PDA

View Full Version : Idea for the site

xSPLoder
07-11-2012, 11:02 AM
An old sport bike forum I used to be on before they shut it down had this and I though it was cool. But is there a possibility of adding a chat box to the main page that everyone can chat in real time with? It would help a lot with post dumping, getting quicker answers and for people to shoot the breeze in.

Just an idea
CarAudio.com Admin ; MikeofTulsa ; whitedragon551 ;

whitedragon551
07-11-2012, 01:07 PM
Tried it already and all it did was get spammed.

xSPLoder
07-11-2012, 01:08 PM
wow, that bl0ws

MikeofTulsa
07-11-2012, 01:57 PM
indeed.

xSPLoder
07-11-2012, 01:58 PM
spammed as is in outsiders or spammed with tards from here going post crazy

akheathen
07-11-2012, 02:16 PM
i got used to a global shoutbox. pretty easy to do, and different ways. it worked out pretty good with the re-post delay built in. i forgot how long, since it's been years, but i think somewhere in the 2-5 sec. it would pop up with "you must wait x-seconds to post again" come to think of it, it may have been 10 seconds. one better thing, was that premium members, mods, etc did not have the post delay. also, new and unregistered members could not post in the shout. not sure about this forum, but i could not get the zetaboard free/supplied shoutbox was not real good. it was more of a chat room, and i could not make it global. it needed to be hosted elsewhere and inserted globally to work.

wickedwitt
07-11-2012, 02:23 PM
just go look at what kind of crap SPL sees in theirs. Love the informality of the site, hate that the shout box is useless.