PDA

View Full Version : Great deal on 17' of 1/0

Kangaroux
07-10-2012, 03:02 AM
I know this isn't really a classifieds ad but I figured I'd post this up for anyone who needs some wire on the cheap.

Audio Savings | Cadence 0G100-BLUE 0 AWG Gauge 17 Feet Car Amp Power Wire Cool Cable Technology (http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Car-Amplifier-Power-Cable/Cadence-0G100-BLUE-0-AWG-Gauge-17-Feet-Car-Amp-Power-Wire-Cool-Cable-Technology/17+FEET+0G100-BLUE.aspx)

It's CCA wire. True gauge as well, I use it in my car and have 0 complaints. Very close to the same size as Knu's wiring too, except if you go through knu you spend like an extra $10.

plantinseeds
07-10-2012, 03:05 AM
I agree, Cadence makes some good wire!

CAT MAN
07-10-2012, 03:51 AM
true gauge? umm.

cadence on the left. bulls on the right

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h467/tony30cl/DSCN1969.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

if you want cheap that imc audio wire is good i just didnt buy it. me and taylorpro had a deal

kushy_dreams
07-10-2012, 03:55 AM
The price on that power wire has been like that for almost 2 months now.

murph
07-10-2012, 03:56 AM
true gauge? umm.

cadence on the left. bulls on the right

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h467/tony30cl/DSCN1969.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

if you want cheap that imc audio wire is good i just didnt buy it. me and taylorpro had a deal

Agreed, Cadence is a great company but, the wire is not 100% up to par with good 1/0.

audiobaun
07-10-2012, 07:36 AM
Audio Savings | Cadence 0G100-BLUE 0 AWG Gauge 17 Feet Car Amp Power Wire Cool Cable Technology (http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Car-Amplifier-Power-Cable/Cadence-0G100-BLUE-0-AWG-Gauge-17-Feet-Car-Amp-Power-Wire-Cool-Cable-Technology/17+FEET+0G100-BLUE.aspx)
I use the same wiring..never have had any issues yet

disturbed471985
07-10-2012, 07:53 AM
I know this isn't really a classifieds ad but I figured I'd post this up for anyone who needs some wire on the cheap.

It's CCA wire. True gauge as well, I use it in my car and have 0 complaints. Very close to the same size as Knu's wiring too, except if you go through knu you spend like an extra $10.

FYI this wire only has a strand count of 2695.... Knu is lil over 5000 count... Lil difference no?? Knu 4awg has lil over 2000 count... So that bout sums this up

Mitch86
07-10-2012, 08:16 AM
My cadence wire barely fit the 1/0 inputs on my amp, so I think its fair to say its very close to true gauge. Hell, any larger and it wouldn't fit 1/0 inputs, so what's the point? Lol Appeared to be very close in size to kicker hyperflex too. Worked great for me...

disturbed471985
07-10-2012, 08:23 AM
My cadence wire barely fit the 1/0 inputs on my amp, so I think its fair to say its very close to true gauge. Hell, any larger and it wouldn't fit 1/0 inputs, so what's the point? Lol Appeared to be very close in size to kicker hyperflex too. Worked great for me...

No doubt I am sure it wrks but it cant really be said in the same sentence as KNU.. Two different lvls....

Mitch86
07-10-2012, 08:29 AM
No doubt I am sure it wrks but it cant really be said in the same sentence as KNU.. Two different lvls....

CCA wire is CCA wire imo. Knu may have a higher strand count, but what's the point if you have to trim it down to fit the inputs its intended for? The Cadence wire fits with little to no room in a 1/0 input. No need for a higher strand count.

disturbed471985
07-10-2012, 08:35 AM
CCA wire is CCA wire imo. Knu may have a higher strand count, but what's the point if you have to trim it down to fit the inputs its intended for? The Cadence wire fits with little to no room in a 1/0 input. No need for a higher strand count.

I just like to get what I pay for. If I buy 0awg I want tru 0awg not just what someone thinks is big enough... Just cause u may have to cut some strands to fit into terminal does not make the extra strands running the rest of the length wire useless..

dbeez
07-10-2012, 08:37 AM
Everyone one is so caught up on strand counts let's say knu is using strands that are. 007mm and cadence is using strands that are .014 of course one needs more strands to make up the size now that's just an example I will ask both and see they give up that info.;;

dbeez
07-10-2012, 08:40 AM
Also in the description it says that its ofc wire not cca

Mitch86
07-10-2012, 08:43 AM
I just like to get what I pay for. If I buy 0awg I want tru 0awg not just what someone thinks is big enough... Just cause u may have to cut some strands to fit into terminal does not make the extra strands running the rest of the length wire useless..
You ARE getting true 1/0 though. Most of the big name car audio wire brands are oversized. Meaning they aren't "true gauge". I guess that gives people the misconception that smaller wire isn't "true".

