PDA

View Full Version : Cut in Power

Twista89
07-21-2012, 05:45 PM
ok so I got this weird little problem happening all of a sudden. Driving home today I went over a bump and next thing I know my driver door speaker cut out. Got back home and decided to play around with the settings and just set it so the driver door speaker plays. Re created the problem by opening and slamming the door and when it happens I noticed that the speakers are still playing its just the volume has been cut by more than half. I have component sets in the front and the tweeter and speaker driver react the same. Both still play the music its just not loud at all. If I keep shutting the door over and over the speakers usually come back to life and start playing at full volume again. Whats going on????

goingdef
07-21-2012, 05:57 PM
sounds like it may be shorting/grounding out on something usually a loose wire either works or it don't and if it does it usually has a lot of static along with it.

quackhead
07-21-2012, 07:36 PM
lol..I can just visualize...N/M

Twista89
07-21-2012, 07:38 PM
lol..I can just visualize...N/M

wow...thats ugly lol...but yea i do hear static when the music drops. I dread having to take the door apart again but oh well....

quackhead
07-21-2012, 07:45 PM
I'm with goingdef, it sounds like a speaker wire short. If it is affecting both drivers and happening when you open and close the door, it sounds like it is pinched or twisted where the wire passes through the door jam...or it could just be a loose connection at the crossover inputs

keep_hope_alive
07-22-2012, 01:09 AM
check for moisture issues also, if crossovers are actually IN doors, they'll get wet and the crossover components/connections can rust.

but yes, loose connection issues are likely. connections are the most important part and usually the worst implementation of the install.

mlstrass
07-22-2012, 06:32 AM
x2 if mid/tweet are both doing it then check the xover wiring, could be shorting on something

Show in Hammond on Sunday, Defiant Audio on Calumet. Info on their FB page.....

murph
07-22-2012, 07:14 AM
Sounds like loose crossovers in your door hence loose wires. Did you install them yourself? If not I would kick the shop owner *** for a bad install.

Twista89
07-22-2012, 08:06 AM
yea i installed them but over a year and half ago...this being the 1st issue...

Twista89
08-12-2012, 03:50 PM
Well so i finally got my lazy *** up and took the door apart, did some testing and came to the conclusion that my amp may have a bad channel??? I played around with the wires and hooked it up to a different channel and got full power back to the speakers. For now I have both my front door speakers hooked up to the same channel and it seems to be working well. I checked all the connections in the door and everything was tight. Im wondering if its the RCA input or the actual channel though. Could be either one correct???