got infinity for example..

kappa 6.5s in the front and reference 6.5s in the back...
it all depends on how you place it and then the tuning comes in to play.......

DBfan187
03-30-2004, 11:22 PM
I guess I'm a mixture of 1 & 2?

I like it to be LOUD, ACCURATE and CLEAR!

limitkid7
03-30-2004, 11:22 PM
*- edit -*cool

DBfan187
03-30-2004, 11:25 PM
OK fine then, I'm a #2!

limitkid7
03-31-2004, 03:19 PM
anyone else?????

Berry47
03-31-2004, 04:21 PM
#2 How music should be heard.

88k5blazer
03-31-2004, 07:18 PM
#2. I cant really be a number one in my vehicle because all i have is 3 1/2's in the dash

tobz
04-01-2004, 11:34 AM
My opinion on this, is that many of the #2's out there... have not heard a properly setup #1...

I have a few friends that were #2 types... then once they heard my #1... they converted :)

T.J.

limitkid7
04-01-2004, 12:58 PM
My opinion on this, is that many of the #2's out there... have not heard a properly setup #1...

I have a few friends that were #2 types... then once they heard my #1... they converted :)

T.J.
interesting..

adam71
04-01-2004, 03:08 PM
I'm definitely a # 1. I have NO rear speakers. 3 way components up front and of course subs in the trunk.

Adam :up2someth

Berry47
04-01-2004, 04:27 PM
I'm definitely a # 1. I have NO rear speakers. 3 way components up front and of course subs in the trunk.

Adam :up2someth

So your a #2.

adam71
04-01-2004, 04:56 PM
So your a #2.

How do you figure?? I have NO rear full range speakers. Just subs.

# 1

See what I'm saying.??

Adam :wave:

Berry47
04-01-2004, 07:11 PM
I just read the first post... it makes no sense. Sorry.

A concert comes from in front of you so i don't know why he would have rears at a concert.
The two initial statements are contrary.

tobz
04-01-2004, 08:17 PM
whoa whoa, i mis-read, and mis-wrote mine..

i meant to say, people who enjoy lots of full range speakers all around, I.E. the people who go to best buy and replace all of their stock speakers w/3 ways are type 2's

Me, with components, a sub and little/no rear fill is type 1.

That's what I meant, and now my above statement will be correct.

adam71
04-05-2004, 04:37 AM
whoa whoa, i mis-read, and mis-wrote mine..

i meant to say, people who enjoy lots of full range speakers all around, I.E. the people who go to best buy and replace all of their stock speakers w/3 ways are type 2's

Me, with components, a sub and little/no rear fill is type 1.

That's what I meant, and now my above statement will be correct.

By 3-ways you mean coaxials right ?

:D

sumone
04-05-2004, 10:14 AM
By 3-ways you mean coaxials right ?

best buy sells component speakers???

urwhatueati8god
04-05-2004, 11:31 AM
I'm a deuce.

adam71
04-05-2004, 07:05 PM

I don't know but I was making sure he was talking about coax speakers.

Adam

crhye250r
04-06-2004, 03:41 PM
I am a #1 mostly. As long as it is set up right.

P.S. Dbfans avatar is very nice. LOL.

limitkid7
04-07-2004, 05:44 PM
yes they do

taylor
04-08-2004, 07:47 PM
are you talking like 5.1 surround and just plain stereo??? or like having no rearfill with a dominant front stage or having a mix of rear and front...

if you are talking 5.1 and Stereo it's comparing apples to oranges....

Having 4 speakers is not considered surround....It's stereo still...

But out of both Scenarios i mentioned, i still like Absolutley no rear fill with a dominant front stage...

Even in my house i only listen to music in 2 channel....even some movies in 2 channel....but sometimes i'll bust out the 5.1

Bavarian3
04-08-2004, 07:56 PM
see sig...

limitkid7
04-08-2004, 08:04 PM
are you talking like 5.1 surround and just plain stereo??? or like having no rearfill with a dominant front stage or having a mix of rear and front...

if you are talking 5.1 and Stereo it's comparing apples to oranges....

