PDA

View Full Version : considering Cdt mids but too darn many to choose from

Ridinhi
07-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Ok, Been thinking about some new comps and looking at Cdt(persoanal preference),but too darn many to choose from. For example, Im eyeing the M6,Hd-62,esmo6. Whats the main focus of each one of these? I want some very nice midbass with good vocals to match. Ive read that one mid may focus on midbass more then midrange on one and so on. Just seeking any info on the sounds that each speaker produces. really been thinkn about the M6 matched with a 550 xover from cdt or the hd-62 matched with the 560xover. Also,is the es200us better than both xovers mentioned? So many models,its confusing.

SomeguyinPDX
07-26-2012, 02:02 PM
I feel ya. I get on their site and just go round and round without really learning whats best at what!

Dirtrider4eva
07-26-2012, 02:03 PM
mylows10 ;

Ridinhi
07-26-2012, 02:05 PM
mylows...where are you my man,help me out

PHD - USA
07-26-2012, 02:09 PM
Are you dead set on CDT?

Ridinhi
07-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Are you dead set on CDT?

well, not completely but, i had a set of the hd-62 mids once and did really like them once i got my tuning right. And i wanted to see what the difference is between the hd62's and the others mentioned.

Ridinhi
07-26-2012, 02:22 PM
I feel ya. I get on their site and just go round and round without really learning whats best at what!

exactly... i know its goes in this order,cl<hd<es...but, ive read that the hd's have more midbass than the es series

trumpet
07-27-2012, 11:30 AM
Ok, Been thinking about some new comps and looking at Cdt(persoanal preference),but too darn many to choose from. For example, Im eyeing the M6,Hd-62,esmo6. Whats the main focus of each one of these? I want some very nice midbass with good vocals to match. Ive read that one mid may focus on midbass more then midrange on one and so on. Just seeking any info on the sounds that each speaker produces. really been thinkn about the M6 matched with a 550 xover from cdt or the hd-62 matched with the 560xover. Also,is the es200us better than both xovers mentioned? So many models,its confusing.

The ES-200US crossovers add the complete UpStage system onto, I believe, the EX-560i design. If you're not using the WS-100i Imaging Tweeters there is nothing to gain for the extra expense. The EX-560i crossover has been replaced by the EX-550i.

The ES-6MO and HD-6MO mids are new for 2012. They're an all-environment design well suited for exposure to the outdoors, which is why the ES-6MO mids are in the motorcycle and marine component sets. The mounting depth is a bit more shallow than some of the other CDT mids, especially the ES-06 and ES-06+ mids.

The HD-M6 and HD-M6+ are discontinued. If you buy those from a source other than a CDT Audio dealer or the company directly you won't have a factory warranty. I can still get one pair of the HD-M6+ as B-stock with a 1 year warranty, but not the M6.

If you compare mids based on the frequency response, the ones that are rated to 6 kHz or so have the more typical midrange sound, while mids rated to 4 kHz are more like a midbass or even a subwoofer, depending on the installation. What that will get you is an easier time getting bass up front if you install them up front, but the midrange will sound dull. I hated my HD-6MDVC mids on the EX-560i crossovers, but they're amazing crossed over under 1 kHz.

What else do you have to run with mids? 1" tweeters?

Ridinhi
07-27-2012, 11:43 AM
The ES-200US crossovers add the complete UpStage system onto, I believe, the EX-560i design. If you're not using the WS-100i Imaging Tweeters there is nothing to gain for the extra expense. The EX-560i crossover has been replaced by the EX-550i.

The ES-6MO and HD-6MO mids are new for 2012. They're an all-environment design well suited for exposure to the outdoors, which is why the ES-6MO mids are in the motorcycle and marine component sets. The mounting depth is a bit more shallow than some of the other CDT mids, especially the ES-06 and ES-06+ mids.

The HD-M6 and HD-M6+ are discontinued. If you buy those from a source other than a CDT Audio dealer or the company directly you won't have a factory warranty. I can still get one pair of the HD-M6+ as B-stock with a 1 year warranty, but not the M6.

If you compare mids based on the frequency response, the ones that are rated to 6 kHz or so have the more typical midrange sound, while mids rated to 4 kHz are more like a midbass or even a subwoofer, depending on the installation. What that will get you is an easier time getting bass up front if you install them up front, but the midrange will sound dull. I hated my HD-6MDVC mids on the EX-560i crossovers, but they're amazing crossed over under 1 kHz.

What else do you have to run with mids? 1" tweeters?
man,thanks sooo much for this info. Really answered alot of my questions. As far as tweets, Im looking at the drt26's vs. the es010. and as far as tweets,how does the HD100 compare?

trumpet
07-29-2012, 02:55 PM
The ES-010 tweeters have a much bigger body than the DRT-26s. There are 3 styles of mounting cups for the DRT-26s vs. flush mount only for ES-010. HD-100 is a small-body tweeter like most traditional 1" tweeters, and they all have good power handling and good sound. DRT-26 is the only one that comes in silk, aluminum, or titanium.

keep_hope_alive
07-29-2012, 03:21 PM
If CDT ever feels like sharing specs on their website it would make comparisons easier. That link has been dead for years. All you get on the site is marketing info with poor grammar. Best thing to do is find a shop to compare or talk to one of the dealers on here.

If one of the dealers on here has links to all of the actual specs, please share.

trumpet
07-30-2012, 11:46 AM
If one of the dealers on here has links to all of the actual specs, please share.

I've gotten more detailed specs by requesting it by e-mail, and they've responded with a pdf. For whatever reasons they don't show detailed specs unless requested.

keep_hope_alive
07-30-2012, 02:34 PM
I've gotten more detailed specs by requesting it by e-mail, and they've responded with a pdf. For whatever reasons they don't show detailed specs unless requested.

they should fix their web links to provide more factual information and less marketing BS. IMO

file audio
03-11-2013, 04:26 AM
well it seems that many of us, are facing the same situation here,,,,, I WANT SOME MID BASS tight and punchy and there a lots of models to choose ,, I want the best posible sounding to match my focals krx3 and 10 inch cdt audio sub,,,,, any advises?

M6i SINGLE CDT AUDIO 6.5" MID-WOOFER SUBWOOFER CAR SPEAKER HD-M6i MIDBASS
exemple this woofer cost 100 bucks,,, really sounds good? or is better to go with a more expensive? tnx in advnce :)

trumpet
03-11-2013, 01:18 PM
well it seems that many of us, are facing the same situation here,,,,, I WANT SOME MID BASS tight and punchy and there a lots of models to choose ,, I want the best posible sounding to match my focals krx3 and 10 inch cdt audio sub,,,,, any advises?

M6i SINGLE CDT AUDIO 6.5" MID-WOOFER SUBWOOFER CAR SPEAKER HD-M6i MIDBASS
exemple this woofer cost 100 bucks,,, really sounds good? or is better to go with a more expensive? tnx in advnce :)

You can get a new pair of HD-M6 midbass drivers for $199 from an authorized dealer like me. This is the best value for strong midbass in a 6.7" driver from CDT Audio. There are a lot of companies out there selling old CDT products that have no factory warranty.