PDA

View Full Version : malware is back goob....

Imtjnotu
07-09-2012, 09:09 PM
happens when i click on certain links here

Dirtrider4eva
07-09-2012, 09:11 PM
k.

Imtjnotu
07-09-2012, 09:13 PM
k.

http://themavesite.com/TMS-Pictures/Epic/Memes/HerpDerp.png

quackhead
07-09-2012, 09:27 PM
I seriously cannot stop laughing at the ****ing bear.

snoopdan
07-09-2012, 09:33 PM
that whole ******* movie rocks....

CAT MAN
07-09-2012, 09:49 PM
that whole ******* movie rocks....

yes it does

malware is back also

kushy_dreams
07-09-2012, 09:56 PM
yep chrome is giving me a warning message when I click on links in the classifieds

fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it

oh and did I say fix that ****!

CarAudio.com Admin
07-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Working on this now.

Dirtrider4eva
07-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Pics with username and date?

CarAudio.com Admin
07-10-2012, 01:07 PM
It seems that a site someone was posting an image from was causing the malware notifications. Please be aware of linking images from any sites you're not familiar with and arent safe.

akheathen
07-11-2012, 03:29 PM
you know, i've been thinking about it for years, but i can't stand when people use weird photo sites, like flikr, or whatever mostly for this reason. photobucket, imho, has been the tried and true safer site. i hate having to look at pics from these other sites, and always need to contend with those freaking annoying adware things leaching off the page and trying to do stuff when all i really want to do is see a stupid picture. and, that includes stupid links to pictures hosted on social networks like ficalbook, twatter, etc. i can deal with the ads on a photobucket link when someone uses the wrong link tag, even though it takes about 10 min to load the whole page at work, but i hate picking up bugs because someone is too lazy to learn how to properly post, or upload a picture from a decent place. [/rant]

CarAudio.com Admin
07-11-2012, 03:33 PM
you know, i've been thinking about it for years, but i can't stand when people use weird photo sites, like flikr, or whatever mostly for this reason. photobucket, imho, has been the tried and true safer site. i hate having to look at pics from these other sites, and always need to contend with those freaking annoying adware things leaching off the page and trying to do stuff when all i really want to do is see a stupid picture. and, that includes stupid links to pictures hosted on social networks like ficalbook, twatter, etc. i can deal with the ads on a photobucket link when someone uses the wrong link tag, even though it takes about 10 min to load the whole page at work, but i hate picking up bugs because someone is too lazy to learn how to properly post, or upload a picture from a decent place. [/rant]

I agree and that is what caused the last malware issue. Linking in pictures from other non-reputable sites is really putting everyone on the site at risk of being infected, or effected in some way.

akheathen
07-11-2012, 03:46 PM
it would be nice to at least suggest pb or upload. in the f/s section

jeepintn
07-11-2012, 04:14 PM
i was getting the warning from links containing damnlol site inserts

quackhead
07-11-2012, 06:05 PM
It seems that a site someone was posting an image from was causing the malware notifications. Please be aware of linking images from any sites you're not familiar with and arent safe.

hmm...I have done this...I will keep that in mind on future posts....Thanks!