PDA

View Full Version : Going all JL AUDIO again.

Brock79
07-16-2012, 03:53 PM
Well I didn't want to add an amp or anything to my 2012 Edge but that plan fell through. I ordered up a pair of JL C5 650 for the front doors, C2 5x7 for the rear doors and the JL 900/5 HD amp to run it all. I might add the stealth box in the future. My goal was not SPL but more for SQ. Not 100% sure how this will all sound. Im gonna wire everything up for the sub while I have the car apart, that way if I do add the stealthbox it will be mostly just a plug and play. Keeping the stock HU as it has the Sync and touchscreen. I looked at the ID CTX and figured it is old technology and I passed. Everything should be here thursday or friday.

NoLoud4U
07-16-2012, 03:56 PM
You screwed up by having C5s and C2s. They sound totally different and the C2s are going to pull your ears to the back. They are also going to distort much faster then the C5s. If you want real SQ I would fix that.

TheUnderFighter
07-16-2012, 03:58 PM
You screwed up by having C5s and C2s. They sound totally different and the C2s are going to pull your ears to the back. They are also going to distort much faster then the C5s. If you want real SQ I would fix that.

Well if he wants real SQ he could go to MUCH better speakers over all.

NoLoud4U
07-16-2012, 04:01 PM

C5s are refrence level and installed in some top level SQ cars. not my thing but they are pretty good for the money if thats what you are looking for.

snoopdan
07-16-2012, 04:04 PM
JL ? this is ca.com, we don't like JL

Why So Cereal?
07-16-2012, 04:05 PM

He could always turn the C2s down which would be necessary for real SQ anyway. I think it'll be fine like that.

Nice choice OP

TheUnderFighter
07-16-2012, 04:17 PM
C5s are refrence level and installed in some top level SQ cars. not my thing but they are pretty good for the money if thats what you are looking for.

I know the C5's are good. But JL sub in stealth box? Not SQ. JL amp, eh SQ, definitely a rip off. And running the C2's in the rear... no.

kushy_dreams
07-16-2012, 04:18 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XOaiRN0pNmA/TfzrrmOi1eI/AAAAAAAAE5Q/l9GBd2WkceU/s1600/pissing+match.gif

NoLoud4U
07-16-2012, 05:31 PM
I know the C5's are good. But JL sub in stealth box? Not SQ. JL amp, eh SQ, definitely a rip off. And running the C2's in the rear... no.

The stealth box is a huge rip off but a ton of research goes into them. Some are great some are not any better then some factory subs I've heard.

CHEMMINS
07-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Can do better for the money invested.

JL Audio
07-16-2012, 05:39 PM
**** you too.

I is high maintenance.

<3

JL Audio
07-16-2012, 05:39 PM
**** you too.

I is high maintenance.

<3

Brock79
07-16-2012, 06:04 PM
Can do better for the money invested. This would only be because you are assuming what I paid, and not knowing what I paid. And for the money I spent, NO I really couldn't have done better. My buddy is an authorized JL dealer and im getting everything at his cost which is alot less than onlinecarstero or sonicelectronics. Plus im getting the warranty with everything from JL. As for the Stealthbos, yea I could buy a better sub and have a better box, but I want everything to remain as stock as possible. And since I didn't buy my Edge with the Sony premium sound which comes with a sub, I currently have no sub. The Stealthbox will fit under the rear panel where the stock sub would be. So this is the best choice without having something custom made and fitting in that same area. I might switch the sub out with a W6, I called JL and they said it will work in that enclosure, but the amp might not be enough for it.

murph
07-16-2012, 06:06 PM
C5's sounds great when installed properly. I agree that the C2's were a bad mix. The C5's are laid back comps and will not mix well with rear fill that doesn't fit the same bill.

Brock79
07-16-2012, 06:08 PM
You screwed up by having C5s and C2s. They sound totally different and the C2s are going to pull your ears to the back. They are also going to distort much faster then the C5s. If you want real SQ I would fix that.NOt if you adjust the gains properly on the amp and they are coaxils not components. This will be a filler and will not distort or draw my ears back. In my Maxima I have 2 sets of the ZR's in the doors and 6x9's in the rear deck. No distortion and it all works well with each other. I did consider other speakers and brands but alot of things suggested were either old technology, companies out of business or speakers that are not known to last and stand up over time. I looked at Focal and Morel alot but all the research and the ones I did hear in person did not impress me at all.

Brock79
07-16-2012, 06:10 PM
C5's sounds great when installed properly. I agree that the C2's were a bad mix. The C5's are laid back comps and will not mix well with rear fill that doesn't fit the same bill.

Its all in how you adjust everything. I have heard 100 dollar speakers sound better than 700 dollar ones just because they set up of them were all wrong.

murph
07-16-2012, 06:11 PM
Its all in how you adjust everything. I have heard 100 dollar speakers sound better than 700 dollar ones just because they set up of them were all wrong.

They install them wrong. Hit up Sound Deadener Showdown and you will be happy with the results.

Brock79
07-16-2012, 06:12 PM
What would you guys suggest over C2's? as filler speakers in the rear and I don't wanna hear the crap about only using front speakers. I could step up to 2 sets of C5's or C3's in the rear.

murph

They install them wrong. Hit up Sound Deadener Showdown and you will be happy with the results.