Everyone one is so caught up on strand counts let's say knu is using strands that are. 007mm and cadence is using strands that are .014 of course one needs more strands to make up the size now that's just an example I will ask both and see they give up that info.;;
Very good point. I was thinking that also.

disturbed471985
07-10-2012, 08:44 AM

Knu .016mm .... Not a pissing contest u like what u got I like what I got so in the end who cares just getting the facts out there.

dbeez
07-10-2012, 08:48 AM
Its not a pissing contest just saying strand counts don't mean **** in the big scheme of things there's more to wire than that.

wErd
07-10-2012, 08:49 AM
I run that cadence wire. Great for a budget build. It's more than enough for my apsm 1500. Wire stays cool and pretty flexible.

disturbed471985
07-10-2012, 08:50 AM
Its not a pissing contest just saying strand counts don't mean **** in the big scheme of things there's more to wire than that.

No doubt but when the strand count and the thickness of said stands is higher then say brand B's 0awg then its no contest.

dbeez
07-10-2012, 08:54 AM
Well what size is cadence's strands then.

disturbed471985
07-10-2012, 08:57 AM
Well what size is cadence's strands then.

.015mm

dbeez
07-10-2012, 09:00 AM
OK all facts are out .

Mitch86
07-10-2012, 09:38 AM
.015mm

So knu has double the strand count and even larger strands? That's hard to believe. Not saying you are lying... but I just can't imagine knu wire being double + of the cadence. I'm not saying that to nuthug cadence wire, because I know its not the best.. but I just don't think Knu is THAT thick.

disturbed471985
07-10-2012, 09:44 AM
So knu has double the strand count and even larger strands? That's hard to believe. Not saying you are lying... but I just can't imagine knu wire being double + of the cadence. I'm not saying that to nuthug cadence wire, because I know its not the best.. but I just don't think Knu is THAT thick.

Jus going by what each manf lists.. I know I bought some 14awg speaker wire Cadence and my factory speaker wire was thicker...

Sleeklsc
07-10-2012, 09:48 AM

x2, no sense spending $10 more to end up having to cut half the strands to make it fit.

Sleeklsc
07-10-2012, 09:48 AM
dp

disturbed471985
07-10-2012, 09:52 AM
x2, no sense spending $10 more to end up having to cut half the strands to make it fit.

So being u have to cut a few strands at the end to fit said terminal. This then renders the extra strands along the rest of the run useless??? I have never had to cut strands as I use 0-4awg reducers and knu slides right in on them..

Mitch86
07-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Jus going by what each manf lists.. I know I bought some 14awg speaker wire Cadence and my factory speaker wire was thicker...

Yeah I understand that... that's why I said it was hard to believe. Lol yeah I have some of the speaker wire and wasn't impressed...but I'm sure it works fine for speakers. I was skeptical of the 1/0 wire, but bought some anyway..I was impressed when I got it though. It was pretty close to all other 1/0 I have had and my 2/0 welding cable also. Which takes me back to the point that "true gauge" is smaller than audio wire that we are used to. Just look at welding cable, 2/0 is about the same as your big name oversized 1/0 audio wire.

Mitch86
07-10-2012, 09:58 AM

Yeah I understand that... that's why I said it was hard to believe. Lol yeah I have some of the speaker wire and wasn't impressed...but I'm sure it works fine for speakers. I was skeptical of the 1/0 wire, but bought some anyway..I was impressed when I got it though. It was pretty close to all other 1/0 I have had and my 2/0 welding cable also. Which takes me back to the point that "true gauge" is smaller than audio wire that we are used to. Just look at welding cable, 2/0 is about the same as your big name oversized 1/0 audio wire.

disturbed471985
07-10-2012, 10:03 AM

No debate there......

Sleeklsc
07-10-2012, 10:16 AM
So being u have to cut a few strands at the end to fit said terminal. This then renders the extra strands along the rest of the run useless??? I have never had to cut strands as I use 0-4awg reducers and knu slides right in on them..

If i'm reading correctly they are pretty much the same strand thickness but knu has twice the strands. It would allow better current transfer but I highly doubt it would be noticable to 95% of caraudio peeps. After all its still ****** cca.

The_Grimy_One
07-10-2012, 11:39 AM
I agree, I use Cadence speaker wire, and its just ok, nothing special. However it will get the job done on most front stages.

I have not yet used the 1/0 since I only use welding cable now. But to say that Knu wire strands are thicker and have twice the thread count makes 0 sense. The wire would be more than twice as big as a whole... I cant see it being that much of a margin. One of the manufacturers may be lying... Idk.

