PDA

View Full Version : help me pick a new double din stereo

carysb7478
07-11-2012, 06:19 PM
I need a double din radio to go in my 2005 Audi S4. It has the bose factory speakers that will be staying. I will be selling the factory bluetooth parts, XM unit, and old navigation unit to finance this so I'm willing to throw down to get what I want within reason

My wants

-something plain, clean, and simple looking- i.e. close to a stock look

-XM/Sirius a must

-bluetooth. Definitely for phone calls. Music streaming is a plus. Pandora is a plus

-possible navigation, but not willing to pay much of a premium just for this feature (i.e. its maybe worth $100 at most to me over non-navigation units)

-functionality with an Android phone a big plus. Not sure what is available, but any sort of app integration/playing nice with android would be sweet.

-would probably never use DVD playback function

mylows10
07-11-2012, 06:37 PM
budget

carysb7478
07-11-2012, 06:39 PM
sorry. I'd say try and keep it under 600, but willing to spend more. Budget isn't super crucial as I should have a pretty substantial chunk of change coming my way from the sale of the parts

mylows10
07-11-2012, 06:40 PM
look at the pioneer avhp 4400 bh then hit me back for a price new

electronixguru
07-18-2012, 02:47 PM
Hi carysb7478,

It all depends on the total budget or you are willing to spend. For higher end units I would go with a PIONEER AVIC series or if you want something below $400 with tons of features, you can go with there AVH series, but having said that there are tons of them that you can find in the off name brands section, Absolute Double Din, Pyle Double Din and others. You can also check out a good list of Double Din Receivers - 800CarStereo.Com
I hope that helps and good luck!