PDA

View Full Version : Interfire EF-700 vs Clarion EQS746 EQ

Superchevyman
07-17-2012, 11:12 PM
I have both and ran the Interfire previously and loved it just wondering how the Clarion stacks up against it not happy with the EQ on my pioneer x930 and only has 2 volt preouts and it seems i have to set my gain high to get power.

mylows10
07-17-2012, 11:16 PM
neither , the arc audio keq7 or autotek 7007

whitedragon551
07-17-2012, 11:18 PM
Gain isnt a volume knob.

Superchevyman
07-17-2012, 11:25 PM
Gain isnt a volume knob.

agreed but when i set my gains with a multimeter and cant get them were they need to be there is two issues either my amp or HU when i turn the level on my subwoofer setting up on the HU i get the voltage i need at the meter but i would rather leave it flat so at that point i am assuming it is a signal issue from my HU. my previous HU had 4 volt preouts and i was able to set my gains no problem with a meter.

whitedragon551
07-17-2012, 11:26 PM
agreed but when i set my gains with a multimeter and cant get them were they need to be there is two issues either my amp or HU when i turn the level on my subwoofer setting up on the HU i get the voltage i need at the meter but i would rather leave it flat so at that point i am assuming it is a signal issue from my HU. my previous HU had 4 volt preouts and i was able to set my gains no problem with a meter.

What headunit is it?

Superchevyman
07-17-2012, 11:31 PM
Pionner X930bt

trumpet
07-18-2012, 12:32 PM

If it's a subwoofer level and not a general "bass" setting that is how it's supposed to operate. You get more voltage from the pre-outs by turning the level up. The issue here is in your head, not that you have an equipment problem. 2V pre-outs is enough for your amplifier.

Superchevyman
07-18-2012, 03:03 PM
If it's a subwoofer level and not a general "bass" setting that is how it's supposed to operate. You get more voltage from the pre-outs by turning the level up. The issue here is in your head, not that you have an equipment problem. 2V pre-outs is enough for your amplifier.

Thanks that makes sense and I kind of figured that I have just always seen that debate on pre out voltage and there is a lot of mixed opinions on the subject. I messed with it yesterday and I noticed that when i wiggled the RCA inputs on my amp (AQ2200) the voltage on the meter would spike from 14-18 volts up to 28 volts and that is with the gain set a little over 3/4 so it may be a issue with the inputs on my amp.

mylows10
07-18-2012, 03:29 PM
Thanks that makes sense and I kind of figured that I have just always seen that debate on pre out voltage and there is a lot of mixed opinions on the subject. I messed with it yesterday and I noticed that when i wiggled the RCA inputs on my amp (AQ2200) the voltage on the meter would spike from 14-18 volts up to 28 volts and that is with the gain set a little over 3/4 so it may be a issue with the inputs on my amp.
if so bryant ,i know where you can get it looked at locally and fixed if needed