Boomsday
07-10-2012, 11:51 AM
That wire is great for the money, period

These wire debates are stupid, all wire will be conductive, CCA will work in most basic installs, if you are running 2k or less this wire would be fine

Mitch86
07-10-2012, 12:00 PM
I wasn't arguing conductivity wise...just sheer size. No way knu wire is twice as thick as cadence (which is standard 1/0 or very close) but I agree, the cadence wire works great for budget builds that do not have tons of power

Kangaroux
07-10-2012, 12:06 PM
That wire is great for the money, period

These wire debates are stupid, all wire will be conductive, CCA will work in most basic installs, if you are running 3k or less this wire would be fine

Fixed :). This wire is rated for 250A which is fine for up to around 3k. Also the wire is cca despite it saying OFC (they like to claim it has more copper in it than most other cca wiring but at the end of the day it's cca)

Boomsday
07-10-2012, 12:28 PM
Fixed :). This wire is rated for 250A which is fine for up to around 3k. Also the wire is cca despite it saying OFC (they like to claim it has more copper in it than most other cca wiring but at the end of the day it's cca)

IMHO I run this in my gfs ride and I wouldnt run more then a true 2k per thru a run of it.. and yes I have scratched off the copper tint as I do with all wire and it is CCA, but for under $30 there should be no debate whatsoever, buy as much as you can afford/need

dorkbert
07-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Common 1/0 welding wires (at least the ones I've seen) uses 30 gauge wire bundles. Audio "power" cables uses 36 gauge wire bundles so they can claim to have more "strands" in their cabling. Personally I take the welding wires over audio "power" cables since welding wires are government regulated to meet certain NEC safety requirements (current carrying capacity, jacket tolerance to chemical and environment exposure, etc.) Audio "power" cables... not so much. Monster's "1/0" cable with plastic filler core is good for a few laughs...

dwpjr
07-10-2012, 06:48 PM
I have also bought this Cadence wire. It is very good wire. I use 1/0 OFC for my long runs, and I use short 3-4 foot runs of this CCA from my batteries to my amps. I do this because this stuff is very flexible and easy to work with. I would say it is easily true 1/0. I don't think there is any way that Knu wire has the same thickness and twice the strand count....maybe th3e specs on the Cadence wire are listed wrong? This wire barely fit in my 1/0 terminals. It's very flexible and looks good too. It's a great price if you're buying CCA wire. Anyone buying CCA wire is probably trying to do it on a budget, and this in my opinion is the best 1/0 CCA wire you can get for the price.

RoYALbLUE08
07-10-2012, 06:59 PM
knuconeptz my fav wire that i will only use on my car. not to mention how **** flexible itis

BTW i have a knukonceptz 4 gauge and a cadence 4 gauge wire right next to eachother under my hood. and just by looking and feeling the knuconeptz is WAY thicker than the cadence and the strands are in fact thicker on the knu wire.

GAMEOVERCCA
07-10-2012, 07:29 PM
that wire ***** and is HARD.. very hard to work with.. ill never use it again

dwpjr
07-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Not sure about Cadence's other stuff, but I've used this exact wire, and it is some of the most flexible i've used.

wErd
07-11-2012, 08:48 PM
that wire ***** and is HARD.. very hard to work with.. ill never use it again

I haven't used many 1/0 brands but this wire is pretty flexible.

GAMEOVERCCA
07-11-2012, 09:14 PM
I haven't used many 1/0 brands but this wire is pretty flexible.

then they make more then 1 version of it.. cuz the cadence 0g i used was hard not very flexible

Kangaroux
07-13-2012, 07:07 PM
then they make more then 1 version of it.. cuz the cadence 0g i used was hard not very flexible

You definitely got some junk then. I can say at least in terms of flexibility the cadence wire is just as good as knu, kicker hyperflex and shok

GAMEOVERCCA
07-13-2012, 09:58 PM
You definitely got some junk then. I can say at least in terms of flexibility the cadence wire is just as good as knu, kicker hyperflex and shok

was a cadence 0g amp kit.. very stiff, not impressed..

Kangaroux
07-13-2012, 10:06 PM
was a cadence 0g amp kit.. very stiff, not impressed..

Strange, mine is just about as flexible as it gets. How long ago was it? Maybe you got some crap wire or something

GAMEOVERCCA
07-13-2012, 11:35 PM
was about 2 years ago. maby was bad stock, old style i dunno.. but i have had some real good luck with the soundquest 0g, super flexible and good strand count, has never let me down.. im running 3.5krms sub amp and a 600rms high/mid amp with stock alt and 3 batterys, big 3 and all runs are soundquest 0g and i never dropped below 13.1 full tilt with only 3 batterys and 130amp alt , now granted there both mmats amps that are SUPER efficient and SUPER SQ from both.. but still.. i guarantee i can clamp more then 3.5k on the mmats alone...

tc300
07-16-2012, 01:57 AM
Also in the description it says that its ofc wire not cca

What is the difference between the two...???