Why So Cereal?
If u heard em, liked em and got em at prices cheaper than online. You, sir, are a winner despite what anyone has to say.

Brock79
What would you guys suggest over C2's? as filler speakers in the rear and I don't wanna hear the crap about only using front speakers. I could step up to 2 sets of C5's or C3's in the rear.

Why So Cereal?
07-16-2012, 06:14 PM
If u can afford to, it doesn't hurt to step up to C5s. I still think the C2s would be fine in the rear given some attenuation

CHEMMINS
07-16-2012, 07:34 PM
depends which size you can fit, and what passband you want for rear fill. I would think something in the 500-5k range would be suitable.

Brock79
07-16-2012, 08:56 PM
The stock speakers are 5x7/6x8. I would have to chose from JL, Alpine, MB Quartz(crap IMO) o

TheUnderFighter
07-16-2012, 09:05 PM
I might switch the sub out with a W6, I called JL and they said it will work in that enclosure, but the amp might not be enough for it.
That one I do doubt. Much better and more powerful and larger sub... working in the same volume box? Just doesn't add up. I'm sure it will be fine with the W3.

The stock speakers are 5x7/6x8. I would have to chose from JL, Alpine, MB Quartz(crap IMO) o

Maybe think about some 5 1/4" adapters to broaden your options?

whitedragon551
07-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Id > jl

destined2race
07-16-2012, 09:13 PM
the sub channel on the 900/5 is fine for a w6. My friend is an installer at a large JL retailer and he runs 2 12w6's each with there own 900/5 in his escalade ext. He runs ZRs in the fronts and c5s in the rear if i remember correctly.

Brock79
07-16-2012, 09:28 PM
Id > jlThose ID's are outdated and just old.

whitedragon551
07-16-2012, 09:30 PM
Those ID's are outdated and just old.

Outdated and old doesnt mean less SQ. Im sure the Denon headunits are junk as well.

Brock79
07-16-2012, 09:31 PM
I thought about 5.25 speakers but I would still be in the same boat. Trying to get everything through my friends shop. So I either get great deals on what he can get or spend more on stuff he doesn't normally deal with or get it from somewhere else. He does deal with Kicker as well and a few lower brands. I was trying to add that earlier but my phone sent that and then lost its 3G. Im gonna leave the JLW3 in there and see what it sounds like. Im not looking to set off car alarms or anything like that and the W3 should fill in the lows just fine.

Brock79
07-16-2012, 09:33 PM
Outdated and old doesnt mean less SQ. Im sure the Denon headunits are junk as well.Didn't even know Denon made HU's. But then again they are pulling out their Boston Acoustics line out of car audio. And yes Denon does own Boston Acoustics. And there is a reson for advance in technology, im sure the ID's were great in the time thy were out, but there is a reason companies make new lines and move on away from the old lines. Better products.

whitedragon551
07-16-2012, 09:34 PM
Didn't even know Denon made HU's. But then again they are pulling out their Boston Acoustics line out of car audio. And yes Denon does own Boston Acoustics.

Actually Denon does not own BA. D&M holdings owns both. They are 2 separate companies under the D&M ownership.

Brock79
07-16-2012, 09:36 PM
Actually Denon does not own BA. D&M holdings owns both. They are 2 separate companies under the D&M ownership.Nope Denon owns BA and Marants(not sure if the spelling is correct). And how do I know? Been to a few parties with some higher ups in Denon.

NoLoud4U
07-16-2012, 09:37 PM
Do you think the C5s are some new design? They are not. The tweeters can't even cross lower the 4k. You feel for the BS sir, but you should still be happy for what you are looking for.

whitedragon551
07-16-2012, 09:38 PM
Nope Denon owns BA and Marants(not sure if the spelling is correct). And how do I know? Been to a few parties with some higher ups in Denon.

Im sure D&M just lied on their home page that they own Denon, BA, McIntosh, and Marantz then.

DM Group + Performance is everything (http://www.dmglobal.com/Pages/Home.aspx)

Brock79
07-17-2012, 09:39 AM
Do you think the C5s are some new design? They are not. The tweeters can't even cross lower the 4k. You feel for the BS sir, but you should still be happy for what you are looking for.

Fall for the BS? Did you not read where im getting a ridiculous price for these? And the C5's are a newer tech than the ID's. And just because they cant go under 4kthe does not make them bad speakers. I could have went with the ZR's but i already have them in my Maxima and im not looking to go that far on this car. I could have went with Focal Utopias as well, but not looking to crazy. Just looking to do a decent upgrade over stock and this fits the bill.

NoLoud4U
07-17-2012, 09:52 AM
Fall for the BS? Did you not read where im getting a ridiculous price for these? And the C5's are a newer tech than the ID's. And just because they cant go under 4kthe does not make them bad speakers. I could have went with the ZR's but i already have them in my Maxima and im not looking to go that far on this car. I could have went with Focal Utopias as well, but not looking to crazy. Just looking to do a decent upgrade over stock and this fits the bill.