Having 4 speakers is not considered surround....It's stereo still...

But out of both Scenarios i mentioned, i still like Absolutley no rear fill with a dominant front stage...

Even in my house i only listen to music in 2 channel....even some movies in 2 channel....but sometimes i'll bust out the 5.1

READ THE THREAD

WarDrumz
04-11-2004, 10:39 PM
I love to be surrounded in sound.

I have Infinity 693.5i's in the back, and 63.5i's in the front. I have my fader faded to the front, 7 out of 15. It sounds WONDERFUL to me. I feel right in the center of everything.

When I'm sitting straight up driving I feel in the middle. When I lean forward, it sounds the same. When I recline backward, it sounds the same. I love it. No matter where your at in my car, you feel like your surrounded in music. Right in the middle of it all.

I feel like, your not supposed to be able to locate where your sub-bass is coming from, so why should you be able to locate where your mids and highs are coming from? I've faded totally to the front, and it sounds utterly ridiculous to me. Your bass doesn't come from the front, so why should the rest of your music?

I'm totally surrounded in bass, mid-bass, treble, the works.

Left, right, forward, backward....
Right in the middle of it all!

I wouldn't have it any other way :D

taylor
04-11-2004, 11:32 PM
technically bass should come from the front....the only reason woofers go in the trunk is due to space issues upfront....(some guys do magical mods to get woofers upfront though)

everything should be from in front of you.

If you have to have woofers in the trunk, tune low and eliminate rattles so the location of your bass is harder to pinpoint

limitkid7
04-12-2004, 10:50 AM
technically bass should come from the front....the only reason woofers go in the trunk is due to space issues upfront....(some guys do magical mods to get woofers upfront though)

If you have to have woofers in the trunk, tune low and eliminate rattles so the location of your bass is harder to pinpoint

LOL, SEAT SHAKING CAN'T BE STOPPED

sumone
04-12-2004, 03:02 PM
since I only have cheap $20 4x6s in the front and some $80 6x9s in the back rear fill is a must. With my current setup, it's more like Ihave main rear, and then "front-fill", as the 6x9s overpower the 4x6s like a mofo even when gains are set even.

However, my future installation is hd-62efs in the front with a sub in the back, both powered from the same 4 channel amp. When I see how that installation sounds, then I'll get some rear fill and an individual sub amp.

what if you could put a sub in the hood....??? lol

WarDrumz
04-12-2004, 03:34 PM

Not trying to be smart or anything, but I'm not into the "technical" stuff.

I like the way music sounds when I have headphones on, and that's the way my music sounds in my car. You can't tell where ANYTHING is coming from. You feel dead center no matter where you are in my car. It's neat to me.

Sometimes when I'm on break at work, I pop in a nice track, lean back, close my eyes, and I just feel engulfed in music.

Hey, but that's what this thread is about...Peoples preference. I prefer the "surround" type.

I love it!

adam71
04-12-2004, 10:37 PM
I love to be surrounded in sound.

I have Infinity 693.5i's in the back, and 63.5i's in the front. I have my fader faded to the front, 7 out of 15. It sounds WONDERFUL to me. I feel right in the center of everything.

When I'm sitting straight up driving I feel in the middle. When I lean forward, it sounds the same. When I recline backward, it sounds the same. I love it. No matter where your at in my car, you feel like your surrounded in music. Right in the middle of it all.

I feel like, your not supposed to be able to locate where your sub-bass is coming from, so why should you be able to locate where your mids and highs are coming from? I've faded totally to the front, and it sounds utterly ridiculous to me. Your bass doesn't come from the front, so why should the rest of your music?

I'm totally surrounded in bass, mid-bass, treble, the works.

Left, right, forward, backward....
Right in the middle of it all!

I wouldn't have it any other way :D

Soooooooooo....let me get this straight...you feel like you're in the middle then??

:clap:

limitkid7
04-15-2004, 10:27 AM
i think its good to have the full sound but its good to have just a pitch of focus more on the font...

way u can do this is (if everything is equal and ur placement is equal) use ur fade button 1 notch forward :)