PDA

View Full Version : New to the site, to the world of car audio, not so much.

ctdv55
07-20-2012, 03:49 AM
Hey guys (and girls) hope all is well. I've ran across this forum a few times in the past, not sure why I'm just now signing up. Oh well, anyway. For those who aren't familiar with me, I'm Chase and I live in Jasper, Alabama. My username is the same as my youtube channel and I've had some of what I'd say were decent setups in the past year and a half, but I always seem to find myself wanting more. I teamed up with James Taylor (Owner of HVCA out of Birmingham) and have been fortunate enough to allow him to work with me on the past, present, and future builds that I have going on in my vehicles. I'll try to post up some vids of my systems (past and present) shortly.

CQ

RangerDangerV2
07-20-2012, 03:50 AM
never heard of you.

ctdv55
07-20-2012, 03:56 AM
never heard of you.

Most people haven't. I'm trying to get links of my systems to load but they aren't working.

TheUnderFighter
07-20-2012, 04:44 AM
I was expecting some old school guy telling us how JL and Rockford are the best.
Nice. And you run AudioTechnix, you're good by me.

Bettr n' Revrse
07-20-2012, 05:00 AM
I was expecting some old school guy telling us how JL and Rockford are the best.

Ya that we where gunna get "schooled" lol

murph
07-20-2012, 05:05 AM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Back+In+My+Day_cab1d9_3765189.jpg

ctdv55
07-20-2012, 01:46 PM
Ya that we where gunna get "schooled" lol

No, sadly no schooling from me. Guess I could have worded my introduction post a little bit better.

ctdv55
07-20-2012, 01:47 PM
Let's try this once again, this is my current setup.

Walk around of the new vehicle and system. - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfCFLlEkMx8&feature=channel&list=UL)

CAT MAN
07-20-2012, 01:50 PM
so because i rep AT we're cool?

Let's try this once again, this is my current setup.

Walk around of the new vehicle and system. - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfCFLlEkMx8&feature=channel&list=UL)

i know you. glad to have you here.

SplAffair
07-20-2012, 01:52 PM
is that an s10 single cab in one of your videos?

ctdv55
07-20-2012, 03:18 PM
is that an s10 single cab in one of your videos?

Yeah, that was my friend Travis. He had 4 Powerbass 2XL 12"s in a blow through on 2 ASA1500.1s, decent high 140s on music system, never could break a 150 at shows though. He traded the truck off around November of last year and it's still around here with like 2 duals, a pioneer, and a sony in the box.

Bettr n' Revrse
07-20-2012, 06:36 PM
No, sadly no schooling from me. Guess I could have worded my introduction post a little bit better.

Nahhh yours was fine but most of the old school guys come in here like they are all gunna teach us a thing or two then realize they are the ones that need to learn lol...

ctdv55
07-22-2012, 12:03 AM
Nahhh yours was fine but most of the old school guys come in here like they are all gunna teach us a thing or two then realize they are the ones that need to learn lol...

Yeah, well, you know how some people are.. Hell I got into audio when I was 17 and over the past 4 years it's just been an adventure I wouldn't trade for anything what I've learned/continue to learn and the people I've met/continue to meet.. I don't claim to be an expert on anything (although I can look like one with some of the people locally..)

Bettr n' Revrse
07-22-2012, 12:06 AM
Yeah, well, you know how some people are.. Hell I got into audio when I was 17 and over the past 4 years it's just been an adventure I wouldn't trade for anything what I've learned/continue to learn and the people I've met/continue to meet.. I don't claim to be an expert on anything (although I can look like one with some of the people locally..)

I love talking about audio to locals cuz you can absolutely dumb found them in a sentence lol

ctdv55
07-22-2012, 12:08 AM
I love talking about audio to locals cuz you can absolutely dumb found them in a sentence lol

Personal favorite all time favorite have to be the ones that are like "My trunk rattles like crazy, so therefore I'm louder than you."

Bettr n' Revrse
07-22-2012, 12:13 AM
Personal favorite all time favorite have to be the ones that are like "My trunk rattles like crazy, so therefore I'm louder than you."

I like when guys have never heard the equipment I use so they instantly say its ****

ctdv55
07-22-2012, 12:18 AM
I like when guys have never heard the equipment I use so they instantly say its ****

That's a good one too. Then there's the local ******** shop owner who belittles me every time he sees me in public because I won't drop 3 grand on **** in his "EXTREME CAR AUDIO" store that he's had for the past decade. His gem piece is that junky *** 34" Audiobahn sub (that should tell you enough I'm sure.) This is also coming from an ******* who told me that I could never fit anything bigger than 8"s between my seats in my old truck and have it sound worth a ****. Showed up with 2 10"s between my seats, his jaw dropped, showed up with a 15" between my seats, he sat in it and **** a brick.