The ZRs are just a more aggressive C5.. What NEW TECH do you think they have? I'm not saying you made a bad choice for what your looking for, the Hertz Mille would of been a better option but not for what you paid. I have the ZR800s in my door which are supposed to be "new tech" but I can tell you all they are is a small W6. a 10 ear old design in minature. Hydrid and Hertz has a lot more advances in their line up.

gunz4me2
07-17-2012, 10:14 AM
the sub channel on the 900/5 is fine for a w6. My friend is an installer at a large JL retailer and he runs 2 12w6's each with there own 900/5 in his escalade ext. He runs ZRs in the fronts and c5s in the rear if i remember correctly.

I ran a 13w6v2 loaded Stealthbox in my 2006 Mustang GT off the sub channel on a 900/5. As long as the OP isn't looking to break 150 decibels on a TL, the 900/5 will be fine for the application. I'm still considering going with a pair of 900/5s in my WRX, but I decided to use equipment that I currently own first, lol.

Brock79
07-17-2012, 11:06 AM
This all begin when i was just gonna replace the factory stock. Just went a little past stock but not looking to be super loud. Just upgrading the system really. The factory unit can hardly be heard with the windows down doing 60. And the ID's are about 20 year old tech. Maybe older.

NoLoud4U
07-17-2012, 11:10 AM
This all begin when i was just gonna replace the factory stock. Just went a little past stock but not looking to be super loud. Just upgrading the system really. The factory unit can hardly be heard with the windows down doing 60. And the ID's are about 20 year old tech. Maybe older.

You keep saying this but you have said nothing to explain whats new about the C series... You sir have lost all credibility before you even started. Your opinion means nothing.

The_Grimy_One
07-17-2012, 11:11 AM
This should be a nice set up! I always wanted a 900/5 but I need more sub power! As for speaker choice, it's good, but image dynamics would destroy anything JL makes. That's simple. iDMax > any JL sub. The XS components are better than the ZR. I can not speak on their amps. Lastly, old technology is what JL prides themselves sub wise.

disturbed471985
07-17-2012, 11:14 AM

You sir have zero idea about the things u spew from ur mouth.. ID owns JL deal with it son... May hurt but its the truth.

Why So Cereal?
07-17-2012, 12:23 PM
I disagree with the whole ID tech being old thing the OP keeps saying, but, why so much hostility from everyone?

Honestly, the guy got JLs for a killer price. The main issue ppl have with JL is the price and when that's altered, well, what else can u say? You can't seriously say JL is garbage. I doubt the ID CTXs will out perform the C5s as they are just in different leagues IMO.

It's been proven that JL wins SQ comps everything from his C5s up front to the w3 sub...both have succeeded in SQ comps and when it's all setup correctly, his setup will likely sound better than half the systems on this forum and he'll have paid the same if not less than some of you. But, he's doing it wrong? Come on son.

Brock79
07-17-2012, 01:25 PM
You keep saying this but you have said nothing to explain whats new about the C series... You sir have lost all credibility before you even started. Your opinion means nothing.

My car my money my decision. That means everything. ID is out if business that should be enough said. If they were as good as you think they are they would still be around. Isn't that enough said? You have no credibility with me at all. So why do you run hertz and not ID's?

Brock79
07-17-2012, 01:28 PM
You sir have zero idea about the things u spew from ur mouth.. ID owns JL deal with it son... May hurt but its the truth.

It's hard to be a better company when the company no longer exist. I heard some ID's yesterday and was not impressed. Sounded like muffled noise. Granted the kid might not have had the crossover right but still not impressed. He had them on an alpine pdx fx6.

NoLoud4U
07-17-2012, 01:30 PM
My car my money my decision. That means everything. ID is out if business that should be enough said. If they were as good as you think they are they would still be around. Isn't that enough said? You have no credibility with me at all. So why do you run hertz and not ID's?

Im not saying ID is better, I dont care. I want to know what you think is the new tech.. You seem to keep saying that but have backed it up with nothing. Oh and just for your knowledge, ID is not out of business. I figured someone with your keen knowledge would know that.

JoshC
07-17-2012, 01:39 PM
Shoulda went CDT, although the 900/5 although expensive(but u got discount) is a SUPER nice amp. Ide love to run one in the girls truck

NoLoud4U
07-17-2012, 01:45 PM
Shoulda went CDT, although the 900/5 although expensive(but u got discount) is a SUPER nice amp. Ide love to run one in the girls truck

I wouldnt say he made the wrong choice if the money was right for what he thinks he wants. He just seems like the stereotypical JL fanboy, he only knows what his local salesman has told him.

JoshC
07-17-2012, 03:17 PM
I wouldnt say he made the wrong choice if the money was right for what he thinks he wants. He just seems like the stereotypical JL fanboy, he only knows what his local salesman has told him.

Yea but i like my CDTs more then any set ive ever heard and ive heard several JL sets. Although my tweets are a tad bright for me, but i just dial em back

Brock79
07-17-2012, 05:25 PM

JL fanboy NOT. I have heard a few other sets and I have owned other brands before as well. But put it this way I spent under 500 for everything Im getting. For that price there is nothing else avalible in that range that is even comparable. I could have went with the new Type R's for the same price as well. I just like the way the C5's sounded. I was gonna go with the PDX amp as well the V9 but it is just a little bit longer than the JL amp and won't fit behind the panel I want to hide it under. I have never owned a JL amp prior to this. Always had Alpine PDX, Rockford and Phoinex Gold when they were still american made. If you want to know the difference in Tech go look it up. Also ID is out of business. That company no longer exists and if you think it does you are WRONG. And get back to the topic of my thread or get off my thread.

