PDA

View Full Version : 2 15" kicker solo barric

butterMilk
07-22-2012, 09:58 PM
I have a ported box with 2 kicker subs, without accounting for sub displacement and port displacement the over all volume of the box is 4.48 cubic feet. Assuming the subs displacement is about .1 each, I'm trying to figure out how long I should make the port. The box came with two 4 inch round ports(inside diameter). Im not sure how long to make both of the ports. With a online calculator it said to make it 8.1 inches. Would I split that and make both of them 4 inches? Or just plug one of the ports?
Thats tuned to 27 hz, my buddy wants it to be low.

av83
07-22-2012, 10:03 PM
I have a ported box with 2 kicker subs, without accounting for sub displacement and port displacement the over all volume of the box is 4.48 cubic feet. Assuming the subs displacement is about .1 each, I'm trying to figure out how long I should make the port. The box came with two 4 inch round ports(inside diameter). Im not sure how long to make both of the ports. With a online calculator it said to make it 8.1 inches. Would I split that and make both of them 4 inches? Or just plug one of the ports?
Thats tuned to 27 hz, my buddy wants it to be low.

Box is WAY too small. And tuning that low is only going to decrease your output. You will get plenty low staying in the low 30's.

butterMilk
07-22-2012, 10:13 PM
Tuning it to 30hz says 6 inch long round port, Do i put in two 3 inch ports. Or what? Should I just cover one of the ports?