Also is this cadence wire flexible and easy to work with??

Kangaroux
07-16-2012, 02:02 AM
What is the difference between the two...???

Also is this cadence wire flexible and easy to work with??

Yeah.

CCA = Copper Clad Aluminum. Basically it's copper wire covered in aluminum. Cheaper to make but less current handling (CCA 1/0 usually can handle 250A).
OFC = Oxygen Free Copper. This is 100% copper and has better handling than CCA. Power ratings for OFC can range from 300-350A. OFC also weighs a good bit more.

Keith H
07-16-2012, 02:12 AM
I use this wire to power my ZX1500.1 and it works great.

And I agree, it barely fits in the 1/0 power/groud inputs...

tc300
07-17-2012, 10:52 PM
I use this wire to power my ZX1500.1 and it works great.

And I agree, it barely fits in the 1/0 power/groud inputs...

Is 17' enough to do a 2door coupe..?? Car is a 03 grand prix. Been awhile since ive ran power wire!! Lol

wErd
07-17-2012, 11:55 PM
Is 17' enough to do a 2door coupe..?? Car is a 03 grand prix. Been awhile since ive ran power wire!! Lol

17 is plenty for a run. I had a few extra feet from doing my blazer.

husker77
07-18-2012, 12:06 AM
Yeah.

CCA = Copper Clad Aluminum. Basically it's copper wire covered in aluminum. Cheaper to make but less current handling (CCA 1/0 usually can handle 250A).

Wouldn't it be aluminum wire covered in copper?

Kangaroux
07-18-2012, 12:18 AM
Wouldn't it be aluminum wire covered in copper?

Good catch, I mixed that up.

tc300
07-18-2012, 12:23 AM
17 is plenty for a run. I had a few extra feet from doing my blazer.

Ya but i want some xtra footage cause i always try diff stuff and the amp(s) gets moved alot! Lol

VWGolfMKVI
07-18-2012, 12:23 AM
This is what the website says?????

Features:

Model: 0G100
Gauge: 0 Gauge
Wire Length: 17ft
Cadence Cool Cable Technology
Special Winding Configuration Reduces Unwanted Noises and Maximizes Current Transfer
High Purity Oxygen Free Copper Standing
Incredibly Flexible Yet Extremely Durable
Protective Ultra Soft PVC Translucent Jacket
Braided Super-Flex Design Ensures Optimum Surface Area and Flexibility
Designed for Show Car Performance
1 Foot Markings on Wire Make it Easy to Read and Easy to Cut to Appropriate Size
Ultra-Pure Copper Conduction
High Current Competition Class Power Cable
Eliminates Noise from the AC Line
Shielding From RFI and EMI
Resist Abrasions, Chemicals, and Temperature Extremes
Rated at 110C (Celsius) / 230F (Fahrenheit)
Guaranteed to Make Your Amplifier Run Cooler and Sound Better
Stranding: 7 x 7 x 55 x 0.15mm (7 Ropes Consisting of 7 Sets of 55 Strands of 0.15mm Wire)
Color: Blue
Also Available in Red / Black

Kangaroux
07-18-2012, 12:30 AM
This is what the website says?????

Features:

Model: 0G100
Gauge: 0 Gauge
Wire Length: 17ft
Cadence Cool Cable Technology
Special Winding Configuration Reduces Unwanted Noises and Maximizes Current Transfer
High Purity Oxygen Free Copper Standing
Incredibly Flexible Yet Extremely Durable
Protective Ultra Soft PVC Translucent Jacket
Braided Super-Flex Design Ensures Optimum Surface Area and Flexibility
Designed for Show Car Performance
1 Foot Markings on Wire Make it Easy to Read and Easy to Cut to Appropriate Size
Ultra-Pure Copper Conduction
High Current Competition Class Power Cable
Eliminates Noise from the AC Line
Shielding From RFI and EMI
Resist Abrasions, Chemicals, and Temperature Extremes
Rated at 110C (Celsius) / 230F (Fahrenheit)
Guaranteed to Make Your Amplifier Run Cooler and Sound Better
Stranding: 7 x 7 x 55 x 0.15mm (7 Ropes Consisting of 7 Sets of 55 Strands of 0.15mm Wire)
Color: Blue
Also Available in Red / Black

Specs are off, trust me lol. This wire is CCA.

VWGolfMKVI
07-18-2012, 12:34 AM
And according to their stranding
7 Ropes consisting of 7 sets of 55 strands = 2695 strand count

I emailed AudioSavings for a response as to why they are advertising this as OFC.