NoLoud4U
07-17-2012, 05:33 PM
JL fanboy NOT. I have heard a few other sets and I have owned other brands before as well. But put it this way I spent under 500 for everything Im getting. For that price there is nothing else avalible in that range that is even comparable. I could have went with the new Type R's for the same price as well. I just like the way the C5's sounded. I was gonna go with the PDX amp as well the V9 but it is just a little bit longer than the JL amp and won't fit behind the panel I want to hide it under. I have never owned a JL amp prior to this. Always had Alpine PDX, Rockford and Phoinex Gold when they were still american made. If you want to know the difference in Tech go look it up. Also ID is out of business. That company no longer exists and if you think it does you are WRONG. And get back to the topic of my thread or get off my thread.

I looked it up. Its the same **** everyother reference speaker has in it with a new JL funny name. If there is something I'm missing please educate me, I'm always open. And ID isnt out of business they have swapped ownership. They where bought by powerbass. PB hasnt messed with enough to screw them up yet. Imagedynamicusa.net - Deliver the absolute finest in musical reproduction (http://imagedynamicsusa.net/)

skylineTT
07-17-2012, 05:48 PM
I think all of the hostility is spawned because this guy comes here and tries to feed us a load of crap that we all know is untrue. If he's happy, then fine, but don't come around here with all that "JL is new technology" crap. That is why the w7 has only changed colors since it's debut forever ago. Go ahead and do as you please, be happy with your choices, and stfu.

Brock79
07-17-2012, 06:45 PM
Get off my thread and stfu if you dont have anything productive to add. Yea ID is out of business and the speakers are almost 20 years old so yea something 10 years old would be newer in comparison. You really arent that bright at all.

Brock79
07-17-2012, 06:46 PM
I think all of the hostility is spawned because this guy comes here and tries to feed us a load of crap that we all know is untrue. If he's happy, then fine, but don't come around here with all that "JL is new technology" crap. That is why the w7 has only changed colors since it's debut forever ago. Go ahead and do as you please, be happy with your choices, and stfu.
The hostility was aimed at me first. So think what you want but if you were to read the entire thread you would have known that. Obviously you didnt read it.

NoLoud4U
07-17-2012, 06:47 PM
Get off my thread and stfu if you dont have anything productive to add. Yea ID is out of business and the speakers are almost 20 years old so yea something 10 years old would be newer in comparison. You really arent that bright at all.

Do you see the website I linked? It looks to still be in business. Are you this much of a dip $hit? Or are you just stupid?

Now there is hostility cause you can not answer a simple question about what you think you know.. And you keep saying stuff that is just BS. First Denon now ID

Beerdrnkr
07-17-2012, 06:49 PM
I would've went with Morels personally. JL's components are the only thing they make that I really don't like. Focal would've been a little better too, although I'm not that big of a fan of their stuff either.

skylineTT
07-17-2012, 06:52 PM
The hostility was aimed at me first. So think what you want but if you were to read the entire thread you would have known that. Obviously you didnt read it.

Duh the hostility was aimed at you, retard. You're the person who I am talking about. You came around here with JL's ******* tightly wrapped around your neck, trying to tell reputable and knowledgable members that JL is new technology compared to other speakers. They might be a newer line, but the tech hasn't changed. You think I'm not bright? You can't accurately comprehend the accusations toward you and make a convincing or even critically thought response. Did JL list on their brochure that ID is out of business too?

JoshC
07-17-2012, 06:58 PM
hahahaha this dudes in way over his head

:popcorn:

skylineTT
07-17-2012, 07:01 PM
hahahaha this dudes in way over his head

:popcorn:

n00bz these days. :rolleyes:

wenn_du_weinst
07-17-2012, 07:13 PM
JL is better then what 1/2 this forum runs, and better then 90% of peoples front stages. That being said, of course I can get better or sound better, but if you like the logo on the cone go for it.

NoLoud4U
07-17-2012, 07:19 PM
I don't give a **** what he runs or what half the people on here run. I don't like the guy cause he talks out of his ***.

wenn_du_weinst
07-17-2012, 07:25 PM
I don't give a **** what he runs or what half the people on here run. I don't like the guy cause he talks out of his ***.

http://rlv.zcache.com/big_boy_pants_postcard-p239787216353266460qibm_400.jpg

NoLoud4U
07-17-2012, 07:28 PM
http://rlv.zcache.com/big_boy_pants_postcard-p239787216353266460qibm_400.jpg

Fck you wenn

whitedragon551
07-17-2012, 07:29 PM

ID isnt out of business because they built junk. They arent out of business at all. Eric Stevens partner wanted to go a different direction with the company that Eric disagreed with . Eric Stevens, the man behind the operation, left. Eric Stevens went to Powerbass.

I suppose Eclipse is also junk because they stopped selling in the US market as well.

wenn_du_weinst
07-17-2012, 07:31 PM
I thought ID was going to still operate?

whitedragon551
07-17-2012, 07:32 PM
I thought ID was going to still operate?

They are. Read my post above.

wenn_du_weinst
07-17-2012, 07:34 PM
I did read your post, which makes it sound like ID closed down. Oh well I only want some id max 12's I can get those when ever.

whitedragon551
07-17-2012, 07:35 PM
I did read your post, which makes it sound like ID closed down. Oh well I only want some id max 12's I can get those when ever.

They partner who Eric Stevens left is still there.

Why So Cereal?
07-17-2012, 07:36 PM
Im kind of interested in doing an all ID build after hearing those CTXs. Higher lines ofcourse though

wenn_du_weinst
07-17-2012, 07:37 PM
I think I would actually rather get a w7 over an IDmax.
princ3cmo I would look else where for amps if your going to spend that much.

kushy_dreams
07-17-2012, 07:39 PM
too many huggers itt

wenn_du_weinst
07-17-2012, 07:40 PM
With a matching avatar and sig it's hard to call some one else a nuthugger.
edit: and my avatar is Brax not mcintosh :)

Why So Cereal?
07-17-2012, 07:41 PM
I think I would actually rather get a w7 over an IDmax.
princ3cmo I would look else where for amps if your going to spend that much.

Yea, I was wondering about their amps. I know the comps are good and so many people swear by the subs. I think it'd be interesting.
I would try and do an all JL SQL build that meters well and competes SQ but I still doubt that'd help with the bashing.

wenn_du_weinst
07-17-2012, 07:42 PM
they arn't bad, they just arn't the best in their price range. After I get done with the sa's I'll be going 13w7''

Why So Cereal?
07-17-2012, 07:45 PM
they arn't bad, they just arn't the best in their price range. After I get done with the sa's I'll be going 13w7''

I'm working on getting that Blazer we talked about and I was considering two 13w7s. I know a guy with two for a good price right now.

wenn_du_weinst
07-17-2012, 07:47 PM
they do get loud, they deff don't like over rms power though. I was planing on using mine in a tapered tline on 1k or so.

Brock79
07-17-2012, 08:10 PM
Noobz? I have been running systems for over 17 years. A noob no i am not. And no one is nuthugging JL. Maybe you are just to ignorant or ignoring the fact that im getting all of this for 500. So what other speakers and amp can you get for that price brand new with a warranty? That was my point and the reason behind me going with all JL. Do you get it this time? Are you smart enough to comprehend that? I dont know how much better i could spell out for you. But i guess you dont understand because i told you to get back to the topic of the thread or stay off of it. Yet you dont understand that either. And you never answered why you dont run ID's? Answer the question or get off my D*%#.

Brock79
07-17-2012, 08:15 PM
So back to tooic what would you guys suggest in the rear instead of the C2's? By the way im not gonna respond to the retarded replies on here.

NoLoud4U
07-17-2012, 08:20 PM
I run Hertz cause it's new technology. Joking but it's way more advanced then any JL speaker.

On topic. If you fade out the C2s it will be fine. If you don't have anyone in the back fade them all the way out.

wenn_du_weinst
07-17-2012, 08:22 PM
I run Hertz cause it's new technology. Joking but it's way more advanced then any JL speaker.

On topic. If you fade out the C2s it will be fine. If you don't have anyone in the back fade them all the way out.

actually there are some jl speakers that make the hertz sound cheap.

NoLoud4U
07-17-2012, 08:24 PM
actually there are some jl speakers that make the hertz sound cheap.

If you compare price points hertz owns them. Atleast with my ears. I could of got any set of splits I wanted. Mine took the prize.

wenn_du_weinst
07-17-2012, 08:27 PM
um no, the hertz cost more....

Imtjnotu
07-17-2012, 08:29 PM
W7 is an old outdated driver get over it people

wenn_du_weinst
07-17-2012, 08:36 PM
W7 is an old outdated driver get over it people

so is the 2005 XXX but it's still one of the best drivers made.

NoLoud4U
07-17-2012, 08:50 PM
um no, the hertz cost more....

Oh really? I would take, I did take the ESK over the C3 and below. JL has nothing that can touch the HSK XL or Mille. The ZR and HSK are comparable with the HSK having the better top end. ZR cost more.

wenn_du_weinst
07-17-2012, 08:52 PM
what ever you have to tell your self man.

Imtjnotu
07-17-2012, 09:19 PM
so is the 2005 XXX but it's still one of the best drivers made.
very different drivers we are talking about here:slap:

skylineTT
07-18-2012, 02:25 AM
Noobz? I have been running systems for over 17 years. A noob no i am not. And no one is nuthugging JL. Maybe you are just to ignorant or ignoring the fact that im getting all of this for 500. So what other speakers and amp can you get for that price brand new with a warranty? That was my point and the reason behind me going with all JL. Do you get it this time? Are you smart enough to comprehend that? I dont know how much better i could spell out for you. But i guess you dont understand because i told you to get back to the topic of the thread or stay off of it. Yet you dont understand that either. And you never answered why you dont run ID's? Answer the question or get off my D*%#.

Lol, I know people who have been "running systems" for 30 years and still don't get it. It seems that you are nuthugging because you keep talking about how much better JL's equipment is than other products that are clearly better. I get ID direct at cost, as well as all of the other crap you're looking at so I would have a LOT of options in that price range. Are you not able to get other stuff at cost, or is it only the JL stuff that he can't sell?

UnderFire
07-18-2012, 02:40 AM
So much butthurt ITT...

It's a **** speaker, how much technology do you think is different from 10 years ago.

04silverz
07-18-2012, 02:44 AM
Op can't honestly say he didn't expect a reaction like this when he posted having all jl on this forum.
Good score though for 500 bucks for all three. Just goes to show how bad the mark up is. Amp alone is over 500 even on internet stores. I'd run the sane setup if given the opportunity for that price. If for nothing else other than just to see how it stacks up

Fi_
07-18-2012, 03:48 AM
Well I didn't want to add an amp or anything to my 2012 Edge but that plan fell through. I ordered up a pair of JL C5 650 for the front doors, C2 5x7 for the rear doors and the JL 900/5 HD amp to run it all. I might add the stealth box in the future. My goal was not SPL but more for SQ. Not 100% sure how this will all sound. Im gonna wire everything up for the sub while I have the car apart, that way if I do add the stealthbox it will be mostly just a plug and play. Keeping the stock HU as it has the Sync and touchscreen. I looked at the ID CTX and figured it is old technology and I passed. Everything should be here thursday or friday.

Let me know how you like those C5 650's I was looking at getting 4 pairs of those for my Trailblazer.

disturbed471985
07-18-2012, 04:55 AM
It's hard to be a better company when the company no longer exist. I heard some ID's yesterday and was not impressed. Sounded like muffled noise. Granted the kid might not have had the crossover right but still not impressed. He had them on an alpine pdx fx6.

Hmm maybe learn why the company did kinda go under before u run ur mouth. Has not a thing to do with ID products not being good.. Go find out why and then you can be informed about the stuff you say... Run JL idc but dnt ever say they are the end of all ends cause I could name a dozen other companys that would butt hump JL right out the parking lot. Glad u got a good price thats the only good thing..

Fi_
07-18-2012, 05:10 AM

For what they cost I have heard from a ton of big timers like Richard Mallard and a few others that the C2's are incredible... I've heard a pair myself and for the price I don't think they can be beat.

Bettr n' Revrse
07-18-2012, 05:27 AM
Gay

Brock79
07-18-2012, 11:43 AM
Lol, I know people who have been "running systems" for 30 years and still don't get it. It seems that you are nuthugging because you keep talking about how much better JL's equipment is than other products that are clearly better. I get ID direct at cost, as well as all of the other crap you're looking at so I would have a LOT of options in that price range. Are you not able to get other stuff at cost, or is it only the JL stuff that he can't sell?You are clearly a MORON that can not comprehend what you read. The only speaker I talked about besides the JL's were the ID's NO other speaker was ever mentioned in comparison. Stop nuthuggin my D@$% and get off of it.

Brock79
07-18-2012, 11:44 AM
I should have everything in on Saturday. Delivery is for tomorrow, should only take me a few hours to do. I already have the car taken apart ready to go.

Brock79
07-18-2012, 11:46 AM
Gay

WOW your vocabulary is very expansive. Did you hurt your brain on that one?

NoLoud4U
07-18-2012, 11:53 AM
You are clearly a MORON that can not comprehend what you read. The only speaker I talked about besides the JL's were the ID's NO other speaker was ever mentioned in comparison. Stop nuthuggin my D@$% and get off of it.

Who is the Moron? That guy or the one that keep saying ID is out of business when they cleary are not? That would be you sir. People are hating you more then your equipment choice, your a tool that cant even say he was wrong... You have been proven wrong twice now and you still keep saying the same **** thing.

Brock79
07-18-2012, 03:40 PM
Who is the Moron? That guy or the one that keep saying ID is out of business when they cleary are not? That would be you sir. People are hating you more then your equipment choice, your a tool that cant even say he was wrong... You have been proven wrong twice now and you still keep saying the same **** thing.Hate all you want, ID IS OUT OF BUSINESS. Think what you want but it is a known FACT they NO longer EXIST. A company bought the ID name, and it is now under a new name, but ID no longer EXIST.

NoLoud4U
07-18-2012, 03:43 PM
Hate all you want, ID IS OUT OF BUSINESS. Think what you want but it is a known FACT they NO longer EXIST. A company bought the ID name, and it is now under a new name, but ID no longer EXIST.

Yep, you sir have just proved my point. You are the moron.

Brock79
07-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Hmm maybe learn why the company did kinda go under before u run ur mouth. Has not a thing to do with ID products not being good.. Go find out why and then you can be informed about the stuff you say... Run JL idc but dnt ever say they are the end of all ends cause I could name a dozen other companys that would butt hump JL right out the parking lot. Glad u got a good price thats the only good thing..

Yet another guy who doesn't understand what he reads. Show me where I said JL's are the best speakers "end of all ends", I bet you can't because I never said that. You know it's a good thing this isn't something in court because the lawyers would rip you guys apart, He said this and he said that. You guys keep telling me im saying all this stuff but yet it isn't written anywhere on here, where is it? I want to see it! People are so ignorant today. And yes ID IS OUT OF BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERE IS A DIFFERENCE IN BEING BOUGHT OUT AND BEING IN BUSINESS. You get bought out for your name and then the new company says yea we sell the ID speaker but under this name now, and 2 years later they change the speaker to make it more cost effective. Now it is no longer the same speaker thus putting and end to ID as you know it and leading to them being out of business.

NoLoud4U
07-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Yet another guy who doesn't understand what he reads. Show me where I said JL's are the best speakers "end of all ends", I bet you can't because I never said that. You know it's a good thing this isn't something in court because the lawyers would rip you guys apart, He said this and he said that. You guys keep telling me im saying all this stuff but yet it isn't written anywhere on here, where is it? I want to see it! People are so ignorant today. And yes ID IS OUT OF BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERE IS A DIFFERENCE IN BEING BOUGHT OUT AND BEING IN BUSINESS. You get bought out for your name and then the new company says yea we sell the ID speaker but under this name now, and 2 years later they change the speaker to make it more cost effective. Now it is no longer the same speaker thus putting and end to ID as you know it and leading to them being out of business.

Did you read what WhiteDragon posted about ID? Thats the truth. Eric left not the entire ownership.

Brock79
07-18-2012, 03:53 PM
Yep, you sir have just proved my point. You are the moron.

You are the MORON, do you understand what it means when a business buys out another business? It means they buy it out for the name and then they change the product to be more cost effective to make more money. Thus ending the ID line as you know it and ending the ID line all together. So YES THEY ARE OUT OF BUSINESS.

skylineTT
07-18-2012, 06:19 PM
Lol, all of the other crap you mentioned were the JL products that you own and asked about. I get all of it at cost. You're such an idiot. It baffles me that you keep trying to insult me when you display mental retardation in almost every post. I guess stupid people are too stupid to realize that they are stupid. :rolleyes: Just leave the forums. Clearly I'm not the one having trouble with comprehension.

Bettr n' Revrse
07-18-2012, 06:45 PM
WOW your vocabulary is very expansive. Did you hurt your brain on that one?

Who are you now?

renswic
07-19-2012, 02:17 AM
Wow, hop on the forum after work and see a new build that is up to 7 pages. Figured sweet something to read and relax before bed. What a bummer, 7 pages of a pissing match between 'the stuff i run is better then the stuff you run' fanboys.

OP one thing I have noticed about any car related forum is that no one seems to under stand that 90% of the people on them are using THEIR own money to do it. Rock your JL stuff, if these guys want to send you what they think is better then by all means take their advice.

Beerdrnkr
07-19-2012, 01:14 PM
I'm surprised I didn't get more **** in my build log, since I'm running some JL equipment.

Beerdrnkr
07-19-2012, 01:19 PM
Who is the Moron? That guy or the one that keep saying ID is out of business when they cleary are not? That would be you sir. People are hating you more then your equipment choice, your a tool that cant even say he was wrong... You have been proven wrong twice now and you still keep saying the same **** thing.

It might as well be out of business. I know I won't be buying equipment from them anytime soon after going with powerbass. Bottom line is that he heard a comparison between the two companies products and liked one more than the other, so he went with it. I don't know what the big fuss is all about???

Brock79
07-20-2012, 03:32 PM
Ok I got all my equipment today, Everything looks good and nothing damaged in shipping. Tomorrow will be the install day and I will find out how the C2's and C5's play off of each other. And thanks to the members who understand the whole point of this thread. I'm gonna run it without the sub for at least 2 weeks and see if it has enough midbass to keep me happy. Otherwise I will throw in the stealthbox or make my own enclosure.

Brock79
07-22-2012, 05:12 PM
Got everything in yesterday. So far it sounds good, not as great as the ZR's although i expected that. Still nessing around with the exact settings. I might add a bitone processor and ditch the line outs. Im happy with the C5's and the C2's. The amp drives the speakers good. I havent cranked it up though and the midbass from the C5's are better than expected. With the processor i believe it will be better and smoother. Im still leaning towards a sub though. Just because a system needs it pretty much no matter what you run up front. Would i buy the C5's and C2 again? As of right now, yea

winkychevelle
07-22-2012, 05:25 PM
Got everything in yesterday. So far it sounds good, not as great as the ZR's although i expected that. Still nessing around with the exact settings. I might add a bitone processor and ditch the line outs. Im happy with the C5's and the C2's. The amp drives the speakers good. I havent cranked it up though and the midbass from the C5's are better than expected. With the processor i believe it will be better and smoother. Im still leaning towards a sub though. Just because a system needs it pretty much no matter what you run up front. Would i buy the C5's and C2 again? As of right now, yea

just saying ive sat in many sq cars where i could turn off the sub and not miss it. the hybrid audio legatia 8inch mid is one of the drivers i have fell in love with because of this but this is all install dependent. if you had the custom work done to have your speakers installed correctly you may feel the same way. my ultimo 10s are crossed at 60hz and the mids will play well down to 40hz so really my sub only plays 25-40hz out of necessity. crossing my mids higher allows me to run more power 300w rms each without fear of damaging them

wenn_du_weinst
07-22-2012, 05:27 PM
you still need a subwoofer in sq systems, they are just set up properly to fill in and not overpower.

winkychevelle
07-22-2012, 05:35 PM
you still need a subwoofer in sq systems, they are just set up properly to fill in and not overpower.

i agree but for someone who just wants nice sound for listening to country music and the such any real bass under 40hz overpowers the mid and highs due to the way country music is recorded. though classical, rap, pop, and the occasional rock band do rely on low frequencies.

me personally listening to mostly country music i either turn my subs almost off or off and drop my high-pass filter to 50hz and im set ive got nice kick and plenty of mid i really fell like i wasted my money on my two ultimos and the arc se2300 to push them.

wenn_du_weinst
07-22-2012, 05:37 PM
i agree but for someone who just wants nice sound for listening to country music and the such any real bass under 40hz overpowers the mid and highs due to the way country music is recorded. though classical, rap, pop, and the occasional rock band do rely on low frequencies.

me personally listening to mostly country music i either turn my subs almost off or off and drop my high-pass filter to 50hz and im set ive got nice kick and plenty of mid i really fell like i wasted my money on my two ultimos and the arc se2300 to push them.
why do you shut them off? I have never understood why people do this. I have yet to find a song that my subs interfere with, and knowing those subs there is no way they are to intrusive.

winkychevelle
07-22-2012, 06:04 PM
why do you shut them off? I have never understood why people do this. I have yet to find a song that my subs interfere with, and knowing those subs there is no way they are to intrusive.

unfortunately alot of the country songs i listen to have a pretty large peak in the 40-50hz range for what ever reason. and i turn them off due to the variances in the peaks i dont have a bass knob atm and the radio adjustment is a pita to get to for every other song

wenn_du_weinst
07-22-2012, 06:07 PM
oh, yeah I don't adjust mine at all, it stays where it is set 100% of the time.

winkychevelle
07-22-2012, 06:18 PM
oh, yeah I don't adjust mine at all, it stays where it is set 100% of the time.

i love my set up for most everything just the occasional song makes me want to adjust me setup which then makes it sound different of other songs and i screw everything up over time. so i just turn the sub off for a few songs then back on for the next song classical music is quite amazing in my truck. the down fire box with the two ultimo 10s just digs real deep 25hz is a movement but it is quite apparent. i love listening to a cello or organ

Brock79
07-22-2012, 06:46 PM
I listen to alot of country but it still needs a sub. Also i have noticed when playing CD's in the car there is bass lacking. Yet the same song through the ipod will have the bass. The sirius sat also is different channel to channel. This is the main reason i wanna try a processor. I also doubt any SQ competitor is running a stock HU as well.

husker77
07-22-2012, 06:51 PM
So where is the "build" in your build log?

:needpics::needpics::needpics:

Brock79
07-22-2012, 08:54 PM
I dont really do pics if thats what you mean. I can poat some pics as is now and with the empty boxes

husker77
07-22-2012, 09:04 PM
I dont really do pics if thats what you mean. I can poat some pics as is now and with the empty boxes

Then it isn't a build log. What a waste!

Brock79
07-22-2012, 09:49 PM
Then it isn't a build log. What a waste!Didn't realize there was a certain criteria for a build log. This is my build log and it consist of me telling what products I used and how I like them. I don't really like to waste time when im doing something like installing the system and breaking my train of thought. That's when mistakes happen and you start worrying about pictures and good lighting and angles to take them from instead of worrying about the task at hand. I don't think this thread was a waste of time at all excsept for the negative comments.

martiandancer31
07-23-2012, 01:31 AM
blah blah blah.

you should definitely post pictures to go along with your build log. Just saying.

maljr1980
07-23-2012, 01:35 AM
some kid working at car toys told me jl was the best

Brock79
07-23-2012, 02:44 PM
Um ok

keep_hope_alive
07-23-2012, 05:13 PM
the expectation of a build log is a thread with installation pictures, not just the finished product. build logs should show how you routed wires, how you build the mounts/baffles/boxes, and how it went together. the equipment used is less interesting than how it is installed.

Brock79
07-23-2012, 05:26 PM
Well i pretty much just ran wires, I didn't build any boxes or use any baffles. There is no room in these doors for much of anything. And my main goal was to look as stock as possible. And all build logs are different. I will post some pics soon.

husker77
07-23-2012, 06:13 PM
It's a buy log :cool:

Why So Cereal?
07-23-2012, 06:20 PM
Buy and **** log

Brock79
07-24-2012, 10:45 PM
My log, **** on that. I decided to go with the stealthbox, but I didn't know JL had to actually go and build it. No one has them in stock so it will be at least a week before I even get it. Maybe this time I will take pics and post them.

focused313
08-12-2012, 02:24 PM
If u heard em, liked em and got em at prices cheaper than online. You, sir, are a winner despite what anyone has to say.

thank goodness for logical and sensible people on this forum.

chillin
08-12-2012, 02:43 PM
A 9 page build log just telling us what equipment will be used...L-crx would be proud

Brock79
08-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Once my stealthbox gets here i will put up some pics. Was supposed to be here last week, Jl had to build a new one and it should be here this week.